October 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Eye Shadow - Annabelle - Haute Chocolate Trio Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by goddessintraining

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

C'est magnifique! I am not really an eyeshadow lover. I generally prefer a neutral wash & that's it & I especially dislike browns...yet somehow this has become a favourite of mine. I bought it because I LOVE the lightest colour & wanted to use it as a wash. I am cool toned (all the way, can't even pass for close to neutral) & so are these shadows. The lightest shade is so beautiful, it's like the colour used on actresses like Vivien Leigh in GWTW or Elizabeth Taylor in some of the photo shoots they did when younger. Creamy, taupey but cool. The mid colour is dark & is fabulous in the crease...the darkest has a shimmer to it & works well as a liner. The staying power is excellent.

It's so great I am thinking about checking out some other annabelle trios. I can say their lip liners are terrific too.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by NancyLeigh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this trio. I usually wear it every day. I have to take one lipstick off because of the darkest shade. It's TOO pigmented for me. I try to take the smallest amount possible on my brush, but it's SO dark and strong that even a teeny bit can sometimes be too much for me. I have very pale skin and have to be careful with the darker shadows. Overall, it's a very high quality set of shadows, and the price is very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Mkm5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this colour trio. I read all the positive reviews and figured that I better try it. I have blonde hair, blue eyes and am quite fair, but it works great for me! It really makes my blue eyes pop. This product is great for everyday use, and also can be used for a night look (smoky eye). I use the darkest as a liner, and the softer shades on the lid. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 12:29:00 AM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been attracted to neutral colours lately and this is my absolute favourite. I love the tone of the browns-- every time I've bought browns in the past, they had been too red or orange which just makes my red blotchy yellow-toned skin even blotchier. These are lovely for everyday wear. I am also loving the fact that two of the colours are matte; it gives an even more natural look. I use the three colours quite conventionally; lightest all over the lid, medium in the crease to make my eyes look more deep set, and the dark shimmery brown as a liner during the day. Even without primer, they seem to last all day without creasing! It does seem to be a rare breed of shadow that really blends into your skin, rather than act as a layer over it. As much as I love Urban Decay's Naked Palette, these are just more travel friendly and 7CAD full price, but Annabelle goes on sale so often, you can usually buy it for less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit: HG! Can never go wrong with it, end result is always flattering and perfect. The only tip I have- use good brushes!! They'll give a more diffused effect that is v pretty.
These browns work well together. They are not red-brown, but purplish in tone, so they never make your eyes look irritated or bruised. Makes a splendid smokey eye, as well as a pretty neutral look. I use this trio with Mac Typographic e/s as liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by janetchan216

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this combo of colors!! This is always my go-to eyeshadow when in doubt, or if I'm traveling. Very pigmented too, and the colors work harmoniously together.

You can create very subtle looks, or you can go all out and get some sultry smokey eyes. I have medium skin tone and brown eyes, and this never fail to make me look sharp. My friend who has really pale skin and blue eyes liked how the eyeshadows looked on me, so I tested it on her. And guess what? It looks great on her too!
I read someone's review saying it's too dark for pale skin... that's more of their personal preference.... after all, paled skin girls use dark colors eye make up to create smokey eyes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by tammy2526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Would Love to purchase this but is not sold in the USA...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Bulbasaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've had this eyeshadow trio forever and I just LOVE it. My mainly use for it now has been for my eyebrows. I use the medium brown to fill them in and the results are amazing. It helps frame my face beautifully. You get a lot for the price, as I can't ever seem to reach the end of this. I also use the darker brown for eyeliner on my lower lashes. Great quality product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by troglodyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic quality for the price. Underrated brand. This is a soft version of a night-time/date/sultry smoky eye. Makes hazel eyes pop.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by vivianfarrell

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For the price you pay for this trio.. it just seems criminal. I can't believe how pigmented this product is. This trio is absolutely gorgeous and very versatile. I used the darkest colour as a liner and it's perfect. Very blendable and stays on all day. You must have this in your kit. It's around $6 and behaves like it cost $40+. I will continue to have this and will now try more by this brand.