Ponds Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

3.9

Water.hexlene glycol,anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower extract, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate),camellia sinensis(white tea) leaf extract, cyclopia intermedia (honeybush) leaf extract,polysorbate 20, sodium lauroamphoacatate, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, benzyl alcohol, xylityglucoside, anhydroxlitol,xylitol,fragrance,citric acid,butylene glycol,dmdm,hydantoin,iodopropynyl butylcarbamate.

on 2/28/2013 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Never again! It didn't break my out (even though I'm super acne prone) BUT I'm allergic to something in it because it caused me to have a flare up of Milia.

I don't like the diamond quilted pattern at all.... its too rough on my skin. They are not as soaked as I would prefer but oddly enough they start to develop a soapy foam on my face after rubbing a few times. Didn't remove my makeup that well. I feel like I experienced an increase in redness around the eye after this. Don't like that it is infused with perfume.

Used 6-7x.. won't be finishing the pack. Mac wipes were better.

on 1/19/2013 9:14:00 AM

All these Ponds Towelettes are great .... I usually use the Evening Camomile, but this regular one is great too.

I usually need two if I have worn foundation; first step in make-up removal in the evening.

First, I use Lancome's Bi-Facil for my eyemakeup (mascara junkie, forget this for mascara), then these wipes to take off most of the gunk, eh, I mean, cosmetic products. Then I cleanse with whatever is in the rotation, depending on my hormones, needs, the weather, etc. Then the treatment product of du noir.

Great staple product. Has cut time and waste down, down, down. Philosophy's Purity towellettes are a good choice, but these work nearly just as well, for a fraction of the cost, and can be picked up most everywhere for pretty inexpensive, if you travel a lot.

I buy these in bulk.

on 12/9/2012 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have tried only these and a comparable Neutrogena cloth. I can't tell much difference, which is to say that each effectively removed long-wear foundation and moderate eye makeup without stinging or burning my sensitive skin. The rough side of the cloth is too abrasive for my taste, but one entire cloth takes care of my entire face. I wish the product packaging seal was more reliable; I keep the entire package sealed in a ziploc bag. Last but not least, these wipes do not irritate my skin or cause breakouts. Based on availability, gentle effectiveness (including eye area) and price, I will repurchase.

on 7/10/2012 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

*ACNE ALERT*

Couldn't figure out why I suffered break outs so frequently when I was 15-16. I thought it was too much makeup but after trying these, the wipes I was using then, and breaking out in tiny pimples in just a couple days when I rarely have breakouts. I think I found the problem!

It's a shame because they really do remove well, just clog pores and have unnecessary ingredients. However, the cold cream by Ponds works great on my skin, albeit it's definitely oily so I need to follow with a toner.

on 6/18/2012 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Based on what i thought was a trustworthy recommendation, i purchased these wipes. What a mistake.
These were moist enough, and cleansed my skin ok. But the towelette itself was a bit of an odd texture - and i've used a lot of different "moist cleansing towelettes".
But the horrible vile perfume was so overpowering! I used them 2 or 3 times and by the last time i nearly gagged. I had to open a window to get some fresh air!
I don't mind a little perfume, although i know it isn't good for my skin. But so many DS brands have truly offensive, cheesy scents. The problem was, not only was the smell bad, it was unbelievably insanely strong. I want a cleansing product, not a perfume. I have perfumes and they all smell better than this junk.
I returned the package 2 days after i bought them. Ugh! This is the third of Pond's towelettes i've tried. I have hated them all and this may have been the worst.

on 5/7/2012 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

PROS: it works sososo good and I love it! :)
CONS: they should make it more clear where to open it :(
COMMENTS: You might think I'm kinda dumb, but it was the first makeup remover towellettes I used, I usually use liquid makeup remover, so I cut the top open then I realized it had a peel and reseal opening thingy. LOL so I had to tape it over and over to make sure no air could get in the top and it wouldn't dry out. But ya, other than that I love them because they work really good. <3

on 3/9/2012 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

These towelettes do an OK job of removing makeup, and I like the way one side is smooth and the other has little bumps for an exfoliating effect. The thing thats a dealbreaker for me is the smell. Its almost unbearable. I think it comes in at least two different scents so maybe next time I'll try another scent.

on 2/26/2012 2:08:00 PM

These are my least favorite makeup wipes of the ones I've tried. They smell like hospital. They remove makeup in a pinch if you're too tired to wash your face properly but these are NOT good for everyday facial cleansing because it leaves trace amounts of foundation behind (clogs your pores) and won't get all your mascara off (you'll have raccoon eyes). They don't sting my eyes, so I have to give them that.
I much prefer my Soap and Glory wipes, or better yet, my Body Shop Vitamin E wipes (both of which are only a couple dollars more than these). They do a much better job, although I wouldn't recommend any type of wipe as your sole cleansing method.

on 1/27/2012 8:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really love how this removes all of my makeup but I find it to be really abrasive on my skin. First of all, it actually hurts to rub it on my cheeks and under my eye area and leaves my skin really sensitive afterwards. Secondly, I already have dry/flaky skin, and found this product to not only dry my skin out but also make it even more flaky because it would break my skin. Really wish it wasn't so harsh on sensitive skin, otherwise it would be a pretty good product.

on 12/28/2011 10:21:00 PM

I wanted to like this product but it breaks me out.Sorry for the badrating ponds