Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

Not so happy with this.

on 7/16/2013 10:26:00 AM

I've been wearing this weather through warm and hot and humid weather (up to 40 degrees celsius). I don't really think there is anything that can stop you from perspiring completely, nor do I think this would be good for you since your body sweats for a reason. I personally am not a particularly sweaty person but I can get pretty sweaty/smelly pits. I absolutely need some sort of deodorant/anti-perspirant. In my younger years, I have tried natural remedies like washing my pits with salt, using those crystal deodorant rocks but in the end I stuck with good ol trust worthy deodorants/anti-perspirants. I've tried those clinical strength ones that honestly don't seem to be all that much better than the regular ones.

My biggest HATE with wearing deos/a-p is that nasty residue it leaves on your pits. That white powdery residue that seems to never come off completely no matter how much I scrub. I hate how it seems to rub off onto my clothes and stay there even after washing and leave a nasty stain. Which brings me to why I like this Kiehls anti-perspirant so much. It doesn't do that! Its a cream and it actually washes off and my pits actually feel nice and clean. No gunk whatsoever.

Recently, I've become sensitive to some deodorants causing irritation so I'm happy to say that this one doesn't. I would suggest not using it straight after waxing because the cream may get into your pores.

I find it does a better job of keeping me odourless than regular stuff. It has gotten me even through the hottest days so I'm happy. I will only be able to tell whether or not it will stain my clothes in the long run, but if it doesn't, then it is well worth the price.

Some other points:
-the applicator is non standard since its a cream. It has a Juicy Tube type applicator so it takes a little more time to apply but its not overly cumbersome
-its a cream it takes a few extra seconds to dry
-It costs about 20$ so its quite a bit more than a regular deodorant

on 6/2/2013 4:38:00 PM

I was hoping this would be my miracle deo but it's not to be. Fortunately I bought it in the winter, so I was able to use it up and it did a decent job. But I noticed that it would not stand up to a workout, so I only used it on days that I didn't go to the gym. I definitely wouldn't trust it in the summer. It also irritated my underarms slightly. Considering the price it was disappointing.

As for the applicator, that didn't bother me as I would just squeeze out a bit and then apply it like a normal deo. The smell is also good - not the usual baby powder scent that most smell like.

I'll be trying the Donna Karan product next since that is getting good reviews on here.

on 1/11/2013 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

After all these fantastic reviews, I was really realllllyy hoping it would work.
It honestly did absolutely nothing in terms of an 'antiperspirant'. It didn't reduce sweat AT ALL so l had uncomfortable wet underarm patches and smelt like sweat just 2 hours into a humid morning. Also, it was 6 times more expensive than normal drugstore deodorants in Australia so it wasn't worth the purchase.

on 11/13/2012 6:42:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

This deodrant is nice! It does the job but there are plenty of others out there for a lot less!

on 10/4/2012 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I live in a HIGHLY hot n' humid climate and I always have problems having visibly wet underarms when I'm out. It's very embarrassing. Not to mention I perspire a lot too :( I don't have body odour but when it get's really humid (actually almost every day) my clothes will start to stink. Not until I came upon this! It does what it says it is! "Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant" works 101% and as far as deodorant, it does not have smell so it allows my perfume to last longer!

However, it is really important to remove any traces of this product, because it works so well at being anti-perspirant, it has the ability to clog pores, then causing nasty things to appear. If you don't have underarm pores, LUCKY YOU!

on 8/22/2012 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this stuff. I wear deodorant every day, but when I need a little extra protection I use this overnight. I don't reapply. I find the more I use antiperspirant the stinkier I get. But for those times when I need it, it's really there for me, and I love love love the squeeze tube cream application.. why aren't more deodorants and antiperspirants like this?

on 8/22/2012 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I must admit I'm a pretty sweaty and smelly girl when I don't have the right deodorant on and I was hoping this would be my new HG deodorant... but it wasn't. I put this on at night after showering so that the deodorant could soak into my sweat glands and work its magic overnight; when I woke up the next day I reapplied another layer and went about my day as usual....and let me tell you this stuff did not work. My cheap $2/stick degree deodorant works 1000x better at a fraction of the cost. This stuff was so bad that I'm probably never going to finish using it and Im not a wasteful person but unfortunately this will be wasting away in my cabinet.

*edit* 1/21/14 this product works for me only if I use it at night after showering and then the following morning I must use my degree stick over this. It keeps me from sweating as much

on 8/17/2012 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I don't sweat much and I never noticed an odour on myself. In the summer though I do tend to get some wetness under my arms so I bought this because of the good reviews. The scent is nice, citrus/florally and inoffensive. It seems to sink in reasonably fast. Too bad that after using it occasionally for 2 summers, I'm pretty sure it doesn't control sweat at all. Using this was like using nothing at all.

on 8/17/2012 10:00:00 PM

This product would only work for someone who doesn't sweat too much. For me it goes on smooth feels nice but lasts only 2 hours and then you start to sweat and stink.