September 21, 2014 | 1224 users online

Eyeliner - Yves Saint Laurent - Long-lasting Eye Pencil (Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenue)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by elfodimontagna

It is very smooth and pigmented but i got it in blue...well I souldn't have because i don't like this colour, is far too light.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by ccatharina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Always have been a fond user of eyeliners, liquid of kohl, I've finally met my true HG: dessin du regard. You don't have to push hard on your skin in order to get some pigmentation, it sticks. And I'm always surprised after a day and a yoga class, my eyes still look beautiful with the pencil. I do sugget to use the darkest brown instead of the black. It's already very rich in colour, and many people may perceive it even as black. Though it's a bit more gentle, and your eyes, especially when they are green, will pop out a helllotmore!!!!!

one con I do have to mention, it that beause of the wax, which is in the formula of the crayon, you have to sharpen the pencil every 3 times your using it. IT might be €20,00, but you don't have this pencil around as long as would love to. Very short life time.. If you use it everyday, you might need to buy a new one after 2 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by kimf79

I have this pencil in the #2 patent leather color. It's a dark brown. I bought this pencil because I was looking for an eyeliner similar to the limited edition Armani pencils. This is close but not quite. the staying power is pretty good, application is pretty smooth no tugging. But seriously the armani is better in my opinion. Once you put it on and it dries for a minute it stays on allllllllllllllllll day, no budging! So this is close but not as good in my opinion!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by princza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

One of the best colored eyeliners I have ever used. I usually buy Sephora ones I like wearing colored eyeliner but I feel that some are not pigmented well. But these work really good the colors are bold and last me all day,a nd also creamy. I have it in pink, blue, and lavander. They can be pricey - $30 per pencil but I think their worth it. Also the smudger it comes work very well. I also purchased the black but I ended up losing so if I suggest that you only use this one special occassions because $30 for a black eyeliner is kinda expensive I wouldn't waste aso much money on a black eyeliner, they all work the same on me so I wouldn't waste my on the black one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have it in 4 (Smokey Purple). It's so soft and such a pleasure to apply. It doesn't tug my eye lid, just glides on. It doesn't smudge even if I wear it on a bare lid. I can apply it really thin or intensify. I didn't use it on my waterline though so I can't comment on that. But overall, it's one of my two favorite eye pencils (the other one is Chanel's kohl). Will def repurchase
Update: Like all YSL products, it dried up pretty quickly. And after that it was not such a pleasure to use. Will try to find better alternatives

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2010 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Simply the best--deepest black, reminds me of MAC's Smolder in terms of that deep black that has a green tinge against my skin when I smudge it out.

Love:
Deep pigmentation (see above)
Lack of binding ingredients means more pigmentation and less creamy, waxy mess
More like a powder pencil than a creamy pencil
Wears impeccably, this is *the pencil* to buy if you're looking for a liner to smoke out
Comes with smudger and sharpener, which makes my life so much easier!
Not waterproof so easy to tweak throughout the day

Wish:
it was cheaper, but you get what you pay for so...
just slightly less transferring, but this is a kohl so it will smudge, but this is the least messy, most heavily pigmented of the kohls I've tried to date (far surpasses Chanel, MAC, Chantecaille, BB, LM, UD, MUFE, Dior, Smashbox, EL, and Lancome).

You need this.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2010 2:49:00 AM More reviews by mecepeda

This review specifically focuses on the YSL Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenure eyeliner in #10 (Purple Silk). I absolutely adore the overall aesthetics of all things YSL, and this liner is no exception. The color alone - a very vivid yet simultaneously soft and wearable matte lilac - would prompt me to repurchase this pencil. It reminds me of the gorgeous pastel eyeliners that Delux Beauty (which unfortunately no longer exists) used to offer in offbeat shades like matte turquoise, bright pink and lilac, in fact. In fact, this color is a bit of a surprise coming from YSL, which tends to be a bit more conservative in its color palette than comparable lines such as Chanel Beauté. This shade earns me compliments, yet I can only imagine how amazing it would look on someone with brown eyes (mine are blue/yellow). In terms of presentation, this liner also earns high marks. Like all YSL beauty products, the packaging is sleek and luxe, and I appreciate the smudging sponge at the opposite end of the liner, as well as the included sharpener. On the negative side, the formula leaves a good bit to be desired, especially for a liner at this price point. It tugs upon application a fair amount, more so than any of my other liners. (And it is my understanding that this is reformulated product - so I can't imagine how much it tugged before!) My idea of eyeliner heaven would be this color offered in the Urban Decay 24/7 formula. Someone needs to get on that one, ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

so i think i have the weirdest eye area. everyone hates this eyeliner, i hate all eyeliners and all these years haven't really found my HG eyeliner ... til I tried this one at the counter in Nordstrom. I've heard and seen bad reviews on this one, but for some reason, my eyes are actually liking them. For the first time, an eyeliner that does not migrate on me. The only thing I don't like about this is I have to put eye drops on my eyes cuz right after I put this on, my eyes start to water and turn red like I have pink eye ! otherwise, after the tears and eye drops and all, the color is still intact, in my waterline. it's too bad it doesn't work very well for a lot of us beauty junkies.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by mmakeup22

I am extremely dissapointed in this product. On my quest for the right eyeliner i figured (stupidly) the more $$ = better and bought this in black.

Do you know what happened??? IT TRANFERED ONTO MY BROWBONE. WTF THAT is the degree to how badly smudgey this product is.

I must say that it goes on extremely smooth, lasts long and u only have to press very lightly.. but goddamn this stuff smudges like hELL. it lasts very long on the waterline but everythign else ends up all over my face.

the color is beautiful and rich, whish i guess is what i paid for and the only sign of "quality". i will use it up but will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Shimmerpuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite unimpressive for the price. I have #4 Indigo. The texture is quite stiff and the eyeliner does not apply smoothly. There is a crayon-like consistency. That being said, the colour payoff is poor too. Muddy and barely there. Mac is more highly pigmented. I did, however, like that YSL included a sharpener.