Yves Saint Laurent Long-lasting Eye Pencil (Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenue)

CETYL DIMETHICONE . MAGNESIUM SILICATE . HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER . C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE . ALUMINUM DISTEARATE . C30-45 OLEFIN . CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE . SILICA.[ /- MAY CONTAIN : CI 77019 (MICA) . CI 77499 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) . CI 77491 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) . CI 75470 (CARMINE) . CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) . CI 77492 (IRON OXIDE) . CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) . CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) . CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE . CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN) . CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) . CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER) . CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) . CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS) . SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE . CALCIUM ALUMINIUM BOROSILICATE . (CI 77861) TIN OXIDE. ] "7YY05-1 "

on 3/21/2012 8:02:00 PM

this is a great eyeliner. I don't understand why people say it smudges, to me it melts off, but does not smudge. The sales person at Sephor marked their hand with it, and tested it for me by rubbing for a while, nothing happened. I got it in darkest black, and when I wear it, it stays for 8+ hours. It only melts off at the end of the day.

on 3/19/2012 8:50:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in brown.its a nice rich chocolate brown on me and looks good with my brown/green eyes. I think it's way over priced tho. It goes on nicely and doesn't tug at my skin but I do notice it smudges on my oily skin at the outer corners of my eye after a few hours.itvalso doesn't stay in my water line for but about an hour. Very disappointing,I really wanted to love this eyeliner,but it could perform better in my opinion.i will continue to use it but probably won't repurchase.

on 3/14/2012 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This has been the best eye liner I've used so far. It's a great shade of brown to use around the water line and on my top lid instead of black. I bought this in patent leather. Lasts hours but does tend to smudge after wearing all day especially since it's humid where I live.

It is very smooth and pigmented but i got it in blue...well I souldn't have because i don't like this colour, is far too light.

on 7/28/2011 11:26:00 AM

Always have been a fond user of eyeliners, liquid of kohl, I've finally met my true HG: dessin du regard. You don't have to push hard on your skin in order to get some pigmentation, it sticks. And I'm always surprised after a day and a yoga class, my eyes still look beautiful with the pencil. I do sugget to use the darkest brown instead of the black. It's already very rich in colour, and many people may perceive it even as black. Though it's a bit more gentle, and your eyes, especially when they are green, will pop out a helllotmore!!!!!

one con I do have to mention, it that beause of the wax, which is in the formula of the crayon, you have to sharpen the pencil every 3 times your using it. IT might be €20,00, but you don't have this pencil around as long as would love to. Very short life time.. If you use it everyday, you might need to buy a new one after 2 months.

on 6/23/2011 9:27:00 PM

I have this pencil in the #2 patent leather color. It's a dark brown. I bought this pencil because I was looking for an eyeliner similar to the limited edition Armani pencils. This is close but not quite. the staying power is pretty good, application is pretty smooth no tugging. But seriously the armani is better in my opinion. Once you put it on and it dries for a minute it stays on allllllllllllllllll day, no budging! So this is close but not as good in my opinion!

on 1/31/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of the best colored eyeliners I have ever used. I usually buy Sephora ones I like wearing colored eyeliner but I feel that some are not pigmented well. But these work really good the colors are bold and last me all day,a nd also creamy. I have it in pink, blue, and lavander. They can be pricey - $30 per pencil but I think their worth it. Also the smudger it comes work very well. I also purchased the black but I ended up losing so if I suggest that you only use this one special occassions because $30 for a black eyeliner is kinda expensive I wouldn't waste aso much money on a black eyeliner, they all work the same on me so I wouldn't waste my on the black one

I have it in 4 (Smokey Purple). It's so soft and such a pleasure to apply. It doesn't tug my eye lid, just glides on. It doesn't smudge even if I wear it on a bare lid. I can apply it really thin or intensify. I didn't use it on my waterline though so I can't comment on that. But overall, it's one of my two favorite eye pencils (the other one is Chanel's kohl). Will def repurchase
Update: Like all YSL products, it dried up pretty quickly. And after that it was not such a pleasure to use. Will try to find better alternatives

on 8/15/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Simply the best--deepest black, reminds me of MAC's Smolder in terms of that deep black that has a green tinge against my skin when I smudge it out.

Love:
Deep pigmentation (see above)
Lack of binding ingredients means more pigmentation and less creamy, waxy mess
More like a powder pencil than a creamy pencil
Wears impeccably, this is *the pencil* to buy if you're looking for a liner to smoke out
Comes with smudger and sharpener, which makes my life so much easier!
Not waterproof so easy to tweak throughout the day

Wish:
it was cheaper, but you get what you pay for so...
just slightly less transferring, but this is a kohl so it will smudge, but this is the least messy, most heavily pigmented of the kohls I've tried to date (far surpasses Chanel, MAC, Chantecaille, BB, LM, UD, MUFE, Dior, Smashbox, EL, and Lancome).

You need this.

on 7/30/2010 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This review specifically focuses on the YSL Dessin Du Regard Haute Tenure eyeliner in #10 (Purple Silk). I absolutely adore the overall aesthetics of all things YSL, and this liner is no exception. The color alone - a very vivid yet simultaneously soft and wearable matte lilac - would prompt me to repurchase this pencil. It reminds me of the gorgeous pastel eyeliners that Delux Beauty (which unfortunately no longer exists) used to offer in offbeat shades like matte turquoise, bright pink and lilac, in fact. In fact, this color is a bit of a surprise coming from YSL, which tends to be a bit more conservative in its color palette than comparable lines such as Chanel Beauté. This shade earns me compliments, yet I can only imagine how amazing it would look on someone with brown eyes (mine are blue/yellow). In terms of presentation, this liner also earns high marks. Like all YSL beauty products, the packaging is sleek and luxe, and I appreciate the smudging sponge at the opposite end of the liner, as well as the included sharpener. On the negative side, the formula leaves a good bit to be desired, especially for a liner at this price point. It tugs upon application a fair amount, more so than any of my other liners. (And it is my understanding that this is reformulated product - so I can't imagine how much it tugged before!) My idea of eyeliner heaven would be this color offered in the Urban Decay 24/7 formula. Someone needs to get on that one, ASAP!

Top Rated Yves Saint Laurent Products