October 24, 2014 | 1597 users online

Moisturizers - Weleda - Wild Rose Face Oil Capsules

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by karamino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG product, I love love love this stuff!!! I´ve recently been given a couple of samples and have already bought the full size which are 30 capsules. In order to see any improvement you should use 1 capsule every night for at least a week and then as a maintenance once or twice per week or whenever your skin shouts for it. My skin was getting too dry and flaky due to the change of season and these capsules are really a miracle my skin is glowing from withing super soft and smooth and looking younger. This is going to be an staple in my skin care routine. They absorb quite fast without any stickyness or oily residue. The packaging is superb it comes in a dark glass jar to preserve its properties plus everytime you open a capsule you have the certainty you´re using a fresh product this is very clever! I have combo/dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 2:51:00 AM More reviews by Zetaflickan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This product is NOT discontinued.
Excellent moisturizing oil for nighttime use. When my skin gets too dry and flaky from Renova, this works very well. The Weleda sales person said that it is best used as a treatment, not every day. When the skin has has gotten what it needs, it will make you break out. That happened to me, and I rarely break out from natural products. A couple of nights when I need to takes care of the flakes, then I use something else inbetween. The ingredients are superb, all organic oils, no preservatives due to the capsule packaging. Mild, pleasant natural scent. I live close to a Weleda store, and am often able to get this at a discount when it's short dated, then just store them in the fridge, hasn't had any go bad on me even after the expiration date.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by meisje1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product!! Does wonders for dry and flaky skin. I use it mostly in winter time,cause my skin tends to get dry and flaky from the weather. Does not cause my acne prone skin to break out at all!! Absorbs fast and leaves your skin very soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by vink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't rave enough about this. It's the best I've ever tried and believe me I've tried a lot. Give my skin a supple and bright I've always wanted it to be. My face looks soft and the skin's very flexible. I love it, period.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 6:01:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Like other Weleda products, these come in minimalist packaging--in this case a small, blue glass jar. The capsules are shaped a bit like Goldfish crackers and are certainly more sanitary than other containers (I LOVE this packaging concept). The downside, however, is the oil itself. I have dry, blemish-prone skin and it has been very difficult for me to find anything that truly softens and moisturizes. Like many of its predecessors in the Great Product Test that is my life, Weleda's Wild Rose Face Oil seemed to sit on top of my skin. While my face takes on the sheen of a light oil, the skin beneath it feels as parched as ever--tight and uncomfortable. Applying moisturizer on top seems to do little to improve the situation, likely due to the fact that the oil creates a barrier between the skin and any additional moisturizers. The product did not cause any blemishes or adverse reactions, but nor was it emollient.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by MellyHelly

Oh, these little capsules are a real treat!
I generally prefer Dr.Hauschka skincare, but the night cream skipping was not doing any good to my thin fragile skin during hard wintertimes.
Even cleansing just with their great Cleansing Milk was not enough to soothe my skin and make it a little more confortable. I don't really see any need for tight face skin stripped of its natural moisture by climate hards. So I decided that I needed a night treatment, not necessarily a cream, but anything working and most natural as possible.
These wild rose oil capsules from Weleda are the answer!
I still cleanse with DRH Milk and a little mild soap afterwards for hygiene, then I tone with Dr.Hauschka Toner and put the oil massaging. Breaking the capsule is no major issue, you just need practice. I almost use the entire content on my small face and leave only a tiny drop to use the morning after on cheekbones before or after Dr.Hauschka Rose Cream for extra-protection.
No breakouts from this oil and my skin is not dry (fat-missing). It soothes, replenishes, nourishes my face at night. I don't think it's moisturising, because oils usually aren't, at least not in a direct way.
It smells nice also and applying is comfortable.
In the morning I rinse my face with lukewarm tap water, put toner, a tiny drop of the oil, then my reliable Rose Cream and make-up.
I believe I won't step from this regime until March.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by tinkerbell609

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have to say this FACELIFT IN A BOTTLE!!! I had been using this product on my skin every other night for three months and while i noticed better tighter lifted ( yes i said lifted ) skin i was wondering if anyone else noticed. I met with a friend for lunch and she immediatly asked when did i have "work" done . She was so sure i had botox on a lift or something because as she said " you look 5 years younger" . I absolutely swear by this product. One note is you MUST get this product fresh at least a month from expiry date ( it expires quickly but fresh it cant be beat).

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2008 5:06:00 AM More reviews by lisasmith

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had several different face oils including decleor ones and sometimes a nice facial massage with a lovely smelling oil is a real booster. Its not something I would use every day.
This is a lovely smelling oil , a bit like turkish delight. Its good quality too ,it feels 'thin' in a good way ,its not sticky like a cooking oil texture that some are. I really liked the idea of the measured dose capsules but one capsule only contained enough for my face , I had to open a second one for my throat.
Its supposed to be fine to use around the eyes but it made my eyes sting a little , but most things do because my eyes are super sensitive.
I wouldn't buy this again because I didn't think my skin looked any better. It didn't seem to plump it up like decleor oils do.
Another slight critisism is that I bought this direct from the weleda website and the jar they sent me had a very short use by date.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2008 2:16:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased these after reading all the great MUA reviews. I have sensitive skin with an oily tzone and use mostly Dr. Hauschka products. Most nights I do not use a night cream (as per Dr. H), but every once in awhile I feel like I need something extra. After cleansing and toning I leave my skin a little damp and then apply this oil. The next morning by skin looks amazing - rested, soft, smooth! My tzone is not in the least bit oily. It soothes my sensitve bits and doesn't make me break out. The packaging is perfect for travelling and very hygenic. Overall a great product and something I will always have on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by crazycatwoman

What a treat! I am a huge Weleda fan, and this product doesn't disappoint me. I use these capsules as a facial treatment once every fortnight just before going to bed. I open a capsule and warm the oil up in the palms of my hands before massaging it on my face and neck. One capsule is way too much oil for my face and neck though, so I usually rub some in OH's face (he loves it!). Your skin feels amazingly smooth the next morning. Like I said this is a treat and not something I would use on a daily basis as it is quite oily, and I use Skin Food as my daily facial moisturiser. So it's like a little special luxury treat:)
As someone previously said, the packaging is minimal and looks very pretty on my bedside table.
I got this given as a birthday gift so no idea how much it would cost in the shops. Regardless, I will still buy a new one when I run out.