August 31, 2014 | 1343 users online

Lip Gloss - Burt's Bees - Cherry Lip Gloss

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by saphire82

Well I guess I liked the natural ingredients and the little pot was cute, but as far as being a gloss - no. So I thought well I can use it as a balm then - not that either. It didnt do anything to moisturize my dry lips. It almost made them feel just as dry or even dryer. I prefer to moisten with whatever I had before. Too bad, I thought burt's bees lip gloss wouldve been better than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by mtgirl118

I really like this product but I wouldn't call it a gloss. A lip balm is a much better description. I use my lipgloss makeup brush to apply it and it works well. I recommend it as a lipbalm but not a gloss. I normally put some clear gloss over it though and it looks nice.

Ellen Marie

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2007 2:38:00 AM More reviews by wonderdiana

I wanted something glossy, this wasn't it. The flavor is just OK.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2006 12:10:00 PM More reviews by sherina614

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the other reviewers that this is not a true lip gloss, but more of a balm-in-a-pot sort of product. I live in Las Vegas and even in the 75 degree autumn weather here, it is a bit of a challenge to get enough product onto my lips (that may change come next summer though). Found that if I gently scrape the surface with my pinky nail and swipe that onto my lips, I get enough of the balm to do the job.

Cute little pot and the scent is ok, but I want to try the raspberry next. I love the natural ingredients and will continue to purchase because it does make my lips super soft and kissable. Great to use first thing in the morning while I'm doing my face. Then by the time I'm ready to head out the door, my lips are conditioned and my lip liner and lipstick go on like a dream. Also super for bedtime use 'cause I hate waking up with dry lips. I like to rub the extra balm left on my finger onto my cuticles too!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2006 6:28:00 AM More reviews by babyduo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't generally repurchase balms and glosses so that's not an indication that the product sucks, or anything.

As far as I'm concerned it's rather average - the packaging is SUPER cute though! One of the reasons I got it, and it wasn't too expensive too. ($3?)

Some reviewers said that it's difficult to get out of the pot - that could be due to the cold. I stay in a country with pretty warm climate and that has never been a problem for me - in fact a thin layer at the top is like liquified.. really easy to get off and apply on the lips :)
One tip I would suggest to people having the stuck-in-pot problem: place it near your CPU tower or laptop; it gets warmed up and melts so it's easier to get it out! continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 2/25/2006 7:29:00 PM More reviews by Silent_Voice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this so-called lip gloss at all. Firstly, my lips felt greasy after application. Secondly, it made them dry within minutes. Thirdly, the smell is nauseous. Urgh! Wouldn't buy it again. Thumbs up for the cute glass jar and the natural ingredients, though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2006 7:31:00 PM More reviews by BurgundyMist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I gave this 3/5 for packaging because this is in a pot and not a stick. I prefer sticks to pots just because of the cleanliness factor. This gloss, which is very much balm-like, makes your lips incredibly soft and kissable. My only real problem is that once it's applied, it doesn't really smell or taste that much like cherries. Also, mine totally changed it's scent! It used to smell much more like cherries and now smells extremely waxy. This is pretty odd, because I have the raspberry one and it hasn't done that. I prefer the raspberry one much more!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2005 12:31:00 AM More reviews by Lippyloo

I was a little torn on how many lippies to give this product, because I don't think it's advertised accurately-- it is not any glossier than your average lip balm, and is very hard to dig out of the pot due to its initially waxy texture-- but it is quite a serviceable little balm nonetheless. The natural cherry scent is SO much better than cloying, artificial cherry balms; it reminds me of Oregon sour-cherry preserves. The scent dissipates pretty quickly, and the actual product does not have a cherry flavor, but this is a nice alternative to candy-sweet drugstore concoctions like Bonne Bell that keep you licking your lips all the time. It's kind of a scented balm for grownups. Love the cute little jar, too! As for moisturization, I find this product works best if you really dig in there and apply A LOT. Otherwise, it's a little too thin-textured to do the job. I think grapeseed oil, while an expensive ingredient, might be better suited to eye creams than lip balms. Still, it's fine for liberal use at bedtime.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2005 5:12:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie22

What a cute little product. I do love the cherry smell, and it adds a little shine to your lips. I do wish it had a tint though, the texture is really waxy and oily. Overall, it works ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2005 5:55:00 PM More reviews by chicinrubyslippers

love it. actually smells like real cherries! LOL. makes my lips really smooth.