Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid Clarifying Tonic

4.3

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycolic Acid, Arginine, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Chamomile Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Micellized Vitamin A, Micellized Vitamin E, Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Diazolidinyl Urea. 6/11/09

on 3/8/2009 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So far so good. One of the best toners I've tried so far. It clarifies my skin and make my skin tone more even. The toner is pretty strong, so you have to wait 10 mins to let it sinks in before you put moisturizer on. No breakout from it. The quantity is a lot more than what you've paid. Will repurchase when my skin starts to look dull :) Oh, since it's quite strong, I think you need to use a really good moisturizer to help keep your skin in balance.

on 8/20/2008 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really like this, it makes my skin feel smooth and clean and gives it that glowy appearance, it doesnt do much for my acne though. its a little bit harsh so i cant use it twice a day, i only use it at night, but it gives me a nice clean feeling and allows my night moisturizer to do its job better. one thing is the smell makes my eyes burn for a few seconds while im putting it on, maybe im just a little sensitive but its pretty strong. i like it, but im not sure if ill be rebuying it when i run out because although it makes my skin smooth, its not clearing up my acne which is the main reason i bought it...and its pretty expensive..so im still searching for the perfect toner.

on 6/13/2008 2:15:00 PM

I had originally tried the DDF 10% Glycolic Toner and I thought it was just ok. It didn't do anything and it took forever to dry. I was a little skeptical to try the Peter Thomas Roth version, but I'm so glad I did! It smooths and makes my skin feel super soft. I saw a difference after the first use and it just keeps getting better! My skin is more even-toned and glowing! I am fair-skinned and it is fading the red post-acne marks that I've had forever and I have only been using it for a couple of weeks. FYI, I have been using this toner every day after the Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Face and Body polish, which is also a phenomenal product!

on 6/2/2008 10:49:00 AM

ive never been a big believer in toners, but i decided to try this one out and i really like it. ive only used this for 3 days but so far it seems to be doing exactly what it claims to do. i bought it to remove the last traces of make-up at night, but have also started using it in the morning to smooth and prep my face for makeup and on my back to treat and prevent blemishes (bacne, gross!) surprisingly, it doesnt dry me out, just sweeps away flakes and clarifies my skin tone. i also really do feel like it helps other products to penetrate better because when i use my overnight retinol treatment after this, my skin looks better in the morning than when i use it on its own.

on 4/27/2008 9:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess this stuff is o.k. I didn't notice too much of a difference after using it for about 2 weeks or so. The price is pretty expensive for a toner. I believe it caused a few pimples to form on my cheek...and I never get pimples on my cheek! I would rather use something cheaper...that gives me better results...like witch hazel. Maybe my skin is too senstive to use this stuff...don't know. Never buying it again.

on 1/14/2008 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After using this toner for about 2 weeks, I saw a difference in my skin. Even my co-workers noticed the change. My skin is much more glowy and clear. The cdn price for this is pretty high, but I guess in the end it's worth it. Amazing product.

on 10/22/2007 8:54:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I tried it on a lark one day as my usual toner (oxygen mist) ran out. Skin clearer, pores smaller and no, I repeat, not a single breakout!! I was trying out a few things at the time, so didn't really attribute it to this. When it ran out, bought Liz Earle's toner.Bad, bad, bad mistake!! My skin did not exactly go berserk, but a few breakouts starts to appear, which is frustating when previously, it was clear. Back to the gycolic toner - and perfect skin again. Results for me!!

on 1/12/2007 2:50:00 PM

I have, like everyone else out there!, tried heaps of different toners trying to find one that does everything you want it to do. This is it. It is strong enough to take care of any small blemishes but gentle enough that is doesn't feel like its taking a layer of skin off when you use it! You wake up with nice smooth skin after using this a few times. Is a wee bit pricey though.

on 8/7/2006 5:57:00 AM

i bought this toner after reading the reviews. i have dehydrated skin that is very prone to brake outs. was quite disappointed as i did not notice any improvement in my skin at all from using this product. it didnt aggravate my skin condition but it didnt improve it either. will not repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is turning out to be a great purchase. I was using P50 forever but it stopped working for me in the last 6 months and I started getting patches of breakouts in my T-zone. Thanks to the reviews here on MA, I tried this product. Very glad I did. After using for about two or three days (morning and night), I noticed a significant improvement in my breakout spots. And my acne scars are lightening-up too. The price is right...around $30 at Sephora. Packaging is practical. My skin is a little sensitive and so I feel some tightness/dryness, as PTR warns might happen. Now that my acne is starting to heal, I am only using the product at night and have gone back to the P50 in the mornings. I am very happy with this product and recommend it to most skin types for mild acne breakouts. Super sensitive skin should try a sample first and use cautiously.