Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Acid Clarifying Tonic

4.4

Water, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycolic Acid, Arginine, Propylene Glycol, Alcohol Denat., Lactic Acid, Allantoin, Chamomile Extract, Witch Hazel Extract, Micellized Vitamin A, Micellized Vitamin E, Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Sodium Borate, Methylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Diazolidinyl Urea. 6/11/09

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have replaced DDF 10% with this, just because I was looking for something similar with better, less toxic ingredients, and this is it. It's just as spendy but I don't have to feel like I'm putting poison (parabens, DMDM hydrantoin) on my face. This formula has a little more 'burn' to it than the DDF did, but it fades within a few minutes. I think my skin is enjoy it, as I think it's actually more effective/stronger than the DDF, somehow, despite the fact that the glycolic concentration is supposed to be the same. I will definitely rebuy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I'm one of the many for whom DDF 10% Glycolic toner was a HG. When it was discontinued, I tried PTR's version in hopes it would be the same, as there were rumors that is was. It turns out, it's not the same. Though they both have 10% Glycolic acid, a very potent AHA, as the main active ingredient, the formula's are not the same and the PTR version has more stuff in it lik chamomile, lactic acid, and aloe. In comparsion, I find PTR to be much more potent and intense, and it stings more. The texture "glides" more on the skin whereas DDF felt more like water. The end result is the same. Overall, I think it's a great product if you are looking for a glycolic toner, but be warned that it is strong and I wouldn't recommend it if you have sensitive skin and/or are new to AHAs, you will need a lower %. It's a great alternative to DDF, but I took off a lippy because if DDF wasn't discontinued I would have prefered DDF.

I used this toner with the PTR salicylic acid cleanser, and was very pleased with the results. During this time I had nearly flawless skin. My esthetician felt like it was drying me out too much, but my breakouts were close to never and my pores (finally!) seemed small. When the bottle was empty, which took several months since it's so large--like all PTR products, I didn't repurchase because Sephora no longer carried it. Ordering online every time seemed like a chore....switched to the DDR AHA toner....not good results. Would definitely repurchase if I found this locally.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This product really made my face smoother and evened out my skin tone. Also makes my face very soft feeling. The down side is that it turns my skin slightly red for about 15 min. after I use it and I also feel a slight stinging sensation for a few min. after application. So I started using only at night and my skin still feels and looks great!! I haven't decided yet if I like this product or DDF Glycolic exfoliating wash better.

I hate this stuff. Bought it based on good reviews and a recommendation from Sephora. I think maybe its a bit harsh. It goes on with a slight tingle and then made my face a little red. I woke up with super oily skin. Tried it for about two week, whereupon my skin just got more oily. I know some people say this is purging but my face was pretty clear before I started this toner and more oiliness generally means more breakouts. It made me breakout with tiny spots all over my face. Went off it for a month and then tried it again. Same result. It might work well for those who don't use any other BHA or AHA products. My skin found it irritating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

So far so good. One of the best toners I've tried so far. It clarifies my skin and make my skin tone more even. The toner is pretty strong, so you have to wait 10 mins to let it sinks in before you put moisturizer on. No breakout from it. The quantity is a lot more than what you've paid. Will repurchase when my skin starts to look dull :) Oh, since it's quite strong, I think you need to use a really good moisturizer to help keep your skin in balance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i really like this, it makes my skin feel smooth and clean and gives it that glowy appearance, it doesnt do much for my acne though. its a little bit harsh so i cant use it twice a day, i only use it at night, but it gives me a nice clean feeling and allows my night moisturizer to do its job better. one thing is the smell makes my eyes burn for a few seconds while im putting it on, maybe im just a little sensitive but its pretty strong. i like it, but im not sure if ill be rebuying it when i run out because although it makes my skin smooth, its not clearing up my acne which is the main reason i bought it...and its pretty expensive..so im still searching for the perfect toner.

I had originally tried the DDF 10% Glycolic Toner and I thought it was just ok. It didn't do anything and it took forever to dry. I was a little skeptical to try the Peter Thomas Roth version, but I'm so glad I did! It smooths and makes my skin feel super soft. I saw a difference after the first use and it just keeps getting better! My skin is more even-toned and glowing! I am fair-skinned and it is fading the red post-acne marks that I've had forever and I have only been using it for a couple of weeks. FYI, I have been using this toner every day after the Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Face and Body polish, which is also a phenomenal product!

ive never been a big believer in toners, but i decided to try this one out and i really like it. ive only used this for 3 days but so far it seems to be doing exactly what it claims to do. i bought it to remove the last traces of make-up at night, but have also started using it in the morning to smooth and prep my face for makeup and on my back to treat and prevent blemishes (bacne, gross!) surprisingly, it doesnt dry me out, just sweeps away flakes and clarifies my skin tone. i also really do feel like it helps other products to penetrate better because when i use my overnight retinol treatment after this, my skin looks better in the morning than when i use it on its own.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I guess this stuff is o.k. I didn't notice too much of a difference after using it for about 2 weeks or so. The price is pretty expensive for a toner. I believe it caused a few pimples to form on my cheek...and I never get pimples on my cheek! I would rather use something cheaper...that gives me better results...like witch hazel. Maybe my skin is too senstive to use this stuff...don't know. Never buying it again.

Top Rated Peter Thomas Roth Products