LUSH You Snap the Whip Body Butter

3.5

on 6/6/2013 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I never understood the hype about LUSH until a friend introduced this and the Dream Cream to me. LUSH makes really really good products ( I thought it was all about packaging ). This leaves my skin silky smooth. Smells great. Chic packaging and friendly sales. Lemming to try more Lush products.

on 6/5/2013 11:39:00 PM

I liked the smell of this bar when I first got it....then I used it...WOW...is all I can say. I kept sniffing it thinking its smells like blackberry bubble gum! But subtle, not sickly sweet. I read some reviews and was wary and careful how to use this bar. This is not soap. I use this in the shower and turn water off or away. I rub dry bar only on areas I really need exfoliating and then put it out of the shower. I use my gentle scrub brush to spread it to other areas (all over) and even shave with it. It is a butter so I don't feel I need to slather it on thick, wasting so much. It really isn't necessary. I get the slight exfoliating I want and it's so moisturizing, I don't need my moisture bar I usually rub on after the shower and blot dry off. If I'm really dirty I use a shower gel before using YSTW. After rubbing this in with my brush, it washes off me very easily. I have about 30-40 uses of this bar in this manner. I will always buy this unique bar.

on 5/14/2013 9:56:00 PM

I love how this product felt on my skin, it smelled great and I do love all the other body butters I've tried from LUSH.

However, as many reviewers have previously stated, You Snap the Whip lasted maybe three or four showers before completely washing away and not only did it melt very quickly, every time i used it there was a huge black ring surrounding my tub from the residue of this body butter. If you can get past that then I recommend this product however I was unable to, as cleaning my shower after each use was quite frustrating as this isn't exactly a cheap product for four uses.

on 4/25/2013 12:26:00 AM

So the only good thing I liked about this is that is smells like the comforter. It was no more exfoliating then most other cheaper brands and it stained my skin black. Wouldn't be so bad I guess if I wasn't so white but I had to scrub this off with soap and a hard loaf. Made the mistake of thinking I used it wrong and used it once more before giving up and throwing it out. Bummer. I'll stick with Buffy or flake away by soap and glory.

Smells good, does exfoliate (but not any more than any other product), unfortunately can leave a black residue in the bath. My number one complaint, however, is how quickly it melts. You could easily go through the whole bar in a week and a half. I've found some of the other body butters hold out a bit longer (Buffy), but I think I'm just not sold on the whole body butter concept, especially since they disappear so quickly. I'd rather use a brush to exfoliate or whip up my own sugar scrub, so much less expensive, and then just use a lotion to moisturise.

Although effective as an exfoliator, it didn't really do anything else for my skin.

on 6/16/2012 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

"oh, wow!" was the only thing i could mutter over and over when i used this scrub.
the beads were just perfectly spaced in the bar that i couldn't help but use the bar to really scrub my body (as opposed to putting the bar down and just spreading what's already left on the skin to the other parts).
loved how the bluish black color showed me spots that i hadn't scrubbed: ) i enjoyed the scent, too! it's supposed to smell fruity but it reminded me of bubblegum instead.
my skin felt so silken after. also, i was able to skip my body moisturizer after this.
the only downside is that it melts sooo fast! i can see it lasting me up to 3 showers only--4 if i use it super judiciously!

on 2/23/2012 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm relatively new to LUSH products (always wanted to try 'em, finally got the chance), so I'm still trying to figure out what will work for me and what won't. Thus far, I've only found one product I really like (out of about ten I have purchased) and am beginning to wonder what all the fuss about LUSH products are.

I bought this because I have super dry skin and I need a good exfoliater. I tried LUSH's Buffy recently and I love, love, love that so I thought another body butter would be fun to try as well. Unfortunately, I don't think You Snap the Whip is what I'm looking for.

Like nearly every other reviewer here, I'm disappointed by the fact that this bar melts so quickly. I've used this once and nearly half of it is gone. For the price, it should last more than a few uses. I'm also not crazy about the amount of black residue/staining this leaves in the shower. I spent more time trying to rinse black streaks of mess off my shower walls and shower curtain than I spent taking a shower.

As for performance, I'm not terribly impressed. You Snap the Whip is definitely a so-so scrub. Because of the quick melting aspect, I couldn't spend time on my problem areas which makes the product pointless. Others have raved about the scent, but I don't find it all that delightful. The scent is supposedly comparable to LUSH's Silky Underwear which is another product that I find to be so-so - despite the rave reviews. I also didn't find You Snap the Whip to be all that moisturizing. In fact, my skin felt exactly the same as it does when I use a regular body wash bought at Wal-Mart for half the price.

I won't purchase this again because I think this product is terribly overpriced, melts far too fast after one (!) use, is not all that moisturizing, and basically just a huge pain to use.

Meh, decent exfoliating power, didn't make my shower as black as I thought it would based on the other reviews here. Smelt better in the store, but like blackcurrant when I used it at home; too fruity for my taste. I've used it twice on about half of my body each time, and I doubt I will get more than two more uses out of it. So expensive for what little use you get. Melts VERY quickly, making it quite stressful to use what you need and then put it somewhere dry before it disappears. Turns jelly-like in hot weather (I'm lucky I wasn't left with a puddle of goo), so it seems you need to keep it in the fridge like the massage bars. It's marketed as a body butter, and I thought you were meant to use those as after shower/bath body moisturizers. But this one is a purple-streak-leaving scrub for use in the shower? Sigh, I don't know.

on 12/22/2011 3:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Love this scrub. Smells lovely, scrubs very well and leaves my skin feeling quite moisturised. I don't purchase this all the time as it a little expensive for me as it only lasts me about 3-4 whole body scrubs but when I know I've got a special night coming up or something where I'll be showing some skin, I head to straight to lush to get this baby. I will say though that it makes a bit of a mess but I generally only use this in the shower and it all goes straight down the drain anyway so thats not really an issue. Will definitely purchase again as needed.

on 12/1/2011 11:52:00 PM

I absolutely hated this product, and to be honest, it's only for one reason. The lack of packaging and Lush's earth-friendly vibe are great, it actually does moisturize the skin, and the price doesn't suck, but here's what does: the fact that after I use this body butter, it looks like someone turned my bathtub into the bottom of a grill pit. Black residue EVERYWHERE, and you have to really scrub to get it off. I've only used this body butter twice, and I never will again - I'm throwing the rest of it out.