October 23, 2014 | 1448 users online

Body Scrubs - LUSH - You Snap the Whip Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2012 4:16:00 AM More reviews by polishproblem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells good, does exfoliate (but not any more than any other product), unfortunately can leave a black residue in the bath. My number one complaint, however, is how quickly it melts. You could easily go through the whole bar in a week and a half. I've found some of the other body butters hold out a bit longer (Buffy), but I think I'm just not sold on the whole body butter concept, especially since they disappear so quickly. I'd rather use a brush to exfoliate or whip up my own sugar scrub, so much less expensive, and then just use a lotion to moisturise.

Although effective as an exfoliator, it didn't really do anything else for my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2012 5:58:00 PM More reviews by klasia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

"oh, wow!" was the only thing i could mutter over and over when i used this scrub.
the beads were just perfectly spaced in the bar that i couldn't help but use the bar to really scrub my body (as opposed to putting the bar down and just spreading what's already left on the skin to the other parts).
loved how the bluish black color showed me spots that i hadn't scrubbed: ) i enjoyed the scent, too! it's supposed to smell fruity but it reminded me of bubblegum instead.
my skin felt so silken after. also, i was able to skip my body moisturizer after this.
the only downside is that it melts sooo fast! i can see it lasting me up to 3 showers only--4 if i use it super judiciously!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm relatively new to LUSH products (always wanted to try 'em, finally got the chance), so I'm still trying to figure out what will work for me and what won't. Thus far, I've only found one product I really like (out of about ten I have purchased) and am beginning to wonder what all the fuss about LUSH products are.

I bought this because I have super dry skin and I need a good exfoliater. I tried LUSH's Buffy recently and I love, love, love that so I thought another body butter would be fun to try as well. Unfortunately, I don't think You Snap the Whip is what I'm looking for.

Like nearly every other reviewer here, I'm disappointed by the fact that this bar melts so quickly. I've used this once and nearly half of it is gone. For the price, it should last more than a few uses. I'm also not crazy about the amount of black residue/staining this leaves in the shower. I spent more time trying to rinse black streaks of mess off my shower walls and shower curtain than I spent taking a shower.

As for performance, I'm not terribly impressed. You Snap the Whip is definitely a so-so scrub. Because of the quick melting aspect, I couldn't spend time on my problem areas which makes the product pointless. Others have raved about the scent, but I don't find it all that delightful. The scent is supposedly comparable to LUSH's Silky Underwear which is another product that I find to be so-so - despite the rave reviews. I also didn't find You Snap the Whip to be all that moisturizing. In fact, my skin felt exactly the same as it does when I use a regular body wash bought at Wal-Mart for half the price.

I won't purchase this again because I think this product is terribly overpriced, melts far too fast after one (!) use, is not all that moisturizing, and basically just a huge pain to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by lostintheshadow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh, decent exfoliating power, didn't make my shower as black as I thought it would based on the other reviews here. Smelt better in the store, but like blackcurrant when I used it at home; too fruity for my taste. I've used it twice on about half of my body each time, and I doubt I will get more than two more uses out of it. So expensive for what little use you get. Melts VERY quickly, making it quite stressful to use what you need and then put it somewhere dry before it disappears. Turns jelly-like in hot weather (I'm lucky I wasn't left with a puddle of goo), so it seems you need to keep it in the fridge like the massage bars. It's marketed as a body butter, and I thought you were meant to use those as after shower/bath body moisturizers. But this one is a purple-streak-leaving scrub for use in the shower? Sigh, I don't know.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:32:00 AM More reviews by claireyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this scrub. Smells lovely, scrubs very well and leaves my skin feeling quite moisturised. I don't purchase this all the time as it a little expensive for me as it only lasts me about 3-4 whole body scrubs but when I know I've got a special night coming up or something where I'll be showing some skin, I head to straight to lush to get this baby. I will say though that it makes a bit of a mess but I generally only use this in the shower and it all goes straight down the drain anyway so thats not really an issue. Will definitely purchase again as needed.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/1/2011 11:52:00 PM More reviews by tastycactuar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely hated this product, and to be honest, it's only for one reason. The lack of packaging and Lush's earth-friendly vibe are great, it actually does moisturize the skin, and the price doesn't suck, but here's what does: the fact that after I use this body butter, it looks like someone turned my bathtub into the bottom of a grill pit. Black residue EVERYWHERE, and you have to really scrub to get it off. I've only used this body butter twice, and I never will again - I'm throwing the rest of it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by ShiverWithAntici

I truly enjoyed using this product. I like that it's dark and really shows up on your skin because it allows you to see exactly where and how much you've applied. Plus, you feel like you're painting yourself, which is fun. I also love the way it feels on my skin during and after use. It exfoliates really well but not harshly, and leaves my skin feeling surprisingly soft.

The smell is interesting. To me, it smells of root beer with a splash of cherry soda. I do like it a lot, but I'm not sure why people rave about it. It's also muted by the mineral smell of the charcoal and pumice, which is actually rather soothing to me. It does linger throughout the day, but the smell that lingers is vaguely reminiscent of those scratch and sniff stickers from my childhood. Again, not bad, but nothing to write home about either.

I would say my only real complaint about this product is that it doesn't last long. The first time around, I applied it all over my body, and at least 1/4 of it was gone. I so wish that LUSH could find a way to make this last longer, charge less for it, or both. Until then, I'm saving this product for special occasions.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2011 2:09:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Why does this product have such meh reviews? It is one of my absolute favorite products EVER. First off, it smells divine. The first few times I used it I had to keep smelling myself. (The scent is similar to LUSH's Comforter products, but a little heavier on the black currant.) It exfoliates really well and leaves my skin feeling super-dreamy. The only negative (which isn't really a negative) is that it melts rather easily if you leave it in the shower. I cut mine into little cubes (single-serve pieces, basically) to get the most life out of it. If LUSH ever discontinues this I will cry for days.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:37:00 PM More reviews by smileybiker

This is my fav butter body bar. I used to like the other ones but got fed up of the greasy feel they left. This one is not greasy. It smells like the comforter bubble bar. I chopped this up into little pieces and just took a bit at a time into the shower. It lasted ages. The particles were not too big either and very fine which meant nice exfloiation without being too abrassive.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2011 6:31:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

ive literally just jumped out of the shower to review YSTW. it is honestly one of my fave lush products out!! gave a good scrub and didnt rip the skin from my bones off and is absolutely moisturised smooth and nomnomnom ^.^ i used it on my whole body after popping out of the shower ,air drying for a couple seconds and let rip. this is by far my favourite lush scent ever!! i wish theyd make it into a soap or gel or smoothie or something else more daily usable!! (the closest being sweetie pie). i paid $20NZ and it definitely is steep in price (esp since i used half of it in one hit! yikes!!) but i would buy it again in the future as one of those little treats in life... and attempt to learn how to use not so much of the flippn' thing :)