December 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I wouldn't even call this a highlighter but instead a very nice finishing powder to bring light to skin...especially those who use matte foundation. I have #4 Dore and its the 2014 reformulation.
Packaging: Its not cardboard but in a metal tin while the interior portion that actually holds product is plastic. Definitely looks great sitting on my vanity.
Product: Very powdery and when swirling my brush it kicks up a lot of product....resembles a small dust storm. They are very soft so handling them requires serious tlc....do not drop the container. Its also very fragrant so if you're fragrance sensitive you might want to take a pass on this.
Overall Result: I want to say that on my skin it gives me a nice glowy look but I don't think that is even the right word. It doesnt make my skin look dewy but it gives my skin a softer look. Applied as the very last step in makeup application it definitely blurs any harsh lined in regards to my blush and it further diffuses my enlarged pored in my t-zone. I will say that if you have a multitude of skin sins do not expect this powder to reverse that. Its good but not that good. If you have clear skin then this is a game changer for you because it will further enhance it in a positive way.
A light application is all one needs....too much of a good thing defeats the purpose of what this powder is all about.
Will I repurchase this? Most definitely though I don't think that will be happening anytime soon despite using it everyday because a little product goes a long way.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by beameupscotty22

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After wanting this for many years and not buying it because I had 3 T. LaClerc loose powders, I really am thrilled that I finally made the plunge. This powder form is so effortless to use and apply. It smells wonderful - which is very important to me when it comes to powders and makeups. I love the luminous look my skin really does have and keep after using it!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:58:00 AM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this product was very disappointing. I agree with the comment below me and if you want to go for the flawless natural beautiful looking skin, I always lean towards Japanese and Korean brands.

I really wanted to like this product, I didn't buy it, but tested it out. I let the make up artist at Guerlain do it for me. I did see a bit of the blurring effect on my skin and I KNOW that this product is supposed to be sublte...but it was just too meh for me to spend that much money on it. I already get that flawless blurring effect with better finishing powders out there.

I went home and asked my boyfriend if he saw a difference in my face and he flat out said no even after I said I put some Guerlain product on my face (he uses Guerlain men's).

The next day I brought my friend to try out half of her face so I could see from a different perspective and I was even more shocked...shocked at the fact that I didn't realize how glittery it was. It did not give a natural glow but instead I could see specks of glitter. If you're into that stuff you might like this product.

But if you're aiming for a natural glow, you won't get it with this. Anyone would be able to notice the specks of glitter on your face.

Packaging and product looks very pretty though! Hope I helped anyone out there who's concerned with whether this product is worth the price or not decide for the best! x

10 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by surfcowboy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have known about those for YEARS before all the hype. Truth be told, I had 2 packages left with plenty of balls and threw them out! The smell is amazing, smells like Chowards violet candies... the consistency is soft, theres a little shimmer... but overall, I dislike the way it made my face look. Its way too heavy for me and caused me to breakout!

There really is no purpose to this product IMO regardless of all the hype nonsense and cosmetic suckers who are like sheeps! Skin should be look youthful not all powdered down which clogs pores... This product is way over priced for what it is as it serves no benefit.

Korean cosmetic brands like ETUDE HOUSE, HOLIKA HOLIKA have much better products and for less money. Who has the best looking skin?? Japanese, Koreans and those are the brands that I am converting to.

The whole American culture is way too over done, too much makeup, too much powder, too much everything and this is primarily what Guerlain reminds me of.

These pearls dont make you look fresh, young, they just make you look like a old powdered up Marie-Antoinette! SKIP this, dont be a sheep and look into Korean makeup instead...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The color I own is Teint Beige.

I can't say this product is a necessity, but I love everything about using it. From the scent, to the packaging, to the glowing finish it gives my skin. I use it all over my face, after my setting powder to add back a little bit of a luminous finish. I have also used it alone over foundation to set it for an ultra-glowy look. I find that it's too subtle to use purely as a highlighter, but used all over the face it gives a beautiful radiance. In direct sunlight, there is a detectable shimmer if you look close enough. People who enjoy a truly matte or satin finish to their makeup will probably not like it very much. It's not like and Edward Cullen sparkle or anything, but there's a little hint of a glimmer. I don't, however, notice this shimmer in flash photography.

I don't find that this powder has the same imperfection-blurring properties as NARS Light Reflecting Powder, or even Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders, but it does give a very pretty finish to your skin. Will anybody notice you're wearing it? Probably not. Can you get the same effect with a regular highlighter and a light hand? Yes. But, it's just one of those products that feels so luxurious to use that it's worth owning, to me at least. I don't feel the need to buy every color and every special edition release of this powder, but I do love the one I have, and it looks very pretty on top of my vanity.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2013 5:28:00 AM More reviews by crazypeony

This is a review for the Guerlain Guerlain Champs Elysees Meteorites Perles (Holiday 2013). I have the Meteorites Teint Rose and I absolutely love it! I use it as a setting powder because of how it extends the wear of my foundation. When I bought Guerlain Champs Elysees Meteorites Perles from Nordstrom last week, I thought I can also use it as an overall setting powder but I found that it has an obvious warm pink pigmentation to it. It made me look like a hot mess when I used it to set my foundation because the pink tint was very noticeable. I learned from Christine of Temptalia that this could work as a subtle blush and that's what I use it for now. It wears for 9 hours and the finish is lovely. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a weird Meteorites kick lately. I bought the Perles D'Azur shade last year (for which I wrote a review) and I really do like it. In fact, it's one of the few products I don't skip putting on even if I'm being super lazy. A few weeks back, I started reading up on them again and found that Guerlain releases a limited edition tin every year. Like the sucker that I am, I tracked down three of the "rare" ones in different shades and bought them. I now have a better understanding of why some people adore these and why some people find them utterly useless. Finding the right shade that will compliment you is paramount otherwise these are no better than the millions of other highlighters/brighteners out there.

I'm biracial and my skin is tan/olive. For whatever reason, the Perles D'Azur shade works very, very well with my skin. It doesn't make me look oddly white (despite having huge white and blue (!) powder balls in it) nor does it make me look fake tannish. It really just compliments my skin even in the sunlight (you will see small flecks of glitter but most people just assume you're glowy unless they get all up in your face). The three shades I recently bought were Du Dragon, the 26th Anniversary tin called "Light is in the Air" (which is seemingly just the regular Teint Rose shade in a white box and festive white tin) and the Perles du Paradis. I also have a travel size shade of Beige Chic and a full size tin of Teint Beige. Of all the shades, Perles D'Azur and Du Dragon work the best. Teint Rose is nice enough but I think it would definitely look better on someone with pink undertones or fairer skin. Teint Beige also works well and is not nearly as dark as the Beige Chic shade. If you have yellow undertones or have tan/olive skin, the Teint Beige is your best bet if you want to start off with something "safe". The Perles du Paradis shade is, in my opinion, a total waste because it's just one big container of glitter with a cute but very cheap pink powder puff. (The full name includes the words "illuminating" and "sparkling" so it's not a huge surprise that this shade is glittery beyond all belief). It also comes in the somewhat flimsy and not very sturdy cardboard container instead of the standard metal. Since I don't plan on wearing it, that's not too big a deal but I can't imagine the cardboard would stand up to daily use or being left in a steamy bathroom. The one shade I thought would work - Beige Chic - actually makes me look terrible because it's a little too brown. Since it's travel size, I'm not too broken up about it.

Now for the real effects you'll see - Meteorites will not change your face. It's not going to erase your fine lines, reduce the size of your pores, cover up a zit or make you look well rested if you're not. If you're blessed with very good skin, this will likely make you look amazing. If you're like me and your skin is less than perfect, there will be a subtle yet noticeable effect but it certainly won't cover any discolorations or imperfections. I think in order for this product to work well, you have to have a good foundation or just be blessed with amazing skin. Despite the fact that I have brown skin, my face tends to run on the sallow side because I avoid the sun because I freckle easily. In my case, Meteorites help to amp up my skin so I don't look like a corpse. I can't speak about its setting abilities because I don't wear powder as my face dry and powder makes me look ashy but I'd venture a guess that this probably isn't the world's greatest setting powder. Some of the more realistic reviews get it right - if you're wearing the right shade, you will have what appears to be a lit from within glow. If you're looking for something a bit more noticeable, you'll likely be disappointed with this product.

As I said in my last review, I don't think Meteorites is one of those must have products. I'm very glad I have them because when they work, they're great. They make you feel more polished plus they're pretty much the epitome of luxury but there are comparable highlighters out there that do the same thing. If you're going to plop down $60+ for it, I highly suggest you try the travel sizes first (these can be found on eBay for $20-30, sometimes less if you're lucky) because there's something wacky about these shades. The ones you think will look amazing fall flat and the scary ones with odd colors that you aren't used to seeing in powders may very well make you look amazing. I know the price tag does scare some people but one tin will last for years and years. I've had the Perles D'Azur shade for almost a year and it looks the same as it did when I first got it. This is a good investment but make sure you find a shade that flatters your skin and invest in a good brush for application. I'd advise not buying the Meteorites brush that Guerlain sells because it's rather cheap and scratchy. Play around with different brushes and see what works for you. This is important because if you have a bad brush, it will take you an eternity to apply this and you'll likely end up flicking a few little talc balls out of the container. I've chased many a Meteorites around my bathroom like a loon until I finally found a brush that picks up product quickly and doesn't require me to stand there swirling for an hour.

22 out of 22 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by theleia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This was one of those dream items that I read countless reviews about. All users said it gave a barely discernible difference, yet they loved it. With such mystery surrounding the Meteorites Effect, I had to have it too.

But it's true. What the little balls of luxury do for the face is barely discernible, yet somehow better.

I wouldn't call it a highlighter as it actually mattifies and blurs pores the way a translucent powder would. It is not as shimmery as a highlighter. Yet it has a very soft glow that a mattifying powder cannot give. It is not as brassy a glow as the kind given by mineral powders, and it has no skintone tint that covers imperfections. It simply adds a soft veil over your makeup.

Having imperfect skin, I find it best to use a separate loose powder to set my foundation first, and then use the Meteorites on the forehead, around the eyes and on the chin. Using the meteorites alone over foundation is not enough for me.

But at the end of the day, if I were to be very honest, there is no magic. The biggest draw of the meteorites for me? The packaging and the smell.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 6:43:00 AM More reviews by mia000

This product is my current favorite. A definite luxury product- Incredibly expensive but it looks gorgeous on my dresser and smells incredible. Its a lovely way to complete my makeup ritual and its just the perfect finishing touch. It is subtle- gives a soft smooth shimmer as if your skin was subtly photoshopped. I use it as a finishing powder on the areas of my skin that need highlighting- forehead, nose, cheeks. I have slightly tanned asian skin and use #1.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by DarkMia1

Well I don't know ....At first this seem wonderful products,it's expensive,but trust me,one package will be for MANY MANY MANY years,it's never ends...but for a result...hmm..it is better highlighter's in a market for sure.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No