September 20, 2014 | 988 users online

Highlighters - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a MMM, C4. This isnt pigmented despite what it looks like in pan so I use it as highlighter/blush at the top of my cheeks. I apply with kabuki because of the lack of pigment.

I like the 'glow' it gives me. I like this better than BB Shimmerbricks; it's less glittery. Has finer sparkle. And it's not as frosty as the Physician Formula knockoff. This is a very good alternative to Shimmerbricks. The Milani Glimmerstripes is also a good alternative for even less.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by Pixiechix

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

This is quite a nice product but I can't use it sadly. I have pretty oily skin and when I put this on, my face looks soooo greasy. Its the shimmer in it that makes my face look really greasy. I am sure that it is lovely for others without the oil issue but for me it's a definate no no.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by aguadora

I bought this as a highlighting product, but it gives off too much off a pink sheen that doesn't look as natural as I'd like on my yellow-toned skin, and gets into large pores. It works better for me as a blusher, BUT I found that Rimmel's Pink Rose blush gives me the same effect, at one-fourth of the price.

For a while I just used this as pink eyeshadow palette. From the top "wave", the colors are similar (not sayin' they're dupes. they just look close enough, feel free to disagree) to: 1) Pink Venus/Sushi Flower, 2) Swish/Da Bling, 3) Living Pink (not really my favorite stripe) 4) Apricot Pink 5) erm. I dunno. I usually blend this with the 4th strip for highlighting.

But the color payoff is very weak unless I use a sponge applicator or my fingers. Ended up giving this away to someone cool-complected. With the amount I paid for it, honestly, I couldn't help thinking I should have just topped up and bought myself a MAC MSF or NARS Albatross. I have the Bronze version of this though, which I think suits me better and was worth the purchase. (NC35, dark hair, dark eyes)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

i usually use this over a matte blush, and before i found this i was using bobbi brown shimmer brick in rose. Now that i've started using this, my shimmer brick just lay at the bottom of my drawer. i just wished body shop had more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2009 9:26:00 AM More reviews by mazerooni987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the highlighter I come back to over and over again. I love this pinky version as it gives a nice shimmer on your face without being too sparkly or glittery. I use it as a blusher and highlighter. Found it didn't really work as an eyeshadow, the colours were just too light. I have very pale skin but when I use this as a blusher it perks my skin right up. Definitely a good alternative to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks for those of us who can't afford it! My HG highlighter and blusher!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2009 9:55:00 AM More reviews by Gothoria

My sister gave me this product so i dnt know how much it costs, anyways here is my review:
***I Love It 4:
- so light, no glitters and the shimmers r very fine when u apply it u'll get a nice sheen instead of sparkles.
- contains 5 different shades u can use them separately as eyebrow bone highlighters.
- As i have an oily 2 combination skin, it doesnt leave me lookin oilier at the middle of the day, so actually this is the only highlighter that dont make me look oilier.
***Hate It 4:
- Not so pigmented, I have to swirl my brush in there in order to get a good pay of colour.
- the transparent cover tend to get cloudy and full of scratshes after many uses, so not very attractive 2 take it out of ur purse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like that theres no obvious speckles or glitter in this product, just a nice sheen. I only use a very light hand with this product and it works great, it doesn't seem to make my pores more noticeable- a problem I ALWAYS seem to have with highlighters. This looks really good in photos too.

One lippy off because on my tan skin this does seem to have a funny grey tinge that needs to be buffed away.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 5:18:00 AM More reviews by angelbemine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This came just after BB shimmer bricks. It's finely-milled, no visible specks if buffed nicely. Gives ultra-sheen on cheekbones, but a tad dark on my pale skin. Great price, as opposed to BB. Would buy this if they came out with a lighter shade with same texture.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading all the reviews on here, and have to say I don't think it's worth the 15.95 I paid for it! I only found the white block useful as the others don't really show up enough to use as a blush on my medium skin tone. You have to be careful as sometimes it makes it look like my I'm wearing a foundation that's too light for my skin. Just wish it was more worth the price tag I had to pay for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by ksychan

This product is the best multi-tasker around. It's great as a highlighter, blusher and eye shadow. It's also long-lasting and so well-compacted that despite frequent usage, mine still seems so brand new.