The Body Shop Shimmer Waves in Blush

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/3/2010 6:34:00 AM

I bought this the other day, and first time round had to fight with the thing to get it open! But once in I was pleasantly surprised by what I found :)

It has a really nice shimmer to it, not an in your face glitter look but just enough to give me a healthy glow. I tend to use the darker waves for contouring on my cheeks and the lighter ones as highlighter, or I swirl them all together for a full cheek blush look. Its not the heaviest in pigmentation but that works well for me as I'm quite pale (NW15) so it shows enough without the darker waves looking too much.

I would buy this again but I do think its quite expensive, at 16 I could get something in MAC

on 12/31/2009 1:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I am a MMM, C4. This isnt pigmented despite what it looks like in pan so I use it as highlighter/blush at the top of my cheeks. I apply with kabuki because of the lack of pigment.

I like the 'glow' it gives me. I like this better than BB Shimmerbricks; it's less glittery. Has finer sparkle. And it's not as frosty as the Physician Formula knockoff. This is a very good alternative to Shimmerbricks. The Milani Glimmerstripes is also a good alternative for even less.

on 12/11/2009 7:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is quite a nice product but I can't use it sadly. I have pretty oily skin and when I put this on, my face looks soooo greasy. Its the shimmer in it that makes my face look really greasy. I am sure that it is lovely for others without the oil issue but for me it's a definate no no.

on 12/11/2009 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this as a highlighting product, but it gives off too much off a pink sheen that doesn't look as natural as I'd like on my yellow-toned skin, and gets into large pores. It works better for me as a blusher, BUT I found that Rimmel's Pink Rose blush gives me the same effect, at one-fourth of the price.

For a while I just used this as pink eyeshadow palette. From the top "wave", the colors are similar (not sayin' they're dupes. they just look close enough, feel free to disagree) to: 1) Pink Venus/Sushi Flower, 2) Swish/Da Bling, 3) Living Pink (not really my favorite stripe) 4) Apricot Pink 5) erm. I dunno. I usually blend this with the 4th strip for highlighting.

But the color payoff is very weak unless I use a sponge applicator or my fingers. Ended up giving this away to someone cool-complected. With the amount I paid for it, honestly, I couldn't help thinking I should have just topped up and bought myself a MAC MSF or NARS Albatross. I have the Bronze version of this though, which I think suits me better and was worth the purchase. (NC35, dark hair, dark eyes)

on 11/28/2009 11:51:00 AM

i usually use this over a matte blush, and before i found this i was using bobbi brown shimmer brick in rose. Now that i've started using this, my shimmer brick just lay at the bottom of my drawer. i just wished body shop had more colors.

on 11/2/2009 9:26:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is the highlighter I come back to over and over again. I love this pinky version as it gives a nice shimmer on your face without being too sparkly or glittery. I use it as a blusher and highlighter. Found it didn't really work as an eyeshadow, the colours were just too light. I have very pale skin but when I use this as a blusher it perks my skin right up. Definitely a good alternative to the Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks for those of us who can't afford it! My HG highlighter and blusher!

on 9/21/2009 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My sister gave me this product so i dnt know how much it costs, anyways here is my review:
***I Love It 4:
- so light, no glitters and the shimmers r very fine when u apply it u'll get a nice sheen instead of sparkles.
- contains 5 different shades u can use them separately as eyebrow bone highlighters.
- As i have an oily 2 combination skin, it doesnt leave me lookin oilier at the middle of the day, so actually this is the only highlighter that dont make me look oilier.
***Hate It 4:
- Not so pigmented, I have to swirl my brush in there in order to get a good pay of colour.
- the transparent cover tend to get cloudy and full of scratshes after many uses, so not very attractive 2 take it out of ur purse.

on 9/13/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I like that theres no obvious speckles or glitter in this product, just a nice sheen. I only use a very light hand with this product and it works great, it doesn't seem to make my pores more noticeable- a problem I ALWAYS seem to have with highlighters. This looks really good in photos too.

One lippy off because on my tan skin this does seem to have a funny grey tinge that needs to be buffed away.

on 5/3/2009 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This came just after BB shimmer bricks. It's finely-milled, no visible specks if buffed nicely. Gives ultra-sheen on cheekbones, but a tad dark on my pale skin. Great price, as opposed to BB. Would buy this if they came out with a lighter shade with same texture.

on 5/2/2009 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this after reading all the reviews on here, and have to say I don't think it's worth the 15.95 I paid for it! I only found the white block useful as the others don't really show up enough to use as a blush on my medium skin tone. You have to be careful as sometimes it makes it look like my I'm wearing a foundation that's too light for my skin. Just wish it was more worth the price tag I had to pay for it!

Top Rated The Body Shop Products