MAC Lustreglass - Spring Bean

4.3

on 3/18/2011 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

It's strange how we can be fooled by how Mac products look in the tube or pan or whatever. This is one of those strange lipglasses that I took a chance on and won.

It literally appears to be green in the tube but when I slather it on it is a gold, caramel color with sparkles. Not garrish, kiddie sparkles. I'm a grown woman and don't like glitter left on my face. My tube of Spring Bean is almost empty because it looks SO GLAM on top of Siss!!! Siss is great but can be a little flat and dry. But swipe some SB over the top and lips look sappy and juicy like honey. I will buy a new one soon.

Edit: I have had Moon Fleet from NARS for a while and decided to compare it with Spring Bean. I must say they are very similar but my preference for sparkle is MoonFleet. However; for the price (MAC is $10 less) Spring Bean is the best!!!

on 1/18/2011 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love this lipglass color! Honestly, when the sale woman told me to try springbean, I thought it would be too bright....boy, was i wrong! The color was beautiful and quite sheer. To make the color popped, she told me to line my lips with the lip pencil called "current". It is a reddish/burgundy color liner that made my lips look mouth-watering and lucious! It is a great evening look when you wear it with the that liner and gloss.

on 1/17/2011 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've had this for a while now and I only reach for it once in a while. I do like the way it makes my lips look. As I can't really pull off nude lips, this is a perfect alternative for me.
It's more about the texture. When I have this on my lips feel sticky and the day afterwards they always peel and it takes me days to make them go back to normal.
Also it makes teeth appear more yellow than they really are.
Apart from those things I really like it. It's very versatile, goes with a lot of different looks.
I also love pulling this out of my handbag, people always ask me about it when I do. So it usually travels with me in my handbag.
Staying power is quite okay. Because of the thick consistency it does last longer than other lipglosses, but it's not a 24 hour kinda thing.
I like that it comes with a real brush, always prefer those. The packaging is typically MAC, classy and simple.
In general this product is nice as long as it's on the lips. I just don't like the effect it has the day after.

NC20(winter)NC30(summer), black hair/brown eyes for reference:
This is my HG lipglass in the summer(especially for grab-n-go days) . Perfect caramel lips w/just a hint of glitter. I have gone thru 3 tubes & bought one for my daughter since she doesn't want to deal with lipstick but loves a nude lip.

on 10/3/2010 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This lustreglass is supposed to be sheer, I don't know why everyone's afraid or expecting green, green lips; it's not gonna happen! This one brings out my magenta and plum lipsticks, like my favorite MAC lady recommended. I even just place some in the middle of my bottom lip and it seems to make my lips a little larger. It's my sheer gloss staple! Plus I love the brush applicator. It's easier to apply than the usual sponge ones.

on 8/18/2010 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This green gloss goes on a gorgeous honey color once I put it on my lips and adds a fabulous kick when I apply it over super dark lipsticks (such as midnight media or film noir). I love using this on days when it's super hot outside and I can't wear a lot of makeup since it adds a very flattering, complimentary lip to a natural look.

Long lasting and not the least bit sticky. I don't know what it is about this formula but for some reason it feels better on my lips than any of the other mac glosses.

i like pretty much everything about this lipgloss the colour , pigmentation, texture, applicator and the smell of it. i just dont wear it that much because i just have other colours which i prefer so it gets a bit neglected.
this was the first mac lip product i bought and i dont regret it just wish i would want to wear it more often.

I have medium pigmented lips. This makes my lips a pretty caramel nude with green shimmer. The only bad thing is, the green shimmer is REALLY noticeable on my lips for some reason, even if i apply a little bit. Its really fun to whip this out because people are like :O I go through MAC lipglasses really fast so i wish they would make them cheaper, or put more in the damn tube.

on 5/24/2010 1:25:00 AM

LOVE this. Such thick consistency that's long-lasting, and the colour is amazing. It's more of a gold-brown colour on pigmented lips with a subtle green sheen and flecks that sparkle under the light. Incredible shine. A bold yet toned-down colour. MAC's traditional vanilla scent is a perfect final touch. It's cheaper than the Cremesheens but there's less in the tube, shucks.

on 4/25/2010 7:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

on my 3rd tube -- I use this to tone down reddish tones in heavily pigmented lips for those who want a natural nude lip.

works like a charm!