July 31, 2014 | 1291 users online

Blush - NARS - Cream Blush in Penny Lane

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by fashionista27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have ordered today from Nordstrom to be shipped over here I can't find it anywhere in here. Actually, I haven't got it yet.. so this is just an intro :-) I will let you know one it's on-hand, tested and tried it. Will keep you posted lovelies! x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Penny Lane looked gorgeous swatched on my hand, like a lit-from within natural flush. However, it just didn't show on my NW20 skin. I thought it would at least be useful as a "no make-up" look, or a highlighter, but I was never very impressed with the looks I achieved, so I ended up swapping it. It just didn't work out for me, but I can see how it could be gorgeous on others.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by funnyblossom

This one was a disppointment to me.. I like the texture when it is applied and the soft pigment is classy. However, I find that NARS cream textures are not up to par with its powders - they donīt last.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 3:44:00 AM More reviews by andreacshortell

I've had Penny Lane for a while but it's only recently that I've started to use it regularly. At first I was'nt applying it correctly, i.e i was using my finger and far too much product and whilst blending it on my cheek essentially i was rubbing it away. I left it for a while thinking it was the consistency of the cream blush. Since buying the Real Technique's core collection I tried applying this blush with the contour brush that comes in the set. I stipple the product onto the apples of my cheeks and gives the most gorgeous glow. I am an olive/yello NC20/ Fiji in Sheer Glow, and this paired with laguna bronzer gives a great finish. I would certainly recommend this but be aware of how you apply it; perhaps the small 188 stippling brush from MAC could work well too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 3:46:00 AM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

It took me a while to warm up to this blush. My makeup philosophy is usually "more is more" (bad..I know). I love loud blushes, and penny lane is most definitely not that. After having it for 2 years, I decided to give it another try. Since I do a strong neutral smokey eye pretty much every day, this blush pairs perfectly because it's not OTT. It's a perfect understated mauve-y peachy color that looks amazing on me. I love that it's not too creamy (like some MAC cream blushes) and it dries to a powder. This is my new favorite blush in my collection. I can't stop wearing it. I deleted my original review b/c I never gave this a fair chance. I am NC20, and would recommend this to all pale ladies out there. It makes me feel very sexy/sophisticated in an understated way. Sometimes more is not more (as I am learning!) It's worth ever penny (heeehee). I will definitely re-purchase. BTW, I apply it with a duo-fiber brush (MAC) and then swipe some MAC Soft and Gentle on my cheek bones to really glow.

EDIT: I demoted this to 4 lippies because After almost finishing penny lane, I realized its not dewy enough for me. The color is to die for, but I think my dry skin needs something with more moisture. I'm going to try still Lillian next but may go back to penny lane

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ryanhill

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice color nothing special. Does not last. Quite expensive for so little product. I have a problem with Nars blush packaging. The hinge always snaps on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by violas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hard to find nice everyday blushes for pale skin that doesn't make you look clownish. I used to be terrified of pink blush but this color looks very natural-like how your skin flushes on a cold day.
Taking a second look at cream blushes. Adheres well to oily skin and I actually think its better than powder for a fresh dewy look.
Definitely have fallen in love with NARS products and its worth the price as it lasts forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by sukayna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is THE perfect natural blush. The color is a light nude-pink with slight brown undertones. On my NC30-35 skin this looks like a really light, natural flush. Works perfectly for heavier makeup looks! This is quite a sheer, light color so I don't think that this would show up on any skin tone past NC35. The fact that it's a cream blush allows it to meld into my skin for beautiful, natural results. This also lasts a very long time on my skin, if I apply it in the morning it is still visible by the time I wash my face at night. The texture is perfect, not too dry for a cream blush, but not too creamy and emollient. Would definitely repurchase if I ever hit pan on this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

Penny lane should be marketed more as a subtle highlighting cream product instead of a blush. The color is too dull looking on my NC15 skintone but looked ok layered over another peachy or pink blush. I had trouble blending the blush even when using a skunk brush, it's just too thick. Another downside to the blush is that it accentuated my pores and caused tiny breakouts after a few days. If you're looking for a similar shade in powder form, MAC's tenderling isn't that different aside from the fact that it's matte and there's just a tiny bit less pink in it.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

This is a cream blush, which I usually don't like, but the color looked so pretty, and it isn't available in powder form, so I bought it anyway. I think that this would be better on warmer, more yellow colored skin tones (based on the reviews here). I am an NW 10/15 and, like other have said, it looks like ashy, dull pink dirt on my face! Those that are NC toned have said that it is rosy. Very unflattering on my skin. It was recommended to me because of my pale skin, but I guess the SA at sephora failed to take my skin undertones into account. This blush also reminds me of why I usually don't buy cream blushes. It didn't stay on, even though I have dry cheeks. I tried a bunch of different bases with no luck. A complete waste of money. I threw it out and I won't ever buy this again.