October 1, 2014 | 1561 users online

Gels/Soaps - Philosophy - Senorita Margarita 3-in-1

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 7:09:00 AM More reviews by MillasonPaige

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Seņorita Margarita is one of my favorite Philosophy 3-in-1's. The other is the Gingerbread Man. Seņorita definitely smells like a salt crusted margarita. It is not too sickly sweet smelling so that it just reads "lime." I'm not sure what they added to it to make it smell more like a margarita. Sometimes I think I can smell the salt, other times it's the alcohol. That being said, this is a delight to use in the shower; that's where the smell ends. There is no lingering on the skin which is good because I personally wouldn't want to smell of alcohol around others!

FYI, the quality of the packaging varies with the size. 32, 8, 4, and 2 oz. bottles are of much sturdier packaging than 16 and 24. I am waiting until I can get my hands on a 32. oz. bottle with a pump so I can refill that. In the meantime, I will have to keep refilling my 8 oz. bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by stitchtupgothgrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't normally try fruity scents, but I thought I would give this one a shot. I received a sample to try. I smelled the product, and was immediately turned off. It smelled like a bathroom cleaner or cheap flea market / Carol's Daughter perfume = P . I decided to give it another shot in the shower. I added some to my puff- and it lathered up nice like the other 3-in-1's-, but I rinsed it out and decided to try another scent, lol!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Senorita Margarita is one of my favorite scents in a bath product. Not quite as strong as True Blue Spa's Need a Margarita? and not quite as salty, this 3in1 lathers nicely and works well as a bubble bath. The scent doesn't linger too long on the skin, and the price is on the high side, but I would repurchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by hondafan1122

Love this product! I am new to Philosophy (just started as a fan this year)! I love this product! A little bit goes a long way. I have had this 16 oz. 3-in-1 in my shower for two months and it is only halfway! With other shower gels etc. I end up having to use a lot of product on my loofah, and with this one I don't. The smell is wonderful, and don't worry, once you are out of the shower it doesn't linger in a bad way. LOVE this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2009 5:06:00 AM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells exactly like margarita, and some people might not like that, but I think it smells delicious! It does the job well. It lathers nicely and leaves your skin feeling clean. I'd never use it as a shampoo because it's going to dry out my already dry hair. The smell does not last when you leave the shower, however, which is why I took off a lippie.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by JaimeLeah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this scent. I've just recently gotten into Philosophy's 3 n 1s (Unconditional Love and Strawberry Frosted Layer Cake) and had to have this one. If you love Margaritas I would strongly suggest getting this product. I love that you can smell the salt in there as well as the lime and a slight tequila like smell but it's really subtle so you don't smell like you've been boozing. I'm going to shower with this and use my Demeter Margarita cologne over it on days when I can't drink a real margarita.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/21/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by MISHA5150

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would rather drink a margarita than smell like one. No bueno.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Hopps

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love, love, love this 3 in 1 from Philosophy. Like other folks it wasn't a scent that I thought I would love but after getting a small bottle of it in a sampler pack (Godchild) I fell in love with it. It not only smells incredible but makes this wonderful foamy lather that is so invigorating first thing in the morning. My other 3 in 1 faves--Empowerment and Candy Cane--are also great wake-up shower gels but there's something about the salty, lime smell of this that keeps me coming back!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by achtungbaby80

Whee! This is such a fun bath product--and it smells like an actual margarita! The first time I smelled it I didn't like it at all, so I stuck with my old standby Classic Fudge Cake 3-in-1 until the weather got too warm to want to wash off with something that smelled chocolate. I was looking for something summery and refreshing, that I could see myself using in a cool shower after a long hot day, so back I went to Sephora to see what other "flavors" they had in stock. The Philosophy rep happened to be there and she suggested this one, so I sniffed it a second time just to be polite and lo and behold, it struck my fancy and I bought it on the spot. The scent, as I said, really is "margarita"--it's not straight up lime, and you can smell the salt and tequila in there too. Some people may not like the idea of taking an alcoholic beverage-scented shower and I can understand that, but for me this has become my go-to shower gel and shampoo for summer. I use it for both (never for a bubble bath, though, because I rarely take baths) and it does a fine job; as a shampoo, it cleans pretty well and as a shower gel, it seems to moisturize enough that I can tell when I use something else. I really dig the clean feeling it gives. One of the complaints people seem to have about the Philosophy 3-in-1 products is that the smell doesn't linger after your shower is over, and that's true, but that's one of the main sellings points for me as I like to wear perfume and I don't want my bath gel and shampoo competing with my fragrance and causing people to swoon from the cacophony of scents. At $16 it's a little steep, but these bottles are pretty big and they last a while (trust me) even with my liberal usage, and they do double--or triple--duty, so I recommend trying this if you're looking for a bath product for the summertime.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by Confetti_hearts

This is my ALL TIME favorite showergel from Philosophy. This shower gel smells exactly like margaritas (woohoo!) and was a great pick me up after a bad day at work or just when you wanted to feel really awake. This worked great as a shampoo as well for margarita infused hair. This shower gel made my skin soft and feel thoroughly cleansed which was great. I was so sad when I didn't see it anymore at Sephora and I desperately wish that they would re-release it so I can buy more! I love it! I was in sephora recently and smelt a margarita perfume and it instantly made me remember this shower gel... just like a long lost love. <3