Physicians Formula Gentle Cover Concealer Stick (Yellow)

3.2

TRIDECYL STEARATE,NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE,TRIDECYL TRIMELLITATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL,OZOKERITE,DIETHYLHEXL ADIPATE, ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, ISOPROPYL LANOLATE,BEESWAX,KAOLIN,ASCORBYL PALMITATE,BHT,CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE,CITRIC ACID,GLYCERYL OLEATE,PROPYLENE GLYCOL,TBHQ, VEGETABLE OIL, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN:TITANIUM DIOXIDE,CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS,IRON OXIDES,TALC, ULTRAMARINES.

on 10/19/2013 3:25:00 PM

Purchased this product as I was just getting into makeup and was buying nearly all product from groceries/pharmacies and desperately wanted to get rid of under eye circles. I am no "pro" by any means however..
Does not cover my dark (blue-ish purple) circles at all. I have found correctors in peach work wonders (bobbi brown, erase past, etc) but was initially suggested this before I discovered that. Super waxy. Not very blend-able, it just disappears! Thought id try it out for "contouring" but for all of the above reasons it did nothing for me. Gone by the end of the day even with powders, primers and setting sprays. My under eye area is pretty normal, I get minor oily spots mid day in my t-zone, minor dry-ness beside my nose. Just not for me.

on 4/29/2013 5:40:00 PM

So far, I really like this for dark circles that are in the corner of my eyes. It's sheer, which I like, as I don't need much. Stays on well, too. I don't really blend, I tap it with a concealer brush. I hated my L.A. Colors light loose powder, because I think it's a bit too yellow, well, I now use it along with this yellow concealer and together, they work GREAT! Can't tell I have dark circles anymore! Anyway, it's a creamy formula so it is easy to apply. It's also easily buildable. Great drugstore find.

I hate the new packaging of these concealer sticks. It honestly could pass as a product you would find in a Dollar Store. I know that sounds really bad but that was my first impression. Moving on to the actual product:
- I bought this yesterday since I was running out of the green concealer stick. So far I prefer the green stick because I find that it corrects my under eye dark circles better even though the yellow stick is what this is for.
- The first time I tried my new concealer stick, it creased a lot on me. Not as much as the green stick. I haven't bought this in awhile, so I'm not sure if its a new formula, or if its just because I havent used it in ages.
- I still do think this is a good concealer. It corrects my tea-bagged eyelids really well.
- A little goes a long way with this concealer I find. It tends to look really cakey the more you add.
- I will continue to purchase this, but the Physician's green concealer stick is still my favorite.

on 1/23/2013 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my backup concealer when I run out of Boi ing from Benefit. I keep hearing that if you have dark circles under your eyes, then use pink. But when you use pink and you have dark circles, you get gray under eye circles. Hmmmmm... So I read somewhere to use yellow. I used this and it worked. At $7.00, it is cheap and it works well. It is soft and doesn't rip out my skin. It stays all day and you can use powder set it. Again, another well kept secret in the makeup world. It also doesn't show your creases either! A plus. :)

on 12/30/2012 1:56:00 PM

After trying numerous products to help hide my hideous undereyes, I found one that works! This yellow stick really does minimize the dark circles and it blends well.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Bit of experimenting and I am now in love with this and it is a repurch. For blemishes, this is fantastic, neutralises the red, and the stick formula means it sticks to blemishes better than a liquid formula. For under eyes, it is best applied OVER fdtn but before any powder, because the fdtn creates a base. On skin alone, it will drag undereye skin. I will still go and get the Twins, because the liquid formula is great under eye.

I had a hard time choosing between the PF concealer twins (in yellow and light) over this but chose this because I just wanted a yellow corrector. In hindsight I probably should have bought the PF twins.

This is creamy but not as creamy as a liquid concealer or some jar concealers (like NYX). It will drag under the eyes slightly so you can apply to ring finger and pat, or you can dot underneath and then pat. However, I have found it sorta grabs on the skin so you need to blend it really well. If it were creamier this would be easier! So a bit of work is required.

3 for packaging because it looks like a lipstick but the barrel is taller than the packaging tube. This means you have to be careful taking the lid off so you don't chip the barrel on the side of the lid tube. Grr.

Overall, for AU$15 this is a pricey corrector which doesn't work perfectly. I'm going back to get the twins because in store that product is a thick liquid formula and really creamy and pigmented. The twins also has the light concealer on the other end so you can automatically cover up the yellow. This is handy if you don't already have a skin coloured concealer. I found that the PF light over the PF yellow looked ok, and neutral. But I wish they'd release a version of the yellow on its own!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

on 9/24/2012 7:31:00 PM

I use this on my under eye circles it doesn't completely eliminate them but I'd say it helps by 80% and that's good enough for me because this is the first concealer I've ever tried. After this ill probably try something else just to explore my options. It is really yellow but it goes pretty well with me I'm NC30. I would recommend it you just have to work with it a little bit in terms of blending.

on 7/9/2012 12:09:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this product! I don't use this alone to cover my dark circles but I use it to cancel out the darkness of it THEN use my skin colored concealer. It's pretty pricey but it lasts for a really long time. I've had mine for about a year now and I still have a little bit left. I have a backup of it since it works great for my circles.

on 6/27/2012 5:27:00 AM

I got it online for 79 cents and did not expect to even use it since I only wanted the free PF OrganicWear Mascara that came free with it. I tried it anyway since it's a habit of mine to want to try everything. Lo and behold, it is the best concealer I've used for covering undereye circles! I apply it direcly on my skin or use a concealer brush. No matter what, you have to blend--as with any other concealer. Anyway, I spend a lot of money on concealers because I've always been self conscious of my dark circles. It works much better than any skin toned concealer I have used and works best along side your traditional concealer.

And maybe it is because I am asian but I find that if I blend enough I can use it without anything else over it. My favorite application would be this alongside an eye brightener.

I would definitely repurchase even at MSRP though I don't think I will be running out anytime soon. I also like the fact that I don't need to use as much eye concealer--which tends to be more expensive than what this costs!

on 3/6/2012 8:32:00 PM

This concealer was very very very dry. It made the skin under my eyes look cakey and dehydrated. The colour is great for covering dark circles but the formula is just plain difficult to work with.