July 23, 2014 | 2105 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Ultrabland

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by crzynluv56

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Im somewhat annoyed at the fact that lush still tries to come off as "natural." let me tell you something ladies....Methylparaben and Propylparaben are NOT NATURAL, they are NOT ORGANIC and they are NOT GOOD FOR YOU. that being said I used this product several times because the sales lady raved about how natural and good for your skin it is. maybe she doesnt know what natural really means. The product itself isnt bad but definitely not worth using the parabens.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 2:31:00 AM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Fun fact: Almost all of the Lush founders use this in their skincare. And there's a reason they do! I've personally been using this for about a month now and I really dig it! This is my nighttime cleanser. I smear a fair bit onto my face, rub it in, then remove with a hot damp towel. This removes EVERY stitch of makeup I'm wearing. I've never used a makeup remover this good before! I find that after using this, my skin looks and feels more even, and has a bit of a glow to it. Dullness has been a problem for me because my cheeks are dry, but I feel like Ultrabland gives me more of a glow. It doesn't add any extra oiliness to my forehead and nose as well! A definite repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2014 1:14:00 PM More reviews by hannahfox7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture of this cleanser - it's silky and smooth and feels lovely on my skin. I have been using it every day to take off my makeup, but I usually use a cotton pad to take off my eye makeup first as otherwise it all gets a bit messy and the black mascara stains the flannel.

I massage this into my skin and then use a hot wet flannel to thoroughly wipe it off. The flannel gets a bit dirty with the oil and makeup so you have to change it every few days.

This will leave your skin so so smooth and soft, sometimes I even skip moisturiser after using this:)

when I first used it I think it broke me out, but now I make sure I always wash it off thoroughly and I haven't had another breakout since.

not sure how good this will be for oily skin but If you have normal/dry skin this is a great cleanser!

I knocked off a star because it's quite expensive for the amount you get, but I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by no1wells

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Amazing product for sensitive skin , this cleanses and calms and nourishes my extremely sensitive skin.
Takes a bit if getting used to as it seems very oily , but I use it as a moisturiser too .
I would be devastated if lush changed or discontinued this product .
Only critiscm is it still has a para been preservative in it all though lush say this is minimal , it would be truly skin friendly without it

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

This product is horrid. I use lots of balm cleansers and generally love them. This however is awful. It is too heavy/oily/greasy and leaves a residue on the skin. Doesn't cleanse effectively.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by mrskrohn

PROS:
-Very gentle
-Great for acne-prone skin
-Doesnít dry my skin out
-Makes my skin very soft and moisturized
-Removes all of my water-proof eye make-up
-A small amount of product is needed
-Minimal smell

CONS:
-Tub packaging
-Must use washcloth to get it off completely
-Price (3.5 oz = ~$30)

BOTTOM LINE:
Will definitely repurchase. Iím on my third tub of this stuff. I used this while on Accutane to help moisturize and cleanse my dry, broken-out skin and it was a God-send. I continued using it just because it removed all of my make-up and helped my skin to calm down. It also helps remove flakiness since you have to use a washcloth to remove the product. I donít like that itís in a tub, but I donít see how any other packaging would work for this product, so I wonít remove a lippie for that. It is somewhat pricey, but a 3.5 oz tub usually lasts me 2-3 months so I can handle it. It is natural and makes my skin so very soft. Love this stuff. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:30:00 PM More reviews by grimaldi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

i like this as a cleanser when my skin is dry, and as a makeup remover it is unbeatable, especially on the eyes. my only qualm is that i find it smells.. sort of like a person? Like a pleasant smelling person. it's very sweet and musky, but something about that smell throws me off. it might just be a personal thing, but it almost smells like pheromones to me, which isnt what i look for in something i'm putting on my face. it works very well though

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by tdawgz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

At first I had doubts about this product because it's so natural so I didnt think it'd 'work' or have any effect on my skin, but this is the best cleanser I have ever used. Other drugstore cleaners have so many chemicals in them and used to leave my face feeling tight and dry afterwards, but Ultrabland leaves it feeling so soft, smooth and moisturised. I wipe it all off with a warm flannel and then use the Skin Drink moisturiser by Lush and my skin has honestly never felt this amazing and healthy. Will definitely be repurchasing, I never want to use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Molleeeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

What an amazing cleanser. Everyone needs a natural oil based cleanser in their lives. This is perfect as it would work for all skin types ( don't be put off if you are oily or acne prone like me ! ) And is one of the only natural oil based cleansers for a decent price. All I do is rub this onto a full face of make up at night, get right into the lashes and lash line, then use a flannel to remove. You should also do this twice ( first cleanse to remove make up, second to actually cleanse skin ). Yes it will leave a slight oil residue but it's all good oils and nothing a decent toner can't fix. It has brilliant ingredients for the price and consists mostly of beeswax, no horrible cheap chemically oils, for £7 for a small pot and £11 for a big one. This has really improved my terrible spotty skin, and once I discovered this I changed my entire skin routine and now my skin is awesome. Anyway, if you are thinking about buying this I say go for it!! Perfect every day cleanser especially if you want good quality without a ridiculous price tag!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by giraffe4994

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot rave about this product enough!
I am an esthetician (studying in school still), and just to give you an idea, my skin is pretty complicated. It's acne prone, but definitely less acne prone since I'm no longer in my teenage years. 99% of my breakouts are hormonal, and I hardly ever breakout on my forehead, I usually only breakout on my chin and lower cheek area. My skin is also asphyxiated, and to explain it simply I have a lot of clogged pores and blackheads, a lot of characteristics of oily skin (enlarged pores, blackheads, pustules) but my skin physically feels tight and looks and feels dry.
To put it even more simply, it's dry on top, oily underneath. Obviously, this makes it really hard to find good products that can work and balance out my skin, products that don't exacerbate the problem and products that can actually break through my complex skin- but this stuff is IT. HG status absolutely.
The smell is..well, bland as the name would indicate. There's no fragrance or colour or anything unnecessary added to this which makes me feel good.
The texture is obviously a cleansing balm, so it's super duper thick and moisturizing, my skin has never felt so plump and has never looked so glowing and healthy. I find it sooooo luxurious to use, I just love rubbing it in, which is great because now I actually take the time to rub it in for a good minute or so.
I love how well it takes off and breaks down makeup, even waterproof mascara comes right off because of the beeswax in it, and breaks down even the heaviest foundation I sometimes wear (Estee Lauder Double Wear)
I absolutely LOVE that it contains natural honey, which is not only a great moisturizer but also has fantastic anti-bacterial properties to help with my breakouts. I definitely notice that this is a great deep cleanser. A lot of my clogged pores and blackheads, especially on my nose and chin, have come loose and have been washed away.
I've only been using this cleanser for about 2 and a half weeks but I already notice the biggest difference in the way my skin looks and feels, it is such an improvement.
If you think you might have skin similar to mine I would 100% recommend this to you to at least try and sample it. Lush is fantastic with their samples, I find.

How I use it:
I usually only wash my skin when I get home for the day, not in the morning, but this is how I use it.

While my makeup is still on and my face is dry, I will grab about half a grape size amount and work it all around my face. I just take the time to rub it in well and enjoy it, I find this is so luxurious, I just love to use it.

After I have rubbed it in for about a minute or so (sometimes I lose track of time because I just enjoy using it that much), I take 2 cellulose sponges and wet them with lukewarm water, and then I just wipe all of the product and leftover makeup off, starting from the center of my neck, moving outwards, and slowly moving up my face all the way to my forehead. (You NEED to wipe this off with either sponges, a face cloth, or cotton pads. You cannot just rinse this cleanser off, it doesn't remove that way, therefore this cleanser can be a bit more time consuming than a regular face cleansing gel or cream.)

After that is done, I wet my face with lukewarm water, take about the same size amount of ultrabland as before and work it into my face again, just to make sure my face is fully cleansed of makeup and debris. After rubbing it in again for about a minute, I grab my cellulose sponges, I quickly clean them with Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap (I like the Almond one or the Tea Tree) and then I run them over my face again in the same way as before, neck up and outwards, and I'm done with the cleansing process! I wash my sponges again with Dr. Bronner's and leave them to dry overnight.

After I'm finished, I spray my face with Lush's Breath of Fresh Air toner and then moisturize with Lush's Celestial moisturizer.

**Lush in no way payed me to write this and I have no affiliation with Lush whatsoever even though it kinda sounds like I do. They probably don't even know I'm writing this, I seriously just find Lush's skincare products work best for my skin**

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No