April 23, 2014 | 1383 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Chili

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

I purchased this when autumn came because I wanted something different to red but with the same effect. I was so pleased I came across chili. It's a really dark red with browny undertones, it looks red in photos but in person you can see the deepness of it more.
It's a really sexy colour and looks great with natural eyes or smoky eyes as I find bright red can sometimes look too much with a smoky eye but for some reason this works well with it.
I instantly feel good when I apply this no matter what my mood.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2012 3:55:00 AM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a really really gorgeous red. It's a bit dark so it is much easier to pull off on a daily basis than a loud bright red. This looks exactly like the red that Kate Winslet wears in Titanic and it is GORGEOUS. It is a matte and it is actually not drying at all, very wearable. Great red =)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I searched this randomly and FELL IN LOVE! why have I never heard of this color. I love reds and have been looking for a casual, workable orange red. Usually all orange reds can be so clownish and bright. This was such a surprise. It really is like paprika. And for being a MATTE , its not drying!. I'm nc45 dark black hair and its perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Dyane78

Chili is a perfect orange-red for yellow undertones, not so much olive undertones. I have olive skin...and its a bit too orange. HOWEVER, if you apply the MAC lipglass in Shock-O-Late over it -- it will neutralize and tone down the orange to make it perfect for my skin. Brown is a neutral color and red-browns look good on everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2012 12:32:00 PM More reviews by saffy89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For me Chilli is a classic. It's new to me but I've worn it lots already. It's becoming an everyday lippy. Perfect if you want a red with no blue undertones. If you are looking for scarlet, post box london bus red then you will probably be dissatisfied with this this Chilli lipstick. But if you want an orangey red lipstick then I would recommend it. It's warm, not too flashy and harsh. Instead it is warm and soft. I'm an NC30-35 honey (benefit) with yellow undertones. :)
x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a freckled redhead with brown eyes and warm ivory skintones (NW15). I'm also obsessed with red lipsticks. This is a very wearable red for day, and great for warm skintones. I don't see this color working well for cooler-toned ladies. It is a paprika-red: a muted, brownish brick red with *lots* of orange. It is a nice matte finish, and has great staying power, like all MAC lipsticks. I agree with whoever called this an "autumn red." I love this color and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by pixairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's a little too orange for me on its own, but let me say I think this would be THE orange for me if I liked wearing a bright orange. Don't go thinking it's too garish. When Chili is paired with Auburn l/l it's a total 1940's red on me, which I never thought would be as wearable as it is. This combo is great for summer, especially with the whole nautical look. I also pair it with Cork to take it down a notch and make it an everyday red.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 4:20:00 AM More reviews by aliceayres

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite red EVER. Perfect for my NC25-NC30 skin tone. I line with Brick. Easily my favorite lip look. Universally flattering shade. Just watch out- it is matte, so make sure your lips are exfoliated before and after.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

i love this color because it makes me look like the old glamour hollywood Marilyn Monroe. the color itself is on the darker hue of red but it gives off this bad girl vibe when i put it on and its not too dramatic that it can be worn anywhere. i never really felt comfortable wearing the brighter reds since i always feel so pale underneath it but this color is perfect with my yellow tinted skin! Great for evenings out and just days out and about !

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sabgarcia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to make this color work on me, but it just didn't go well with my skin tone. I still use it sometimes by rubbing lots of Vaseline over my lips and then applying the lipstick really lightly for a subtle red color, but using it as a dramatic red color doesn't work on me. Will be looking for a different go-to red lipstick...