MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

on 5/2/2014 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Love!! I have spent a small fortune trying to find the perfect red/brown lipstick and failed until I found this. My favorite red!! A wonderful matte, yet not drying!!

While i adore mac's matte lipsticks, chilli probably would be the matte lipstick i'll reach for last. It is a toned down version of lady danger and has a bit more brown in it. When i wear this color, it makes me look more mature.
Other than that, the formula, texture and longevity as like all MAC's matte lipsticks is completely fine.
Chili would however be more wearable due to the brown hue it contains and i'm sure it would look great on others although for me, ( i'm an NC20), it just doesn't look as flattering as I had imagined it would have hence the 2 stars I give.

on 12/10/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my 'true red'. On me it doesn't look overtly orange or brown toned like I've seen it described. I'm an NC-15/occasional NC-10 on the MAC skintone spectrum with a visible yellow undertone in my skin. Blue-toned reds are disgusting on me and make me look like a four-year-old who got into her mother's makeup bag. I find that Chili is the perfect red because it has a yellow undertone and not a blue one. It's a little more sophisticated than a straight-up cherry red color, and it has a sort of retro look. I wear a lot of pinup-style makeup and it's well suited to that.

As with all matte lipsticks, it isn't moisturizing, but that's not an issue for me because I prefer the matte look. I don't find this to be noticeably drying.

on 11/3/2013 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This looks stunning on me. I have over 100 lippies and my mom, who is used to me having a different color on everyday, said it looks awesome.. Idk why or how but this lippie also makes my teeth look white.

NC 15/NW20

on 10/24/2013 6:54:00 AM

The pictures portrayed here are very accurate. I bought this thinking it would be more chili red. it is only on the borderline of red in my opinion, more of a warm brown with a toe in a red pool :) It is very flattering looks great with natural and earthy tones, all rusts, olives, camels, etc. Very flattering and day appropriate! Also, the matte look is so chic in my opinion.

Mac's matte formula is my favorite on the market, not as super dry as Illamasqua or Nars, very nice look, but you will need moisturizing before and after if like my lips yours are easily chapped.

on 7/28/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not to bold not to dull... Not my fav red lipstick but I love it...

on 4/9/2013 4:42:00 AM

the best red lipstick shade ever...its such a pretty red...finally i've found my red!!!

on 4/5/2013 10:50:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! This is the perfect ORANGEY-RED lipstick- which leans alot more warmer. I love it so much. I have used this many times and people always ask what I am wearing. I love this, its long-lasting and non-drying. For reference I am NC30 with yellow undertones.

on 3/18/2013 7:00:00 AM

Such a sexy red lipstick, a brick red.
This is so beautiful on me, I get lots of compliments. It's a retro red in my opinion, very opaque and very long lasting. I love matte lipsticks, this doesn't dry out my lips what so ever.

on 3/7/2013 8:23:00 PM

This is in my top three lipsticks - I love Chili. I read that Rachel Zoe wears this color as well, so I decided to give it a shot. My Macy's counter didn't carry it, but Nordstrom did. It's the most amazing medium warm brown red. It's a color that reminds me of spices - vibrant and earthy. I love the matte texture as well, and prefer my reds to be matte, because the product doesn't travel as much and end up all over my face. Chili wears really well when I pair it with a liner (MAC Red Enriched is my go-to) and doesn't exaggerate drier lips, like some mattes can. NC20s, this is your red!

Recommended for Medium Skin