MAC Matte - Chili

4.6

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm fair wheatish skin toned Indian. I have tried various reds in the quest for finding my perfect red for all occasions and all day or night wear. I splurged on estee lauder and guerlain and lancome and revlon.. but it's at MAC I found my perfect red. MAC CHILLI. on me it looks understated, almost natural. And its not drying. It makes my face look brighter and teeth whiter than they are. What a gorgeous shade. And it looks good in the handbag as The Shade.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Love!! I have spent a small fortune trying to find the perfect red/brown lipstick and failed until I found this. My favorite red!! A wonderful matte, yet not drying!!

While i adore mac's matte lipsticks, chilli probably would be the matte lipstick i'll reach for last. It is a toned down version of lady danger and has a bit more brown in it. When i wear this color, it makes me look more mature.
Other than that, the formula, texture and longevity as like all MAC's matte lipsticks is completely fine.
Chili would however be more wearable due to the brown hue it contains and i'm sure it would look great on others although for me, ( i'm an NC20), it just doesn't look as flattering as I had imagined it would have hence the 2 stars I give.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is my 'true red'. On me it doesn't look overtly orange or brown toned like I've seen it described. I'm an NC-15/occasional NC-10 on the MAC skintone spectrum with a visible yellow undertone in my skin. Blue-toned reds are disgusting on me and make me look like a four-year-old who got into her mother's makeup bag. I find that Chili is the perfect red because it has a yellow undertone and not a blue one. It's a little more sophisticated than a straight-up cherry red color, and it has a sort of retro look. I wear a lot of pinup-style makeup and it's well suited to that.

As with all matte lipsticks, it isn't moisturizing, but that's not an issue for me because I prefer the matte look. I don't find this to be noticeably drying.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This looks stunning on me. I have over 100 lippies and my mom, who is used to me having a different color on everyday, said it looks awesome.. Idk why or how but this lippie also makes my teeth look white.

NC 15/NW20

The pictures portrayed here are very accurate. I bought this thinking it would be more chili red. it is only on the borderline of red in my opinion, more of a warm brown with a toe in a red pool :) It is very flattering looks great with natural and earthy tones, all rusts, olives, camels, etc. Very flattering and day appropriate! Also, the matte look is so chic in my opinion.

Mac's matte formula is my favorite on the market, not as super dry as Illamasqua or Nars, very nice look, but you will need moisturizing before and after if like my lips yours are easily chapped.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Not to bold not to dull... Not my fav red lipstick but I love it...

the best red lipstick shade ever...its such a pretty red...finally i've found my red!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! This is the perfect ORANGEY-RED lipstick- which leans alot more warmer. I love it so much. I have used this many times and people always ask what I am wearing. I love this, its long-lasting and non-drying. For reference I am NC30 with yellow undertones.

Such a sexy red lipstick, a brick red.
This is so beautiful on me, I get lots of compliments. It's a retro red in my opinion, very opaque and very long lasting. I love matte lipsticks, this doesn't dry out my lips what so ever.

Recommended for Medium Skin