Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil

INGREDIENTS: mineral oil, cetyl octanoate, PEG-10 isostearate, cyclomethicone, PEG-12 diisostearate, water, PEG-8 diisostearate, phenyl trimethicone, isostearic acid, alcohol denatured, tocopherol, fragrance.

on 1/29/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin type: sensitive, oily, dehydrated, clog-prone. By dehydrated I mean oily skin that lacks water (not oil) or doesn't retain water well.
My skin gets dried out very easily, and this stripped it in one use. I used it one night and woke up to very dehydrated skin with irritation bumps (tiny red bumps) everywhere. Please don't forget to patch test first.

on 1/25/2013 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had tried this product as a readily available alternative to the Tatcha Camellia Oil Cleanser and was impressed so far. Both formulations are applied and massaged on to dry skin and rinsed off with warm water thus removing even waterproof makeup in a pinch. The only difference is the price point. The Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing Oil is slightly cheaper ($33 CDN) than the Tatcha brand ($48 USD) for a eeriely similar product. Please keep in mind, a little goes a long way so a single pump (quarter sized) of the oil is sufficient to remove your warpaint at the end of the day, Otherwise, you will be left with the tight, uncomfortable feeling that is usually associated with over cleansing your facial skin. Will purchase again.

on 11/30/2012 2:55:00 PM

product works great! cleans off all the stubborn waterproof makeup and does not cause breakouts. It feels good cleaning all the junk from my skin every day.

this is my must-have for my double cleansing routine.

on 11/29/2012 8:23:00 PM

I really like this cleansing oil I have tried Shu,Josie, and now this and I like this one a lot. I have switched to oil cleansers due to how much Retin-A dries out my skin now that the weather is colder here in NY. I have also read they are good for your skin and keep it in better condition. I love the way this removes makeup and it emulsifies really nicely. I use this then I use a rose witch hazel toner. I then either apply my retin or if I am skipping a night I apply my Apple Baviphat and TonyMoly which really hydrate and clean my pores. I notice with the oil cleanser my skin feels better and firmer it hasn't made my pores bigger or made me break out.

I make sure to wash around my hairline so as not to break out there but this doesn't seem to hang on it rinses really clean as evident by nothing on my cotton ball when I tone. My pores are smaller and my skin looks more toned and even. I am not getting so red anymore either which is wonderful with the winter weather. This is good stuff and rinses clean. I think it would work well with many skin types. I'm oily but not super bad more combo and it works great. I think it would even oil out on your face actually. Plus this is one of the more reasonably priced oils which means I would repurchase.

on 11/11/2012 10:45:00 PM

on purposely buy this cleansing oil to wash water-proof sunscreen off. it does its job to wash sunscreen off.

but i have a complain on the packing. it leaks even turn the head to the lock side. and it has been spilling every-time on road trip or on flight. have to double pack it from leaking to my bag. it get so messy with its oily product nature.

i will still buy this, but i am de-potting it into muji 50ml containers. so much easier and pleasant to apply now.

on 8/5/2012 4:21:00 AM

I've used a few oil-based cleansers before trying this one - Shu Uemura and Origins are the ones we all recognise. The Origins one is good, but not great. The Shu Uemura is good but expensive.
The Shiseido one seems to be the best of both worlds. The smell is light and fresh, the texture is more fluid than the Origins, and seems to get deeper into the skin. It melts my favourite bullet-proof Korean BB cream away like nothing else. Long wear mascara is no trouble for it either.
It comes off easily enough with a little water, I massage the lotion it makes to really give my skin a treatment.
My usually oily skin is still oily, but less so, and the nasty dry patches on my cheeks haven't reappeared and pores are less visible. I need less brightening products and masks with this, as my skin doesn't get that dullness we're all familiar with anymore.
Its very economical, I use two pumps a day, and I think it'll last a year (there's approx 20% left and I've been using it 9-10 months already). I do use a wash-off cleanser in the shower; this one is reserved exclusively for getting make-up off. Unlike some girls, I don't double-cleanse, my skin is squeaky clean and moisturised and doesn't need it.
I'd recommend it without hesitation

on 8/4/2012 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

For me, all cleansing oils work the same. I don't have a problem with breaking out, so I use Shiseidos, Fancl & DHC interchangeably. The reasons that I like this one a bit more than the others though is because 1) I can get it locally & dont have to buy it online, 2) It has a nice pleasant smell (DHCs stinks), The one con i can think about is the pump. it sprays everywhere. Also, Its more expensive than other oils. Overall though, this is a nice cleansing oil that gets the job done.

on 7/9/2012 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Instant change in my complexion! I have been battling super sensitive, oily and acne prone skin for the last 2 years.. The meds prescribed by the derms were always way too harsh and seemed to make everything worse..
This calmed my skin down immediately and now after 2 weeks my pores are clean and my face no longer oily AND i break out less.
I love it!

on 6/29/2012 12:27:00 AM

I used Origins oily cleanser until I had an ugly bout with Perioral Dermatitis. If you've had it, you know that you have to be very careful what you use or it can re-flare. I couldn't use the Origins anymore, so with a broken heart, I picked of a (EXPENSIVE) bottle of Shiseido's.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product! I only need one pump and it takes everything off - including my gel eyeliner, sunscreen and waterproof mascara. I massage the oil on to my dry face for a couple of minutes, add some water to emulsify it (it turns white) then massage a minute more, rinse well, then follow with a foaming cleanser.

I can't believe I like this better than my (formerly) beloved Origins. I enjoy the light feel of the oil and find the smell rather nice. My skin has become redness-prone since the POD and this doesn't irritate it. My skin is very clear as well. I bought my bottle 6 months ago and still have 1/3 bottle left - as I mentioned, I only need one pump to remove everything except stage make-up; then I use two. It's been a great investment!

on 5/1/2012 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

**UPDATE**
I'm a little weary of the mineral oil found in this. I'm guilty for not checking the ingredient list. But it seems to be okay, if I start acting up I'll stop using it. It still performs great though.

Haven't totally read the entire ingredient list, but so far I really like it. Removes my foundation (MAC, Estee Lauder, Stila & Shiseido are the ones i've removed with this) and it works great. It doesn't remove eyeliner (especially gel) as easily as I'd hope it would (along with mascara) but it does an okay job. It's not too heavily perfumed, just a light clean scent and is great in facial massage at night. Will probably purchase. Oh, and it hasn't broken me out! The only con is that it's kind of expensive and I could probably make a DIY homemade version on buy an alternative that works as well.