September 19, 2014 | 1606 users online

Cleansers - Shiseido - Ultimate Cleansing Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by swtxdreams

product works great! cleans off all the stubborn waterproof makeup and does not cause breakouts. It feels good cleaning all the junk from my skin every day.

this is my must-have for my double cleansing routine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this cleansing oil I have tried Shu,Josie, and now this and I like this one a lot. I have switched to oil cleansers due to how much Retin-A dries out my skin now that the weather is colder here in NY. I have also read they are good for your skin and keep it in better condition. I love the way this removes makeup and it emulsifies really nicely. I use this then I use a rose witch hazel toner. I then either apply my retin or if I am skipping a night I apply my Apple Baviphat and TonyMoly which really hydrate and clean my pores. I notice with the oil cleanser my skin feels better and firmer it hasn't made my pores bigger or made me break out.

I make sure to wash around my hairline so as not to break out there but this doesn't seem to hang on it rinses really clean as evident by nothing on my cotton ball when I tone. My pores are smaller and my skin looks more toned and even. I am not getting so red anymore either which is wonderful with the winter weather. This is good stuff and rinses clean. I think it would work well with many skin types. I'm oily but not super bad more combo and it works great. I think it would even oil out on your face actually. Plus this is one of the more reasonably priced oils which means I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2012 10:45:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyhehe

on purposely buy this cleansing oil to wash water-proof sunscreen off. it does its job to wash sunscreen off.

but i have a complain on the packing. it leaks even turn the head to the lock side. and it has been spilling every-time on road trip or on flight. have to double pack it from leaking to my bag. it get so messy with its oily product nature.

i will still buy this, but i am de-potting it into muji 50ml containers. so much easier and pleasant to apply now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Sambrookd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've used a few oil-based cleansers before trying this one - Shu Uemura and Origins are the ones we all recognise. The Origins one is good, but not great. The Shu Uemura is good but expensive.
The Shiseido one seems to be the best of both worlds. The smell is light and fresh, the texture is more fluid than the Origins, and seems to get deeper into the skin. It melts my favourite bullet-proof Korean BB cream away like nothing else. Long wear mascara is no trouble for it either.
It comes off easily enough with a little water, I massage the lotion it makes to really give my skin a treatment.
My usually oily skin is still oily, but less so, and the nasty dry patches on my cheeks haven't reappeared and pores are less visible. I need less brightening products and masks with this, as my skin doesn't get that dullness we're all familiar with anymore.
Its very economical, I use two pumps a day, and I think it'll last a year (there's approx 20% left and I've been using it 9-10 months already). I do use a wash-off cleanser in the shower; this one is reserved exclusively for getting make-up off. Unlike some girls, I don't double-cleanse, my skin is squeaky clean and moisturised and doesn't need it.
I'd recommend it without hesitation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by teeheehee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me, all cleansing oils work the same. I don't have a problem with breaking out, so I use Shiseidos, Fancl & DHC interchangeably. The reasons that I like this one a bit more than the others though is because 1) I can get it locally & dont have to buy it online, 2) It has a nice pleasant smell (DHCs stinks), The one con i can think about is the pump. it sprays everywhere. Also, Its more expensive than other oils. Overall though, this is a nice cleansing oil that gets the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2012 11:36:00 AM More reviews by FrankieLane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Instant change in my complexion! I have been battling super sensitive, oily and acne prone skin for the last 2 years.. The meds prescribed by the derms were always way too harsh and seemed to make everything worse..
This calmed my skin down immediately and now after 2 weeks my pores are clean and my face no longer oily AND i break out less.
I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by katlj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used Origins oily cleanser until I had an ugly bout with Perioral Dermatitis. If you've had it, you know that you have to be very careful what you use or it can re-flare. I couldn't use the Origins anymore, so with a broken heart, I picked of a (EXPENSIVE) bottle of Shiseido's.

I was very pleasantly surprised by this product! I only need one pump and it takes everything off - including my gel eyeliner, sunscreen and waterproof mascara. I massage the oil on to my dry face for a couple of minutes, add some water to emulsify it (it turns white) then massage a minute more, rinse well, then follow with a foaming cleanser.

I can't believe I like this better than my (formerly) beloved Origins. I enjoy the light feel of the oil and find the smell rather nice. My skin has become redness-prone since the POD and this doesn't irritate it. My skin is very clear as well. I bought my bottle 6 months ago and still have 1/3 bottle left - as I mentioned, I only need one pump to remove everything except stage make-up; then I use two. It's been a great investment!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 1:13:00 AM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

**UPDATE**
I'm a little weary of the mineral oil found in this. I'm guilty for not checking the ingredient list. But it seems to be okay, if I start acting up I'll stop using it. It still performs great though.

Haven't totally read the entire ingredient list, but so far I really like it. Removes my foundation (MAC, Estee Lauder, Stila & Shiseido are the ones i've removed with this) and it works great. It doesn't remove eyeliner (especially gel) as easily as I'd hope it would (along with mascara) but it does an okay job. It's not too heavily perfumed, just a light clean scent and is great in facial massage at night. Will probably purchase. Oh, and it hasn't broken me out! The only con is that it's kind of expensive and I could probably make a DIY homemade version on buy an alternative that works as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ilovelomos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm on the fence with this one. I like it a lot, but I am not completely satisfied if you know what I mean. Maybe I just have high standards for an oil cleanser, but there's something about this that just doesn't satisfy me.
If you're new to cleansing oils, this is a good place to start, because this product has non-occlusive ingredients. Apply this on a dry face, rub it around gently, and rinse off. Double cleanse after. I think this is a must. Asian women prioritize double-cleansing, and they usually have good skin.
If you're using a budge-proof sunscreen from Shiseido, use this in conjunction with it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by LisandBobbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the first cleansing oil that I have ever tried. I have combination skin that is acne-prone and I wear water-resistant sunscreen everyday. I noticed my skin starting to get a lot of blemishes, and I believe it is because I was not properly removing my sunscreen each night. I tried this cleanser last night and LOVED it! My face felt soft,not at all oily and all traces of makeup were removed. So far, really impressed and will update once I have used it for a week or so longer. Also, like another reviewer stated, the downside of the bottle is that you can't see how much product is left in it. But, the bottle is a nice pearly white color and has a clean appearance.