October 1, 2014 | 1158 users online

Body Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sugar Cane Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by abrad1967

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Great scrub. Exfoliates well and leaves skin so soft and smooth. The granules are bigger than I would prefer so should be careful not to scrub/rub too hard. This should be kept in a dry place because it can develop mold around and in the jar. Reasonably priced. Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by retinoids

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Decided to try this for my very dry winter skin recently. Worked great as an exfoliator and moisturized wonderfully. It also smells "like dessert" according to my husband. He walked into the room to smell my arm about every 5 minutes the first time I tried it. I am sold and will continue to buy. Saves me a step, too, as I don't need lotion after this, even in dry climates. It was a bit "expensive" for my cheap tastes hehe, but at 11-13$, I think it will last me about a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 3:17:00 PM More reviews by hulagrrl83

I absolutely love this scrub. it smells good, exfoliated well, and is not too harsh on sensitive skin. Sometimes I prefer sugar over salt scrubs because it is a little more gentle. Before this i used BBW's true blue spa need a margarita scrub which was no where near as good as this one and a lot more expensive. Overall a great product at a very reasonable price and I like the fact that the Alba line is natural and mostly organic too!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by jules_23

This a really nice body scrub. It's very scrubby, very moisturising, and it smells very yummy!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 9:52:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

nothing special. yes it smells great, but it isnt as SCRUBBY as i'd like, and though mine didnt rot like another reviewer's, the sides of the lid, inside, got disgusting and mouldy and scummy in the shower. it also leaves an oily film on skin (negates the need for moisturizer which is a plus). it seems to be discountinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ForgetfulDebbie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is just about the only retail scrub I've come across that is reasonably priced and a joy to use. I love the fact that it exfoliates two ways - physically and with enzymes (from extracts). AND, the fragrance is just scrumptious. It seems to be getting more and more difficult to find, though. PLEEZ Alba, do NOT discontinue this gem of a scrub...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:17:00 PM More reviews by cynthea

i love this scrub! its not too oily- you wont find a layer or oil sitting on top, its gentle to use everyday, its mainly organic- 94%, and it smells great- like sugar cane and honey. i got mine for 12 usd at an organic food store and it comes in a large 10 oz tub.
ingredients- sunflower oil, organic sugar cane juice, silica, kukui nut and macadamia nut oils, honey, vit. e, and botanical fragrance

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by RatherBNaked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This scrub is different than most of the scrubs that I get from my favorite etailers, but I really do love it. I think what makes it especially good is that it's not just a scrub that exfoliates physically - like with sugar or salt, although it is scrubby - but it also uses sugar cane extract, which I think is an aha. I really like the way it smells too.

I'm a little worried though. I always picked it up at Safeway and/or Whole Foods and I'm having a heck of a time finding it now. I REALLY hope they aren't discontinuing it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2007 6:59:00 PM More reviews by sugarrbebe1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this stuff. The smell is fantastic and I really do like what it does for my skin. I see that some of the reviewers complained that it wasn't "scrubby" enough. Keep in mind that this isn't principally a physical exfoliator. It is the sugar cane extract that does alot of the work and the effect tends to be cumulative. During the summer, I found myself reaching for this every day and really loving it. It's also very moderately priced, which is a big plus.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/28/2007 3:12:00 AM More reviews by elise626

I guess I shouldn't expect tons of exfoliation since it's a body polish, not a scrub, but I don't think it did anything to polish my skin. I wanted to use it to buff up my legs but I don't think it did anything. As for the smell, it's nice and the oily residue didn't bother me either. I just wish the sugar didn't dissolve so quickly and scrubbed more.