December 19, 2014 | 1050 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Quad - Coffee Shop

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by HappyHooker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the money this is a good product I guess. I've used this quad for a week and with two different primers (UDPP and the Laura Mercier e/s primer). The colors are not as pigmented as say the WNW Vanity palette and don't have the staying power even with a primer. If you only use drugstore makeup I'd go for the Vanity palette over this. You get two more shadows, the colors are comparable, they're about the same price and the shadows are just better quality IMO.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Maca01

I love this eyeshadow. The gold color is beautiful and it goes with the two browns in the quad.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

ok i hate to give a lower rating but i really do love the quad, its very pretty & has gorgeous warm shadows. I have extremely pale skin w/ cool under tone so some of the colors are a bit too warm but i still do love the quad, if i was warm complexioned, i would love this even more! but it has so really great shadows. also CG tests on animals so i wont repurchase any CG makeup til they quit (i came into makeup blind to the cruel world of animal testing)
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
CG is widely available in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as Walmart & Target stores. The price & availability will vary slightly depending on your location as well as discounts/sales/coupons but the quads cost around $4-5 which is pretty fair price. Def worth it on a discount.
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
Coffee Shop is a great neutral quad with a spicy copper shadow. With some of their quads, i own like single shadows from CG from Coffee Shop drew me in since its neutral/browns and i cant get enough of them. From left to right, ill describe the shadows-
Dark Brown- this brown is great since its matte. Its a neutral toned dark chocolate shadow that can be used to define outer v or even smudged along lash line for smoky look and dark enough for a liner. I love this since good matte dark browns are a must for most of my looks
Copper/Bronze- this is a great copper/bronze shadow that can add some dimension to looks. its a metallic finish with is great right now for fall but smooth and so nice to add on the outer half of lid or even in the outer v area. Its very pretty
Gold- this is a golden yellow shadow. its almost like Mac Goldmine. its very pretty on the lower lash line to open up the eyes and add some color to neutral look. would be great sheered out for a highlight for darker skin tones. Its very unique, i dont own too many shadows like it. this is the one i have hard time pulling off since im cool toned
White- this is a great matte highlight. its a white/champagne. great for inner corner & tear duct as well as right below the brow bone. its great to have a matte shade to use in a quad since most of the time palettes are always giving us major sparkle
All these shadows can be used together to make a great neutral smoky eye for day or night. i was drawn to the almost metallic shadows. i reach for this quad alot since all the shadows are very nice & i love using the matte shades. Staying power for me with my normal lids which i always prime & typically use a cream base when using my cheaper shadows so these will last around 6-7 hrs which is great. i dont have any problems applying or blending these shadows. no fall out. NIce pigmentation. some are easier than others but overall, very nice quad
=PACKAGING=
CG quads come in the standard hard plastic square compact. The backing is shiny navy blue with a sticker for info/labeling. The front lid is see thru with sticker with shade name & CG logo. The lid snaps close or opens easily. The shadow pans are rectangular placed right beside each other in a row. all 4 are equal sized. alot of shadow in each pan. havent made a dent yet in any. They also include slot with a double ended foam tip applicator which isnt the best but will work in a pinch. The compact isnt the best but so far i havent had a problem w/ them cracking/breaking. nice to take on trips since i can get alot of looks with these 4 shadows. its a good amount of shadow which is nice for the price
Overall, the quad is great esp if you are a fan of neutral shadows like myself. this offers some punch of color. great for all year around but esp now that its fall, ill pull this out more often. I love the different finishes in the shadows and that i have options to make so many looks. Def a great addition to my makeup & love it.
CG QUIT TESTING ON POOR INNOCENT CREATURES THAT CANT TELL YOU TO STOP IF IT HURTS!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by miiiamiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For $4, the two luster gold and copper shades are very pigmented and easy to blend, while the highlighter and the darkest matte brown shade are not as pigmented and a bit harder to blend. The colors are very nice and the pigmentation of the two medium shades are superb for the price, but the packaging is neither attractive nor convenient and the brown and the cream highlighter need multiple layering to really pop out. Would recommend a primer before using and also, most obviously, a better brush than the sponge applicator that should not have come with the product, as it took up more volume that could have been used for the shadows. This was part of an impulse haul, so i didn't find it very special and would therefore not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Gothkenny

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am in love with this palette and used to use it every single day to create a dramatic, yet neutral, eye for school. I've hit pan though on the gold, which is the first time I've hit pan on an eyeshadow EVER. This is an amazingly pigmented quad, and it blends like BUTTER. I love using the gold as a wash, the copper in my crease, and placing the dark brown in my outer v. I can't say I use the highlight much, but I'm not a fan of using highlights on my eyes ever. Overall, this is a must-have in any collection of eyeshadows and if you're a fan of shimmery, gold eye looks, run out and get this NOW!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These colors would work on just about anybody. The quality is good and the price is right. Sometimes I wish CG would update their packaging, but that's a minor quibble. I'd also like to see this is a matte formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ikissenglish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this quad so much!!! I got it about 2 years ago, and it's holding up well, except for the fact the brown cracked and fell out :( anyway, the colors are nicely pigmented and I especially love the gold as a lid color. I LOVE THIS! Go and buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:02:00 PM More reviews by manda19

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was one of the first eyeshadows I've ever bought, and it's amazing! Great for everyday wear, lovely pigmentation and you can dress this up or down with different colour combinations. It's lasted me for over a year and its perfect to wear everyday to school!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mooshrimp

A very nice quad. The colors are vibrant even without a base, but not unwearably bright. The colors are very warm, and are great for a subtle yet dramatic look.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 6:47:00 AM More reviews by scorpiobelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best of all the fabulous CG quads for sure! Mix and match ability is superb, great for sensitive eyes, gorgeous colors, great price tag, blends well,and lasts forever both in the pan and on the eyes! I like the gold and bronzey colors the best, and the matte brown is a great liner! All in all, I've been using CG shadows for about 15 years (half my life! EEEEEEK) and will continue to purchase. I used to be such a snob about drugstore cosmetics, but CG just gets better and better in my opinion! If you want a fresh, exotic, fun and long lasting look/s that wont break the bank, try this one!