September 30, 2014 | 1701 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clean & Clear - Advantage Acne Spot Treatment

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by Sherrywijaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very bad,its cheap,has weird texture,does nothing to me,but smell isnt bad

rated 2 of 5 on 4/21/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by volcaniclungs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used the Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment before, and wanted to try this out. I apply it almost every day on all of my spots, but I don't really see a difference. It's been 3 months and no change. I do remember better results with the Clean & Clear Advantage Mark Treatment, but I'll probably go find another spot treatment. I usually look on Paula's Choice and MUA for reviews and hopefully I'll find a holy grail.

Info on my skin: it's combination (very oily, dry flakes in the morning and sometimes after I shower), and has lots of stubborn, red spots that take really long to get rid of.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Truong

This little tube is a life saver! If I have a new zit on my face in the morning, I just put a little dab on it and it'll reduce in size significantly over the course of the day. Downside is I can't wear makeup over it, but that's alright, because it also reduces the redness of my pimples.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Mittenzzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never really had breakouts in my life, but recently I've been having the worst skin of my life. I decided to give this a try. I apply it in the morning and before bed, and I did notice improvement by the next morning. However, I found that this was most effective with whiteheads, not the angrier, larger and redder bumps on my face, which haven't responded to the treatment (it's been a week since I tried applying this to these bumps). I'm going to try to lay off the treatment on these kinds of pimples for a bit and see if they heal faster without the treatment. In fact, I think this actually caused more pimples around the area where I tried to use it on a big red zit. So that's annoying. It's really good for smaller bumps and whiteheads though, it's less red and smaller the next day. I'd repurchase just for this reason. But for bigger zits, this hasn't worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Ccwhateva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought the Target/up&up brand version of this. -it says "compare to clean and clear advantage spot treatment..." on it- and I only paid like, $4.00 for it. I thinks this really works. (for me) You just have to be patient with it. I bought it Monday afternoon and am reviewing it on Friday, and have already noticed reduced pimple sizes and drying off. I do have acne-prone skin and i'm so uncomfortable not wearing makeup, but im in the process of clearing my skin up so im just suffering through these ugly days of "purging" (or so i hope). I like to put dabs of this on any surfacing pimples(whiteheads and red bumps) and re-apply it throughout the day. The brand I bought dries clear, which is nice, but it's not a product to wear makeup over, as it tends to flake. I dab a nice blob of it on the area before going to bed too and my pimples have definitely decreased in size. I know It's very hard to resist the urge to pop the surfaced ones but I've come to the conclusion that that's basically the cause of why more acne shows up a couple days later in the same area, it spreads. This week so far I've applied this spot treatment on multiple bumps and still followed my same routine of washing my face and applying moisturizer, and follow with the spot treatment. I've been avoiding any picking and touching and have noticed no extra breaking out or pimples getting worse. While the process is slow, I can tell it's fighting. Inflammation has definitely gone down. If you're not willing to have this on during the day i definitely recommend applying a large blob at night on the spot for consecutive days/nights. You will not see immediate results, (i mean i noticed inflammation had decreased within the next day) but as hard as it is to suffer and feel confident with acne, you just have to give your products time and resist the urge to give up and pick at it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by TwoPointers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Surprised to see this little miracle tube not getting better reviews! Holiday and work stress caused a big red under the skin hurtful sub-pimple to blazen itself on my chin. It was hard not to pick at it because it hurt! My other go to products weren't helping at all. I bought this because it said basically "relief in swelling in 4 hours. " And you know what? It did what it promised! Within 4 hours it was not hurting anymore! Still there but much much smaller and less red 24 hours later and able to be covered up with concealer. My skin is is extremely oily though so it may be that it might be way too harsh if your skin is more normal or dry. I just used it on the big bad zit though and not all over either. So I am happy to say that in my case it did live up to its hype and helped me get through the holiday with one less thing on my mind!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:05:00 PM More reviews by mikee888

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

If you have sensitive skin, this is not the product for you! It stings so badly, and I almost think this contributes to more breakouts! Every time I use this on a spot, a new one pops up! I have no idea why this is the case, and maybe my skin is just weird, but I will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 3:59:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I pride myself on having resilient skin as far as slathering products on it; I almost never get a reaction to products. Generally, the only times when my skin problems flare up are when I am mentally, emotionally, or physically stressed. Often times, the issue is acne, mostly around my mouth and jawline. My skin type is combination-oily, not sensitive, so my morning and evening routines involve light creams and toners with a touch of either turmeric powder, tea tree oil, or sea salt (from light treatment to heavier duty, in this respective order, depending on the severity of the acne). The routine has worked really well since I tried it over a year ago as an on-going treatment for stress acne, but it generally takes at least a week to treat and clear existing acne.

I gave Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment a whirl hoping that it I could use it for very short-notice emergencies. Its active ingredient is salycylic acid, the "natural" acne medication to the chemical-based benzoyl peroxide, so I thought I ran no risks trying this since I've used products with salycylic acid in the past with great results. I heard that benzoyl peroxide could be more effective but dry out skin faster, which I did not want because it causes crazier sebum production and can worsen acne flare-ups. And the product was cheap and came with a generous volume.

I gave the product a try for a week on newly formed acne, used sparingly as directed, and while it did dry out the small amount of skin where applied (even after applying moisturizer), it did not shrink or reduce the appearance of acne. Instead, it made the acne redder, sometimes larger, and if in the case it did not dry out the pimple, it turned it into a white head! By the end of the week I knew that substituting my usual natural acne treatments with this was not a good idea despite the seemingly great value I thought it would be. I returned to my old routine and my skin recovered relatively quickly!

About 2 months later, the stress acne returned again only a few days before Thanksgiving and a corporate event, and I gave Clean & Clear another try hoping it would make miracles happen. Same disappointing results. The three acne spots I had literally worsened overnight: one dried into a thin, dark scab, another became larger and more cystic, and the last one turned into a white head. What. the. #*(&$!(*#

I went back to tea tree oil and turmeric soap this evening, and the results look and feel so much better, even if it will take some time to recover. Clean & Clear products in my experience seem to always worsen my skin condition, and this is the worst of them.

I must note though, that I gave up and handed my tube to my little sister so she could gamble it on her very dry, very acneic teenager skin. I thought it would give even worse results to her too, but ironically it has cleared her acne in 1-2 nights without any problems! Great find for her, considering it's no more than $5 for almost 1oz of what turned out to be her miracle product. As for me, it's become kryptonite. Still hunting for an effective, fast-acting acne spot treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Emmalovescats

I never had a problem with pimples until I was an adult- ironic, right? I currently have a terrible breakout in between my eyebrows and on my forehead. It had been driving me nuts for weeks so of course I eventually just had to pop them and make things 10 times worse for myself. I vaguely remembered using this product a few years ago on the random few spots I got and being pleased with results. In my desperation I ran out and purchased Clean & Clear Advantage Spot Treatment. I actually went to 2 stores because apparently the Rite-Aids around here don't carry it but CVS does? Anyway, I have used it for two days now and either my eyes are fooling me or it works. There were a few spots that immediately came to a head (again!) prior to using this product and now they appear to be flat. It also seems to have helped the redness a bit around the other popped pimples. It isn't perfect but I will take any improvement. I have high hopes for this product. I am hoping with regular use it will prevent breakouts from happening at all.
Oh, I took a lippy away because it is absurdly expensive for the amount you get. I feel like for that price my face shouldn't be red at all! At least it worked better than C&C's other spot treatment...Persa-gel? I think? It was made with benzoyl peroxide which doesn't seem to work as well as the salicylic acid in this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by vegovy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This has been a staple in my skin care for years. Personally salicylic acid is the most effective for my skin and I find that this product really reduces any spots I may get. The only downside is that it is drying (but that's to be expected) so I only apply it at night. I apply this on spots as well as any areas where I feel it is clogged as I find that it helps to clear them. There is an obvious scent but I have come to rather like it. Between this and the Neutrogena Rapid Spot treatment, I must say: Clean&Clear is much better hands down.

From my personal experience this spot treatment is only effective on whiteheads, it is useless for those under the skin cystic pimples (I use tea tree oil on these bad boys).