April 19, 2014 | 1539 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:03:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Rhubarb is a pretty coral-pink, fresh for spring/summer. If you want a little more red instead of pink, look for the new color Cherry. Burt's Bees finally fixed the problem where you couldn't retract the color back in the tube, so there's no reason to not pick up this color (and several more).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by BlueLaTifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

WOW! I've been looking for something like this for several years! It feels and acts just like a lip balm, AND gives your lips a fresh red-ish look at the same time! I'm in love! This is just the perfect product if you're like me and not into lipsticks, but still want some color on your lips.

Wanna try the other colors as well

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I love this lip balm. This shade is great for fair skin and gives lips the right amount of colour. I love the mintiness and smoothness of this balm. I just wish it had some SPF in it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 3:49:00 AM More reviews by rachelmoo

This color of the lip shimmer is very lovely for pale lips. It also provide instant relief with it's mint oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jdlaffitte

This product chaps my lips.

I wear this product all the time, but my lips always chap. The color is great (also the color does not reflect the taste of the product, e.i. the rhubarb lip shimmer does not taste like rhubarb.) I use all the Burt's Bee's lip products and this is the only one that doesn't work great for me. The wear is great and the color really does stay on well. I wish it didn't chap my lips because otherwise I would love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkieforever123

well, first off let me start by saying that this is MY FAVORITE LIP SHIMMER ! i bought this at tjmaxx in a trio that came in a cute little case. it came along with others (champagne and watermelon) . The shade is similar to a burgundy color. it stays on for a long time and i love the smell ! it doesnt have alot of shimmer to it though, but more color than shimmer, its also very moisturizing. when you apply it it gives you a slight minty taste/feeling on your lips. the only reason i didnt give it 5 stars is because it is kinda sticky :/ but other than that this stuff works great

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by caroline_a

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite lipgloss, hands-down. It's moisturizing without being sticky, and the colour is perfect for me. I have pretty red lips without any colour, so I like the slight amount of colour this adds to my lips without being overwhelming. I don't find it tacky/sticky, overly bright, bad tasting, or in a tub (I hate that!), so it covers all my bases.

I also like that it's all-natural and has a nice peppermint-y smell. The only downside to it is that it's kind of annoying package, but I'm willing to live with that. I actually received mine as a gift, so I'm not totally sure of the price, but I would guess that it's around $10, which I consider a decent price to pay for a good lipbalm. Other posters have said that they can only buy it at Sephora, but here in Canada (maybe it is a Canadian company) BB products can be purchased at most grocery/drug stores.

I would also recommend it for people who like Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey. It reminds me of a sheerer, more daytime version of that.

Definitely a lifetime lipbalm product for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has a high density color for a lip balm so I like that but I am not a fan of the menthol smell or the sting it leaves on my lips. The product does get a bit messy in the tube which can make for messy application. Just angle the product and that helps. Overall I am on the fence about this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by mimi75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite products!! I am a super minamalist when it comes to makeup(fragrance is another story: ) I use this as a lipbalm and as my blush! Such a great multitasker. Moisturizing on lips but it doesnt slide around too much. I need to be really careful with my sensitive skin, so many products make my skin react,this one never has. I have repurchased several times and will continue to do so until they stop making it. It looks so very natural and that is so important to me. I cant stand looking made up.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2011 11:48:00 PM More reviews by peggym

I have finally found a product that I've been looking for- natural, moisturizing, not sticky, easy to carry, and great color (rhubarb). I always find lipsticks to dry out my lips and by the second half of the day I notice small flakes on my lips. Glosses for me are too sticky. With Burt's Bees lip shimmer, my lips have not felt dry and I can see the difference in smoothness. The only gripe I have is that it doesn't last long and I have to reapply at least 2 more times during the day. But given its many benefits, I would definitely buy again.