Coty Airspun Fragrance Free Luminous Translucent Loose Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Calcium Silicate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Acetate, Zinc Stearate, Stearyl Acetate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Oleyl Acetate, Propylparaben, Methyldihydrojasmonate, BHT, (May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides)

on 9/21/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this powder. I decided to buy this after seeing a review in youtube. But I got the fragrance free one since I heard that a lot of people dont like the scent in it. I am alllergic to scents anyways so decided to go with the fragrance free one. They only hv the luminous one in fragrance free...i think. I am dark skinned and Indian. This looks beautiful on my skin. When I use mac studiofix plus pwdr it makes my face so greasy after a while. But this one kept my face matte all day. But I have to be careful not to apply too much. I love this so much that I reapply it in the middle of the day...i never reapply or retouch my makeup because i Hate the feeling of makeup on my face. But this feels like nothing. Its best to apply it with a big fluffy brush. I threw away the fluffy sponge it came with. There is a ton of powder in it. They changed the packaging from that acient box to the ones like the covergirl loose powder tins. still there is so much powder packed in there that it will not come off to the lid if u tap on it. u hv to poke ur brush on the tiny holes to get some on it. I think it will be easier to get it out as the powder is used up and there is more free space. I would definitely recommend this for anyone looking for a luminous powder....its cheap and worth more than its price. got mine at my local kmart..hv seen it there before but always ignored it as it is in a separate area from the other makeup brands.

on 8/15/2011 10:37:00 AM

Couldn't find locally (Charlotte, NC), so I ordered online from Walgreens.com. I have the other Coty Airspun powders and do like them. But the fragrance-free luminous Airspun powder is very, very luminous; i.e., way too shiny for this cowgirl to use as face powder. It is as shiny as the Laura Mercier's Shimmer Bloc I use to highlight my cheekbones and my browbones. Whoa !!!! I will add a little of it to other face powders to add a tiny bit of luminosity to them. But by itself, it's a no-go as a face powder.

on 7/12/2011 4:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Coty has had this great retro packaging for years, since before WWII. Although now it has changed from the paper/cardboard package to a plastic jar container. This is a very good powder for dry to combination skin, but the luminousity may be too intense for those with oily skin. Since oily skin magnifies any sheen or shimmer particles in powders, you may want to just use it as a highlighter, but everyone else can use it as a setting powder. It gives me the softest glow- old Hollywood style- without even trying.

on 3/17/2011 10:34:00 AM

I just got this stuff after seeing it for years and then recently hearing good reviews on it. Out of all the powders this one was the lightest which is a plus for me since i'm ghostly pale. The translucent is almost white so it actually matches my skin perfectly. It blends nicely and gives a pretty shimmery look to my face. The only thing is make sure you're skin is moisturized or this stuff will definitely highlight the dryness, as I noticed. The powder even though it's fragrance free does have a tiny amount of scent. It's very "retro" smelling but it's not too bothersome and it's easy to get used to. Much lighter than the original formula. Theres a ton of powder in the jar so I have a feeling this stuff will last a while. Great stuff!

on 1/13/2011 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I was lucky to just get this in a swap, and not pay for it. I used this for the first time today - and all I saw was a majorly frosty mess! However, I did look illuminated! So, my solution to the issue is to mix a small amount of this into my ELF HD powder jar - and I'm hoping to only get a little of this look instead of major frost. I didn't notice a smell - although it is fragrance-free, some say they still smell something. The jar is kind of hard to work with, and not much product comes out of the sifter part, so you have to open the lid and then it gets messy! I'm hoping to get an illuminated look with my setting powder, not so chalky. I'm hoping this does the trick while mixed in with my ELF HD!

on 11/29/2010 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I was sweating this powder from the first time I heard about it on here. Luminous? No glitter? Cheap? Sold! So when I finally got my grubby little fingers on them, I bought 3 cases so I could share the wealth. I was so excited to try this stuff that I did it in the car, puncturing the old container shrink wrap with a pen. I'm not gonna lie, it's SOOOO PALE! Idk how anyone wears this to set foundation because it's also very reflective. It's pretty and great quality for the price but Idk how many people would be able to pull it off. Now I use it as a highlight and will change my review if I necessary. I bought it for $5 at K-Mart.

***Update***
I love this stuff! I finally used it to set my makeup and it's so pretty and glowy, not too shiny and I definitely don't look oily. I can't wait to use it on brides that want a glowy natural look. Be weary if you have darker than a medium skin tone bc it may have a gray-ish cast.

on 10/28/2010 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Coty Airspun in Luminous Translucent is incredible. I do love a glowy finish, even light shimmer (just not visible, crazy glitter chunks; see Hard Candy Moon Glow--ugh!) so this is perfect for me. I'm so pale that the very light powder is the shade of my actual skin, so I can't speak to whether or not it disappears on darker skin tones. But for me, it covers wonderfully and looks great. It's very glowy and very, very finely milled. Another great thing is that it is packed so densely in the newly-revamped packaging that it literally took two weeks of using the powder for the powder to sift around in the lid. It just had nowhere to go before then. The wear is fine. I just wish that it came in a pressed version, too, for my purse. I also wish it didn't smell so bad. It claims to be "fragrance-free" but something in the formula is pungent!

on 10/18/2010 11:26:00 AM

They have changed the packaging on this~! Just FYI...I ordered some off of Walgreen's website (3 tubs along with something else so I could get the free shipping!) and was surprised when I opened the box to find three orange tubs of coty airspun powder. But it does say "luminous" on the back, and the powder is glowy. This stuff is awesome. I'm using it more than my MUFE HD powder now that I have it. LOVE!!!

on 10/18/2010 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

Love this stuff! Would have given 5 lippes but it does have pretty heavy fragrance and the container is a pain. That said....every time I wear this powder I get compliments on my skin. I don't use a lot, just a light brushing of it, but it gives me a slight glow/dewiness that I think we lose as we age. I am light skinned NW20 and am not sure how this would work on darker skin, but for me, it's gorgeous. I got it at K-mart for $6 and change and would definitely buy again. In fact, I might buy an extra in case they discontinue, since it is actually better than any HE product I've used.
UPDATE: Stopped wearing this a few months ago. I liked it and won't change my rating, but several people commented that I looked too "glowy" outdoors. Still have it and might use again for special occasions, but not for every day.

I used this when I was in high school and I have an audition for a tv show this week and wanted something that would give me a flawless finish on camera -- so I bought this to test at home -- suspecting I may have to go to the MAC counter. It's PERFECT! I don't know why I ever deviated from this powder... and to think of all the money I have spent over the last 20 years looking for something "better" -- There is a reason why this has been around since 1935!

I bought it at Wal-Mart for $6.97. THey changed the packaging to a plastic screw top. I love it. It will travel well.