April 19, 2014 | 1901 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - Lip Service Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by alyy9

HG clear lip balm!

PROS:
# definitely cures dry lips and patches, very moisturising don't need alot of product to see a difference!
# fresh citrus scent
# no taste
# 1 little tub would definitely last me nearly a year

CONS:
# consistency is dense and not creamy in the tub, but once warm on skin it is very moisturising.
# $9.95 quiet expensive, but dense consistency = less product usage to see positive effects.

I would keep spares of this if not for the expiration date :) would def. recommend! Other LUSH lip balms aren't as moisturising, honey trap is close, but i def think this lives by its name

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by lovenall

I wanted to like this product, but sadly, I'm disappointed. It is a thick waxy consistency, and some web sites recommend to scratch it with finger nails and melt it on lips wile rubbing it. I used this method and also the regular method (rub it to put the products on my fingers then apply it.) Scratching worked better, but it was messy - under my finger nails? Ewwww. It feels like it has an instant effect on my lips, but surprisingly, it later dried up my lips. It doesn't last. I am going to finish this tub up leave next to my desk. But I'm not getting it again. Oh, it smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by twizzledizzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've bought this several times; a tin lasts me about a year with everyday use (once in the AM). It's a very thick wax that you have to warm up, which can be a pain in the wintertime. I melt it with my fingers before applying. In the summer, I can apply with a lipbrush no problem. Lip Service is great for moisturizing the lips prior to lipstick application. I only apply once a day because I'm too lazy to carry it with me and it's annoying to apply on the go. The tin is not very sanitary. It does keep my lips very moist for hours, and it's one of the few things that prevent my lips from cracking and bleeding in the winter. If only it were cheaper!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So this was my second attempt at a LUSH lip balm since I loved Honey Trap, even if the scent caused issues. I really like Lip Service, it has a creamy feel to it that makes it feel like my dry lips are being healed. I like the smell of this, and no one around me has complained about it. But this also has it's drawbacks. The fact that it came in almost a hard disc within the tin was just odd to me. I had to scrape it off with my nails which didn't seem like the most sanitary thing to do, or literally heat it up, which made it a little too melty. As I wore it down it kind of looked more like a regular lip balm, but it would be nice if it had the same texture as Honey Trap. I will buy this again because it is one of the few lip balms I feel the need to use daily, but I still can't call it my HG. Maybe None of Your Beeswax will be it, I'll probably try that next.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by CanadianPocky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I love this lip balm. I know alot of people find this a really hard lip balm, but the trick is to keep it close to your skin, in a pocket or something. The body heat melts it a little bit and makes it softer. A friend of mine keeps it in her bra, and it melts it to the perfect temperature for usage. It was about $7 CAD, which is reasonable. This lip balm moisturizes so well, which is fantastic because it is a handbag staple. It lasts long and is water resistant. It has this strange smell that I can't really describe but it isn't unpleasant (to me at least). Besides, the smell isn't even that strong. I love LUSH lip balms, and was really pleased with this one. Definitely repurchasing!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the scent of this lip balm - tangerine and shea butter.. However it is very difficult to apply it - its so hard texture! I am using my nail for that, but then its stuck to my nail and have to clean the rest off. Also its fifficult to apply on lips, first its really thick and white, kind of matte and doesnt feel moisturizing at all. Anyways it melts afterwards and there is no more matte finish. Its staying on pretty well and I do not have to reapply it for about an hour or so. I am addicted to lip balms, so far I have my # 1 that I use for years (but they do not sell it in Canada or US) so I wanted to find something that can be easility found here. I am not sure if this will be my #2 - I wish it would have more glossy and silky finish. Another minus, pretty expensive - 7 USD.
Update: It did not moisturize as I thought so, so I returned it. The sales girl said - Oh yeah, these one are really hard.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2012 12:17:00 PM More reviews by beautygal101

I recieved this as a present im my stocking and i was VERY dissapointed by the product. It was so hard I couldn't use it!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Gillybby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I haven't actually been able to properly use this product yet, it's so incredibly hard I haven't been able to get any on my finger to put on. It's tempting to zap the damn thing in the microwave to soften it! Plus there's some weird watery stuff that comes out of the sides.
It's also a shamefully small amount for the price you pay for it. $10 for a teeny tiny tub?

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by hether2783

This is a great lip treatment. The smell is unusual but I really like it, and it is so thick and healing. It really makes my lips smooth. It is hard, as other people have mentioned, and so it can be frustrating to use, especially when it's cold outside. I keep it in my pocket when I can, so that it warms up and gets a little softer and easier to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by QuirkyFashionista

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lip balm would be SO great if it wasn't for the consistency, it's too hard and grainy- the packaging makes this even worse. If it came in stick form, I would consider re-purchasing, as it's really moisturizing and healing.