Sonia Kashuk Pressed Powder Bronzer - Golden

3.4

on 5/25/2008 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Ok - i must say that I'm already dark, so this product was not able to qualify for "HG" status for me, as it's nearly impossible to find a bronzer that would actually change my skin *that* much - it's just not really a necessity for me...more of a fun thing i wanted to try.

color: it's like a sable brownish tan...not glittery at all- the "S" in the middle of the bronzer imparts a golden color that is not shimmery IME, but more of a golden camel color. The other part, the actual brownish color, is more of a dark tan that is hard for me to rate, since it's just about the color of my own skin.

Price: not $$ at all - about 9.99 which - to me - is a bargain for a nice package and presentation, plus a quality powder product.

Packaging: i love the packaging! that might be one huge reason I love this product. It's not the usual white (which i also love) but a golden bronze color and it has a see-through window. The brush that comes with it might be good, but i haven't used it, as i use my own brush/fingers. I love Sonia Kashuk also because my first name is "sonya" and well...i just like the big S! LOL

Texture: not easily "matted" or clumped in the pan, meaning it retains its finish beautifully - i hate when blushes/powders start soaking up oil and look all gross in the pan!

Overall: i love this item. The price is right and it would be a great item for the woman who has fair to medium skin, but as a darker woman, i think it's hard to get *as* much effect. But i do love the sable-golden color it gives me, which the pretty matte finish. It reminds me of the color of a lion's mane :)

on 12/14/2007 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really, really like this bronzer, although I didn't expect to for some reason. It goes on quite light, which lets you layer for the look you want. It adds a healthy, sun kissed kick to my face with out looking brown, orange, muddy or totally fake and made-up. I use my own Apt. 5 brush to apply, not the god awful mini-brush it comes with. Does anyone actually use those things?!

on 10/31/2007 4:54:00 PM

Great price and great product. I have fair skin, and I get just the right amount of colour without looking muddy. After swirling a bronzer brush (not the little brush it comes with), I tap the brush to remove excess and apply.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've never thought of using bronzer because i'm a dark skinned asian but this one actually works on my skin. Its most useful in the winter.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I wasn't sure if this caramel color would be dark enough for my complexion, I have an asian golden tan, but I really like it. There's only about a billion bronzers around, and for $8.99 this is awesome. It adds the perfect amount of color, and more importantly it's not too dark, too gold or too orangey. I suck in my cheeks and dust it along my cheek bones and the bridge of my nose to look sunkissed. I'd take this over the $40 brown powder/bright pink blush bobbi brown compact any day.

on 5/28/2005 4:50:00 AM

This works really well on my PPP skin. True to the name it gives me a nice golden bronze - I even use it on my forehead lightly which I've never done with bronzer before because they were too red or too pink or too orange. So it really does offer a light sun kissed look for super fair me. My only complaint is that I wish it was just a bit more pigmented. But overall I'm really happy with this bronzer - a nice surprise given that it was a rare impulse purchase on the way to the check-out at Target.

on 3/23/2005 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Got this on sale at Target. Love the color, doesn't make me orangey or too dark. I am asian, so my skintone is light/medium and I tan easily without burning. So far, it's great!

on 8/7/2004 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am a huge fan of the Sonya Kashuk line. Once again, another fabulous product. The color of this bronzer is matte golden-tan with tiny gold flecks of shimmer. This product goes on sheer, but can be layered on for a more intense effect. This line has such universal colors that will look good on most people, but I think this is one item in the line that everyone could make work for them one way or another. Especially if your into the tan look.

on 4/13/2004 7:19:00 PM

I like Sonia Kashuk products in general. This is very sheer and a muted caramel color - best for pretty fair skin. It's too subtle and a bit off-tone for my lll/fff skin.

on 4/12/2004 1:53:00 PM

I love this bronzer - very pretty, and just as natural looking as my LM for half the price. It comes packaged with a powder puff, but I use a fluffy brush. Highly recommended.

Popular Bronzers