July 22, 2014 | 1117 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2014 1:39:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Beautiful fuschia shade! It instantly brightens my face and teeth. Definitely a quick 'pick me up' for any day. Stays put and fades well. Cooler toned lippie but great for all year round. I pair this with anything - warm, neutral, or cool tones - and it looks wonderful. Great buy! I'm NC20 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Elle547

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous fun color and a great finish! One of my favorites! While I only wear impassioned in the summer this one feels like a year round color to me. I wear it when I need a winter pick me up! And I wear it often in the spring and summer too. I love a bold lip and will wear some sort of bold color daily. I don't like reserving these colors for night or a special occasion. This is such a must have color in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

This color is phenomenol. The very first day I ever wore it, everyone (including my boyfriend who HATES bright or red lipstick of any kind) said they loved it. All the girls at sephora wanted to know what I was wearing.
This color is a little drying IMO, but the flip side is it STAYS. I wiped it off before I ate, and it still didn't come off all the way... like it stained my lips. Which I didn't mind at all.
The color is a vibrant bright pink... but I feel like this color could work with almost any skin tone. It is very dramatic, but so very pretty. I will def be buying this from now on. For the record im NC20.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Meerahh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Loveee this! Looks great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:52:00 AM More reviews by saarahkb4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is perhaps the most fantastic hot pink lipstick on the market! I am completely serious when I say I can't fathom who this wouldn't look amazing on. It is the most superb Barbie-esque pink ever and it makes my teeth look so white! I will go on with what I like about the product

It applies very smoothly with no patchiness or drying sensation. But it isn't so soft that it bleeds or seems to smudge (Im looking at you YSL RV). I honestly don't wear a lip liner with this because it doesn't bleed, which I am quite paranoid about typically. Like I mentioned before its the perfect cool hot pink which brightens the complexion and whitens the appearance of teeth. It has a glossier finish to it but the pigment is intense. After wearing this all day my lips are lightly stained a sassy darkened fushia which doesn't rub off on my boyfriend when I want to kiss him after getting home from work!

This also wears like a champ! Hours and hours and doesn't smear when I am eating. Serious this lipstick is HG quality and you should have it. You will look like a sassy diva and feel fantastic. If you love a high gloss finish I pair this with MACs Love Alert lip glass. Makes me feel like a drag queen! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My usual go to lipstick colors are light baby pinks (think Pink Plaid, Please Me) and I was getting pretty bored with these shades..I wear Rebel occasionally but I wanted something a little bit brighter. Today my friend gave me a tube of this and I love it! Nicely pigmented and suits my NC30 skin well. Stays on quite well for an amplified shade (I love my matte lipsticks) and leaves a nice stain after. Beautiful!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Makdrizz08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This was my first fuchsia lipstick LOVE from MAC. Such an amazing color. A staple in my lipstick collection. Will be buying it again very soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Angelysabelle

I've always wanted to buy Girl About Town when I saw Beyonce wearing the color. At the time, my mum wouldn't let me wear makeup. I had to wait for years because the shade is not available here in the Philippines. During my recent trip to Chicago, I tried it on and I loved the way it looked on me.

This is a bold lipstick that manages to be wearable. It's bright and bold but very wearable. It's a bold look for day and it's beautiful for a night out. It wears for 6 hours on me. I have no complaints. I wore this when we were visiting Los Angeles and I got complimented a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by EmilyC17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought this lipstick after being recommended it countless times from my Mac girls and I'm not quite sure why it took me so long to pick this color up. I have very pale NC15 skin and it looks so nice on me, not to mention it comes in my favorite finish which is amplified. I feel as though this can be worn year round as it is an intense color but not too bright or dark to only be considered wearable for a season or two

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2013 7:51:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Wow, MUA, you were right, this color does look stunning on me! I am NW20, almost black hair, brown eyes, rosey lips, this color is bold, confident, yet not overpowering or like my lips walk in the room before me. It is a creamy beautiful blue based fuchsia color. The amplified creme formula is amazing. This was much better suited for my skin tone (all year round) than Impassioned (thought that may have worked well in the summer). It is less in your face than a red & more girly than a red, but with just as much strength as a red. If I could find a way to wear this lipstick every day...I would. I feel amazing in it and the lasting power is great.

I almost didn't buy this because I thought my Revlon shade (Fuchsia Shock) was too close to GAT. Now, I hesitate to say "dupe" because rarely are there truly "dupes" out there (there are always hue, quality, feel differences IME which is also true in this case, but they are close), but color wise the Revlon shade is a cheaper version of the color (not the feel). It is good, If you would like a less expensive way to test out the feel of the color on your face. That being said, the Revlon shade is no where up to the creamy, potent standard that MAC Girl About Town is because it has such a sheer finish. Revlon's new "shine" formulas SL lipsticks in Fuchsia Shock is very, very similar in color. If you like that color, you will love GAT. The Revlon shade does not wear as nice or look & feel as luxurious as GAT. I wish I found GAT before Fuchsia Shock, because I would not have bothered with the Revlon shade. I much prefer GAT to Fuschsia Shock.