MAC Amplified Creme - Girl About Town

4.6

on 12/31/2014 8:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I bought this lipstick because of the rave reviews it's gotten, and its supposedly a really popular shade for girls with tanned skin. Well,........

I think this lipstick is highly overrated.

The color, the finish...I just feel like there's nothing special about it - it's a common shade that you can find at any drugstore for a fraction of the cost.

on 12/21/2014 7:30:00 AM

Love this color! It is such a rich vivid pink color on me that brightens up my look. :) staying power is great too.

on 12/8/2014 5:36:00 AM

I adore this. I'm a certified Red Lipstick Fiend and this is the only lipstick that makes me cheat on my red babies. I'm not scared or intimidated by bright colors as my signature look has always been to have the pop of color in my lips, but surprisingly, this is a very wearable shade and you can actually control the "brightness" of it by layering. Feels very comfortable on the lips & leaves a lovely wash of color instead of disappearing/traveling. My only gripe is that the shade makes my teeth look yellow (as per my dentist), but what the heck, that's a small price to pay for something that I genuinely love! Definitely my fave MAC lipstick now!

on 11/12/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I didn't wanna get this cuz im dark NC50 and I don't like anything that's too loud and when I used it over my mac prep & prime it was extra loud but still looked good. Would I repurchase it? No there's a Milani dupe in the same shade. I put them next to each other and couldn't really tell the difference. I like to mix it with my mac dark side though.

I'm not a pink lipstick kind of guy, but Girl About Town caught my eye and I had to get it. The first thing that I noticed was the smell, which is great (it's reminiscent of vanilla frosting). The color makes my teeth look whiter and it brightens up my face. I would recommend this to anyone with cooler toned skin, and make sure moisturise before applying if you do pick this up.

on 10/21/2014 6:37:00 PM

Girl About Town is my first MAC lipstick, I chose it because of the stellar reviews on MUA and it's one of MAC's top-sellers. It's $18 CAD for 0.10oz and an amplified creme finish. I'm NC30 with black hair and a glasses wearer so I'd favour a bold lip over a smokey eye any day. Holy pigmentation Batman, it's a beautiful cool toned fuschia that makes my teeth whiter. I don't need to wear this with a lip liner. I'll swipe a bit of lipstick on my (clean) ring finger and pat it onto my lips to create a base and to prevent fading throughout the day, then apply the lipstick straight from the tube, apply Blistex lip medex with a lip brush on the center of my lips (chronic dry lips syndrome) and perhaps a gloss from Buxom if the mood strikes. I can get through a full nine hour work day with no touch ups or worrying about lipstick being smeared everywhere. Girl About Town adds a little va va voom with little effort. HG status for sure. Dupes include: Revlon sorbet, Covergirl spellbound and Givenchy fuchsia irresistible.

on 9/12/2014 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is my all-time favourite pink lipstick. With my pale olive-ish complexion this colour somehow makes me look more tanned than I am and I always get compliments. It is great on its own and also works well with a gloss (glitter or plain). This lipstick also has the best staying power of any lipstick I've ever used. I can put it on at 7am, go to uni and get home at 6pm, still looking the same without a single touch up! (and yes I eat, and drink etc) The consistency is really good, it doesn't dry or crack while you're wearing it and it goes on really easily straight from the tube, I don't use a lip pencil with it and I don't really feel the need to. It also has a vanilla-ish scent which is lovely (beats the paint smell you sometimes get) absolutely adore this and will be devastated if it ever gets discontinued.
xoxo Miss Skye

on 8/20/2014 7:59:00 PM

Purchased this colour along with some other new MAC lipsticks as was stuck in a lipstick rut of the same three lip colours for the last 3 years! have to say this is a really nice pink, its fun and bubbly, a very girly pink. Think bright and bold without being trashy. Very summery colour, looks great with clear gloss over it. Works even with a dark eye. Recommend.

on 6/24/2014 7:02:00 PM

A perfect pink

nice but can find this color in so many other brands its way too common to pay Mac's prices.

Popular Lipsticks