December 19, 2014 | 1070 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Vichy - Purete Thermale Eye Make-up Remover Sensitive Eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by chuichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh I love this eye makeup remover! It has such a wonderful fragrance and soothes my eyes so much. It also does a very efficient job at removing all traces of eye makeup. It is a bit expensive, but I bought this when it was on offer, so I'll buy this again definitely, but more so if it's on offer! Highly recommended!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 4:49:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

i have to admit when i got the samples i didnt read closely enough so thought this was for the entire face. turns out sometimes ignorance is bliss:) i have highly reactive skin due to a med condition. i have even had allergic reactions to things like new sunglasses etc. because my skin has been unable to tolerate any cleansers i have tried i have been stuck using aveeno foaming cleanser for sensitive skin. it was never great in that i figured something in it might be adding to my redness, but it was all i could use to remove makeup and not have a really nightmarish reaction.

i am very fair skinned (you can see veins on my face), and in the last few yrs prone to a ton of redness. i was given samples of this to try at duane reade and used them once or twice then tossed them aside not seeing much point in using them. but then i read some reviews and realized that cotton pads were key and its true. i either wet some cotton pads and add the remover to them, or just smoosh it on all over my face then wipe my mu off with the dampened cotton rounds. i then rinse it all off with tepid water.

yes i said all over my face and so far after two weeks, still so far so good. in fact having just run out of the samples, i plan on buying a full sized this week. takes off all my makeup, does not dry out my extremely dry skin (i know some have dry skin too, my med condition causes my moisture glands to die off), does not cause further irritation anywhere on my face. i can get off any eye mu without tugging, hugely important. no downside, great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 1:05:00 AM More reviews by simple76

This product is NOT Bad, but I think it's more for lightly make up such as sunscreem. It's general, but it can not move most of my waterproof makeups.And it's price is high ,I cost $26 .I'll definitely NOT buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2009 7:31:00 AM More reviews by MyMajesty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll start by saying that I don't understand the majority of bad reviews as long as this eye remover is really cool.
I am the kind of person that invests very much in skincare products and makeup. I have been using Lancome, Clarins, Chanel, Dior, Clinique (which was my last eye m/u remover) until I decided that I should try smth cheaper. I bought it 'cause it was for sensitive eyes and it claims that it won't irritate because of the high concentration of thermal water. I like it, I really like it and I must admit that I see no difference between this and other eye m/u removers I've used in the past. The only significant difference is in your budget, :-)
I think you should give this a try; it's not the best, but it's not that bad too.
I took a lippie because I am not really used to the idea that I can put this one and Chanel (for eg.) on the same scale. It's not that Chanel is better but ...that's just me, sometimes I'm a big snob. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily217

i love vichy skincare products so i decided to buy this. it's gentle as it claims, i use this when i have my contacts on and it never stings my eyes. only downfall is that it doesn't exactly help with removing your make-up. i probably have to use so much of this product to get rid of my make-up but i still have to use cleansing wipes and a toner to get rid of the make-up. it's quite pricey and not worth your money. unless you're only using eyeliner, i wouldn't suggest you to purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by louvy0401

it's absolutely rubbish. like someone said, it wouldn't work whether it's waterproof or normal mascara you used. i got a free sample and thought it's perfect size to take on holiday and regretted it so much as i was on a remote island and there wasn't anywhere to buy alternative remover!! don't waste your money on this!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by didi123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Its gentle enough for the eyes. But its useless at removing waterproof makeup. I have to keep rubbing and rubbing the cotton pad over my eyes and I still have part of my eye make-up left. If you use long-lasting waterproof make-up like MUFE, this cleanser doesn't work. Please don't waste your money and go get something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/26/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

THANK GOODNESS THIS WAS A FREE SAMPLE! I hate using all caps, but honestly, it is appropriate for this product! This eye makeup remover is useless! Doesn't matter if I use it before or after cleaning my face, whether my mascara is waterproof or not, nothing budges with this. Using plain water would have the same effect. I still think nothing works as well as a $2 tub of Vaseline to remove eye makeup, plus it helps prevent fine lines; but, actually, anything would be better compared to this overpriced bottle of uselessness...

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2008 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

I didnt like it. I had to re-moisten cotton ball many times, wipe my eyes with it forever to remove all the make up and still i woke up with black residue under my eyes next day. Plus it made my skin very dry and feeling tight.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 3:14:00 AM More reviews by nubfish

This is pretty much my HG as far as eye makeup remover goes. It is very light and very gentle. It feels cooling on my eyes and it never stings or dries them out. I really hate oily feeling eyemakeup remover and this does not leave any residue at all. That being said since it is not an oil based product it will not take of waterproof or stubborn makeup - but I don't expect it to. I love the light scent. I also find that I can gently press a facial cotton square with some of this on it to my eyelid wait a short amount of time and then swipe gently at my eye and my makeup comes right off. I don't need to rub or tug at my eyes. Also for how long it lasts I think the price is pretty good.