December 18, 2014 | 1674 users online

Hair Treatments - LUSH - Marilyn Hair Moisturiser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have super thick hair that tends to get a little dry, so this is a great mask to add moisture. I feel that I get more benefit (and money's worth) by applying it at night, and washing it out the next morning. I always have good hair days the day I wash it out! I don't know if it adds any blonde tones, but my hair is shinier than before I used it. It is pretty runny so I have to be really careful when applying. Wish it came in a bottle instead of the tub. It is pricey but not too bad if you use it once a week as a mask.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 11:12:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

MY FAVOURITE LUSH PRODUCT EVER AND ALSO MY FAVOURITE HAIRCARE PRODUCT! I would repurchase this over and over and over again, it does wonders for my damaged, highlighted blonde hair. First time I used it, I got so many compliments for my hair, everyone was asking if I had had it cut or styled at a salon! It really gives salon-washed hair results for me, it looks as if I've paid to have it cut and styled. It makes my split ends look non-existant and really smooths, detangles my hair. The smell is a little weird, not awful though, kinda like lemon and oat/cereal scented..I can't describe it. First, I shampoo with Aussie then condition with Aussie also, then apply Marilyn for as long as possible, usually 1-2 hours however on the container it says you only need 20 minutes, which imo isn't long enough to feel the full benefit. I know it is pricey, but I get 4 applications of this, which is quite good and my hair is 4 inches past my shoulders. To be honest, I wouldn't say it made my hair any blonder/lighter but it makes it look so healthy and light looking, which was what I look for in a conditioner/treatment mask. I keep feeling and touching my hair when I've used it, it feels soooo soft and clean looking! When straightened after using it, it works so well and it actually stays straight all day. Doesn't weigh hair down or make it look greasy like other conditioners. Couldn't recommend this more, it is fabulous.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by JPerky

I've only tried this product with wet hair and honestly it's done an amazing job for the first time ever!
My hair feels softer already and I know when I straighten it, it'll feel amazing!
Price wise, it's a little pricey..but if you use this with another moisturizer and switch them up you'll be fine.
Packaging I LOVE, the little personal touch with seeing who's made your product is really cute and something I like.
I'd buy this product again and try it like I should with dry hair and let you know how it goes :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2011 1:58:00 PM More reviews by radiantflux

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish this and Hair Doctor were both larger because you need *a lot* to cover your whole scalp/hair. I found it really did wonders for my light frizzy blonde hair, and I felt it definitely made my hair healthier. As per the blonde-ing effect- the John Frieda blonde(r) products work better. However, I felt that with my highlights this product changed the tint of my blond--making my hair look overall more natural in color. So its either keep my regular routine of deep conditioners + John Freida blonding products or buy this again. I think it will definitely find its way in my life again, but it would be nice if I could permanently replace two products with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2011 10:29:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

+Great scent
+Hand-made (apparently)
+Nice texture
+Moisturises well

-Can be too heavy, hair gets greasy quickly
-Weighs my hair down
-Pricey
-Instructions are too difficult to follow (you supposed to apply it before shampooing and leave it in for like 10-20 min)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by alyola

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this hair mask is lightens your hair if you go out under direct sun light . i tired it and it really lighten my hair and it's moisturising too ...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 8:01:00 AM More reviews by micaro84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

When I wash the mask out, my hair feels like snotty silk. And I love it! After drying it's still very soft, with a lovely smell. I don't think it does anything for my blonde hair, but I will buy again!

(sorry for the spelling mistakes, English is not my first language)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by gabriellavascocastro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the product for about.. a few months now! I can honestly say at first I saw nothing, and now I see LOTS of difference. I wouldn't use the whole thing on all my hair because I find it wasteful.. so I have made my own recipe.. I wet my own hair first(damp not soaking).. I don't think more product equals more result when using this... then I mix 2 tablespoons of this in a bowl with 1 tbsp of water and 1 tbsp of pure squeezed lemon juice. Then I mix it all over my hair! But I don't leave it in for 20 minutes but rather would leave in for 1 hour to 1.5 hours.. if I'm lazy then only 30 minutes.. but I only leave it in if I go outside! That's the trick!! You put it all over and go in the sun for 30 mins to 1.5 hrs! At first the results were subtle for my light brown hair but now my bf's parents say I am a blonde! If you are a blonde this might make your hair more yellow than a salon would so I would recommend perhaps a blue shampoo to remove brassiness!
To tell you the truth, I find it really works in the sun! And, I would recommend it to anyone who goes in the sun just to lighten hair. It also makes hair SUPER soft, because it is a deep conditioner .. I probably wouldn't use it the same way if you just wanted a deep therapy for your hair. But it is now my HG hair lightener!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by xxanaisxx

I tried this for my hair with a few other LUSH products, and was disappointed in this one. I found that I needed to use quite a lot of product, and since the pot isn't very large (very cute though, love the look of it in the bathroom), it ran out quite quickly - not good when a pot is quite expensive! I couldn't see a noticeable difference in my hair, and it definitely didn't do anything for its blondeness. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

First of all I must say I looooove the smell of this stuff! It's one of my favourite smells!!goooood!
Anyway, this is an excellent moisturizing hair mask, it really does brighten my blonde hair! My poor locks have been through volountary hell: i'm a natural ash blond and have been all my life so in december i started experimenting with different types of blond (golden, platinum, darker with highlights...) AND I had a perm 6 weeks ago! So it really needed help. I stopped using harsh chemicals and now rely on oils and butters and honey and flaxseed gel to strenghen and moisturize it. As of 10 weeks I haven't done anything to my color so I'm using marylin to brighten everything up while giving it some TLC!
Needless to say I love it, my hair is soft and bright after I shampoo it out (I leave it on at least 30 mins- up to 2 hrs)
Have and will buy again!