October 20, 2014 | 2074 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Cetaphil - Cetaphil Theraputic Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2007 11:36:00 AM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This hand cream is AMAZING. I had the worst case of dry, cracked/split, bleeding, chapped hands that looked like they belonged to an 80 year old (and I'm only 25!)... lots of washing, plus the harsh winter makes them look terrible. After my first use of this cream, I immediately saw the difference. It wasn't just masking the problem, it was actually healing it! It's not greasy at all, and you only need a little dab. It sinks right in and moisturizes extremely well. You only need to apply a few times a day - it lasts a very long time, and it never completely goes away. It has made my hands look/feel normal and moisturized again. This is definitely my HG hand cream, I'll never be without it!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2007 9:32:00 PM More reviews by mmadani77

THIS WORKS. it mosturizes hands. it leaves them feeling great, and you only need about a dime size of the lotin to get these results. would repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff works very well to moisturize hands, and it mostly absorbs quickly. However, sometimes I have a hard time opening door knobs right after applying this hand cream. For this reason, I currently prefer Aveeno Intense Relief Hand Cream.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Oleth 12, PEG-2 Stearate, Shea Butter, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Arginine PCA, Chlorhexidine Digluconate.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 6:02:00 PM More reviews by troublebound

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My HG hand cream, soaks in well, works better or as well as any hand cream I've ever tried and the price is acceptable. My mother swears by crabtree and evelyn la source hand cream, it has a super strong fragrance and costs a ton, and its quite oily. This cream works better for less than half the price and no scent. I have tubes of this everywhere! I cannot live without it in the winter! I tend towards eczema on my hands and arms and this has kept it from flaring up since I've been using it, which is a first for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2007 8:24:00 PM More reviews by honeybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i am some kind of germaphobe.
i will wash and sanitize my hands till they are raw.
particularly in between my fingers near the knuckles get VERY dry and will sometimes crack and bleed. this is the absolute ONLY lotion that doesnt make my water burned/dry cracked burning hands hurt even worse.
and i have just about tried every other hand cream out there.
this stuff feels GOOD to put on. almost soothing.
and its the only thing that actually helps heal my hands.
it is truly amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2006 6:56:00 PM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found out about Cetaphil through my friend who is a nurse, she uses this for her daughter who has Excema, I figured if this works for excema this will work for my very dry feet; about a year ago my feet began to become very dry especially after I took a shower, I could peel the skin off my feet, then when I wore my leather shoes it was even worse, I've been so embarassed about my feet I didn't know what to do. I tried every lotion out there that clamied to help skin nothing worked; then like I said my friend who is a nurse showed me the stuff she uses for her daughter... needless to say I'm not scared of my feet no more, I put it on my feet at night before I sleep, this has really been a life saver for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 10:39:00 AM More reviews by elizabeth123

Amazing. I wash my hands so frequently because I am a teacher, and a germ-a-phobe. I have supersensitive skin, and if I use some other lotion my hands are still tight and cracked. However, when I use my cetaphil, people regularly compliment me on how soft and smooth my hands are! This product works wonders. This has a great consistancy, and it absorbs so quickly. It seems like a no-frills product, however, it really is luxorious.

On the other hand, be careful where you buy it. I found it in my supermarket (in the two pack) for less than 7 dollars. In several other places (drugstores, beauty suppliers, even other supermarkets) I've seen it for 18.

Do yourself a favor and buy it. I love all of cetaphil's products. I wish they would make a lip balm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 8:51:00 AM More reviews by fairy_queen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best cream for my eczema-prone hands ever. My dermatologist recommended it, and it really is good - very soothing/moisurizing without being greasy at all. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I just started using this..i can say i see the difference in my hands..I wash my hands very often..thanks to my son :D I have tried tons of hands creams, they seem to work initially but stop after a while..was browsing for a good handcream and this one caught my eye. My right hand esp is very dry..i have been applying this 3-4 times a day. Seems like its working..will update after a while..so far so good :)
Update - My HG hand cream..see a big difference after using this..no flakies so far yay :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 10:22:00 PM More reviews by nancyrd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Recommended by my dermatologist for the eczema on my hands. It completely healed it. Always keep a small tube in my purse.