September 17, 2014 | 1830 users online

Masks - Avene - Instant Soothing Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am disapointed with this product,in fact the serum same line and this mask are a wasting of money and time.I just need it a treatment for my sensitive,dehydrated, irritated skin to use it in winter or when i need emergency help.After i test it so many products over the years,now i start to realise that "soothing" and "calming" are just words and nothing really do the job.
This avene mask gives you a cooling feeling while wearing the mask.After i remove the mask and use also thermal water..i saw i still had redness.Also few hours later in evening and even before bed i still had those red spots on cheeks.
I am very dissapointed becouse i spend so much money on Avene product and 95% of them are really boring ,full of parabens,pegs and other chemical stuff ..and then i can get on less money same boring products on other non expensive brands.Really Avene sells the brand not any decent skin remedy.I wonder if someday Ystheal and Eluage disappear then who will be intersted about this brand?
Very disapointed just 1lipie,dont plan getting this ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by JoliePixel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The only thing this mask as done for my skin is making it itch. I've seen no result whatsoever, my skin is feeling the same as before using it, but itchy. I bought it so I thought that I'd finish the tube anyway, but the last time I used it, I couldnt stand the itch it gave me any longer and wipped it off after 5 minutes.

I must say that I have a ridiculously sensitive skin, so even a drop of parfume can make it turn red/burn/etc, and the cheap floral scent of this mask must be one of the reason why my skin react like this. Definately not for very sensitive skin like myself. I gave it 2 lippies because of the package, I love tube because it's hygienic, and because, at least, I had no breakout using it. Kind of a miracle by itself, but as this mask has done nothing it is supposed to do, I won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 More reviews by amberhippie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product as i often experience redness or dryness on my skin either due to the drying acne treatments i use on my skin or simply due to squeezing out my blackheads. This product is really good because it really helps to soothe my redness and irritation instantly. ( as mentioned by its name) It also helps moisturise away any dry spots or flakings. However, the first times i used it, ( left it on for about half an hour), when i went to wipe off the excess, i found a whitehead ( which became inflamed over the next few days) forming on a part of my cheek where i hardly break out at. Anyway, the mask is labelled as non comodogenic. But i think the inflamed zits was due to the combination of my oily skin and the heavy nature of the mask because on another occasion, the same thing happened. So each time i use it now, i always wash it off completely after 10- 15 mins max. And as long as I make sure i do that, it does perfectly what i want it to do. Overall, a good product but those with oily skins must be sure to wash it off!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by elizium

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this mask for 2 years and I love the effect on my combination dehidrated sensitive skin ))

This mask gives glow, it has super calming effect, it is really soothing and hydrates skin well. I have tried super expensive Chanel, Lancome and Clarins Masks and compared to this one, it's worth!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2010 4:22:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it as a moisturising mask once a week, and it actually does a good job. After using this produce, my skin is smooth and feel very comfortable, and I don't need to apply anything else on my face. I have used Clarins's moisturising mask as well, but that one make me feel a little bit oily. This product does what it supposed to do, and it never make my skin break out. Good product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by emily420

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really good.
My skin is red on my cheeks and nose, i think because of dehydration, and my skin is oily, so i would always try products to dry my skin out because i never knew it was dehydrated, i thought it was JUST oily. so when i found out, that dehydration skin causes oilyness, i started using hydrating products, so i tried this.
and this is excellent. my skin evened out, no more redness, i use it every other night, i love it. my skin is hydrated, and less oily.
the only thing is, is that the instruction say 'apply a thick layer' --you do not have to do that, at all.
and the smell of this is 'professional', i like it.

i love avene.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Just goes to show you dont need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on high end brands to get amazing results!! I must admit i am a bit of a make up snob, and dont use any d/s make up or skincare. My fave skincare line that has worked very well for me has been dior, and i have been using the dior hydraction face mask but although it was good, and definitely the best out of the tons ive tried, it wasnt perfect. I picked this up at boots for 10.99 on a whim, i was just browsing when i saw the avene line, and having never tried it before i was curious. I have combo skin- with oily nose and chin but super dry forehead, eyebrow area and cheeks. This mask is simply amazing. Its thick white. really sinks in, i leave it on for 15 min or so and most has sunk right in by the time i go to wash it off, and after my skin is SO smooth, I have tried so many HE brands of so called hydrating/moisturising masks and none of them have given me such strong results. And the best bit is my face STAYS smooth and hydrated...it doesnt go back to dry after an hour like with most masks...foundation therefore goes on much smoother, my skin looks great. I will be using this mask once a week, every week, it has definitely replaced my dior one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:57:00 PM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

One of the best moisturizing masks I have tried (together with Beaute Pacifique). I often put on a thick layer and massage a bit. Then I leave the rest on and go to bed. In the winter I often mix it with skin recovery cream (also from Avene), to give extra moisture (not on eyes though).

Will I buy this product again? Yup, have done in the past 4 years.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/18/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by amatbm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Clogs pores! Don't like it! When I tried it I felt it was very heavy and it felt like it wouldn't penetrate. It would just skin on top of the skin. Then I checked the ingredients and it has Paraffinum liquid (mineral oil) No wonder it clogs pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by dolce8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this mask,soo soothing and moisturizing,I have dry skin and I fell asleep the other night with mask on,when I woke up,my face was smooth,nothing left to tissue off.
I like it very much and yes deffinitely would buy again./it feel so luxury like thick whipped cream when you put it on.I dont have any redness so I cannot comment on this but I would recomend this mask to everybody with irritated skin.