Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

Avene thermal spring water, mineral oil, stearic acid, caprylic/capric triglyceride, safflower seed oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil PEG-6 esters, triethanolamine, glyceryl stearate, microcrystalline wax, PEG-100 stearate, propylene glycol, caprylic/capric triglycerides, carbomer, disodium EDTA, fragrance*, phenyltrimethicone.
Formerly: Instant Soothing Mask

on 4/12/2014 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this mask after feeling that I needed to treat my skin to more moisture! I applied a thin layer of it on my face after cleansing and a few minutes after application my skin had this very tight uncomfortable feeling. I hated it and was already regretting my purchase. How can a mask that is supposed to be moisturizing make my skin feel so tight and dry? Being so annoyed that I had wasted my money I decided I might as well make the most out of it and slathered on another layer of the product and instantly my skin was receiving the benefits of this mask!

My skin completely transformed! All the redness disappeared, my skin tone appeared more even and most importantly my skin looked plump! I love this mask and use it almost daily. When I use it at night I wait for my skin to absorb all of it, use my usual night cream on top and when I wake up I have amazing plump and evenly toned skin! I never use it on its on. I don't bother washing it off, on dryer days and when my skin needs more tlc I put it on after my shower while I brush my teeth and moisturize my body and after my skin has absorbed most of it I carry on with my usual routine of serum, sunscreen and moisturizer. I use it in the mornings when I feel that my skin is a little dry from my retinol-A night time routine before I shower. I love this mask my perfect pick me up!

on 3/31/2014 12:25:00 PM

t has a creamy light texture that goes on smoothly. I usually never wear it for just 15 minutes, I'll put it on my face at night after cleansing, let it sink for a few minutes, then follow with another layer and leave it on as an overnight sleeping mask, it just gives me the most amazing plumped glow when I wake up. It's such a nice product to just wipe away with a tissue and throw away.

It is also great to soothe the skin after you waxed your upper lip or after plucking the eyebrows. It is a nice eye shooting mask, I tend to wear it around my eyes when the're feeling tired and sore, it's so revitalizing! I usually use it to draw some panda eyes on my face and go to sleep, my eyes always look fresher and nicer in the morning. If you're looking for a good mask for oily skin, really do consider this one as it's non-comedogenic.
That being said, this is really my all time favorite hydrating mask and although I have 10 more identical products on my stash I always go back to this one as I feel its the one that quenches my dehydrated skin the most.

on 3/16/2014 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This feels cooling and soothing when you apply it, but my skin is dry to very dry and it does not give enough moisture to my skin. I apply it at night before I go to bed and let it sink in for a while, in the morning my skin isn't really improved or less dry because I would still have some flaky patches. Nice mask, neutral scent, no irritation, cooling and soothing feeling, but not suitable for very dry skin, I really need something heavier!

on 11/19/2013 9:08:00 AM

-Good for combination/dehydrated/normal/sensitive skin
-Soothes and hydrates
-Can be left as a night cream
-Doesnt clog pores (I was so afraid of this!)

Cons:
-I dont feel this mask is giving a permanent hydration

on 11/12/2013 4:15:00 PM

My skin is on the dry side, and I just haven't found this mask to be all that moisturizing even leaving it on overnight. I slather on quite a bit, let it absorb and go to sleep. When I wake up, my skin is still dry. It feels really cool and soothing going on, but I'm looking for moisture and will have to keep looking.

on 9/6/2013 3:37:00 PM

Soothes my skin everytime I use it! When I'm all red and irritated,this is the one to use. I wear it for 45minutes and wash it off. Happy!

on 6/5/2013 9:37:00 AM

I have to say, I love this moisturizer. It is the first moisturizer that didn't leave an oil mask on me, it dries matte and feels great. I now have normal skin! The only thing is that I noticed some clogged pores on my cheeks, but that might be from a new cleanser I was trying at the same time. All in all, I would repurchase, as, even with the clogged pores (if that indeed is from this product) I like the silky, luxurious feel of normal skin.

on 4/2/2013 10:14:00 AM

This is the best moisture product i have used.
I use it once a week, after a shower. I immediately soothes my red cheeks and give an overall moist and softness.

The only thing i am not sure of is, it sometimes make me break-out. The next day of using the mask, i see some red pimples on my face which are usually dissappear in two days. Maybe they are because of some other product, not sure about it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

With the end of the Scottish winter (perpetual cold and strong wind) my skin became so dry that I became more and more desperate. Nothing seemed to work - no amount of facial oil (Boots Botanics which is usually enough on its own) and reapplications of layers after layers of hydrating creams with a layer of pure coconut on top to seal them in - none of this brought any relief.

Until this little tube entered my life. I've applied pure hyaluronic acid (in form of an amazing Hydraluron) with a thick layer of Avene masque on top and after half an hour it all sunk in without a trace but taking away any discomfort in my super dry skin. I've reapplied it under my eyes and now I am able to smile again without worrying that my skin is going to crack!

The other reviewers mention some fragrance present in the product. I have not detected anything like that (I have unfortunately now chucked the cardboard box where ingredients were listed).

My skin is back to it's normal self, amazing product if you suffer from a dry, dehydrated skin.

on 2/24/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I've tried it once and it gives me the sorching burning sensation, I've moderate rosacea and eczema skin which erupt recently, once I apply a layer over the skin, i removed it straight. I might not have the courage to try anytime soon, as im still battling with rosacea and eczema. Might use it for other area of the body.

Popular Masks