November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Fig Lip Shimmer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is what I have been looking for all along! For those of you who find Clinique's "Black Honey" Almost Lipstick a little too purple, Burt's Bees "Fig" Lip Shimmer is a warmer-toned dupe. It is a true my-lips-but-better berry shade on my brown-mauve lips and warm (light) olive skin tone. I like the slim tube even though the product does not twist down, it's slim enough to stick in my pocket and looks like a Chapstick if I reapply it in public after a meal; very discrete. If you are cool-toned you might want to check out "Rhubarb", which is a bright reddish pink that leans cool (almost purple) on my complexion -- although it is not so garish that I can't wear it -- because that will probably also work as a "lips but better" colour.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by LittleBear23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Meh... it's ok. I LOVE the lip shimmer in Merlot and, based on the cap color, I was expecting something similar but with a bit of brown in it. Nope. This stuff barely has any tint at all. It's tinted about as much as any other so-called "tinted" lip balm. You can maybe see a teeny tiny bit of color. It's a good balm though. It's moisturizing and it's inexpensive. I was just really hoping for a more saturated color. Oh, and once you twist the balm up, it won't go down again. You can't just turn the little wheel the other way and make it go down. So, that can make it ooze out over the side of the cap and mess up your bag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This may be my favorite Burts Bees Lip Shimmer. The perfect MLBB shade for me. I'm fair with brown eyes and reddish brown hair, tend to like warmer colors, by the way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 5:54:00 PM More reviews by sabsprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought that Guava was an awful shade, but this is a really nice one. It's dark, but applies sheerly and gives your lips that beautiful just-bitten appearance. It moisturizes a heck of a lot more too, and is tingly as well (I love tingly lip products!). Perfect for a no-makeup look, I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by viscousbadgerjelly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Agree this is a warm berry shade which is very much mlbb on me. No shimmer in it but personally I think that is a good thing!

It makes me look fresher and brighter when I am not wearing any make up but when lined with a nude lip pencil and some eye make up it adds just enough colour, shine and definition for the evening.

It doesnt have the best staying power - but then it's more of a balm than a lip stick so can't really complain about that!

I like the minty tingle and the fact that it's natural - makes me feel a bit better about licking it off.

It actually does a good job of looking after my lips although if I am going to be outside a lot in cold weather I'll use Burts bees original lip balm instead - it's the only balm I have found that is guaranteed to stop my lips from chapping, no matter how cold or windy it is.

Lip shimmers are quite small for the price - I would say I tube lasts me about a 3/4 weeks of daily use but the pros still outweigh the cons.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:10:00 AM More reviews by limeshrub

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this up for $5 at CVS. This comes in a slim yellow tube with the color of the lip shimmer on the cap and a twister upper on the other end. This has no glitter or shimmer in it. It's a sheer, warm, earthy red color that moisturizes with a minty tingle that wears off after a few minutes. It is flavorless and scentless. It lasts well over an hour for me. This lip shimmer has no shimmer, unlike the other colors. I recommend this and I'd probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very pretty shimmery reddish color, which is not bright nor dark. It would look nice on any skin tone. I like the minty flavor and scent of the balm which is just like the original lipbalm. Also, the tube is nice and slick and easy to place in a pocket. I wish this has SPF so I dont have to worry about my lips burning out in the sun. I cant wait to try the other colors out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2010 6:43:00 PM More reviews by OICMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! Just right when you need a little lip color, but you don't want to go overboard. It actually stayed pretty true to the color in the tube when I applied it, and I love the tingly sensation and minty scent! You may want to try it with a little clear gloss as it tends to be rather dry, but all in all I would definetly buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by patpatpatpat

I'm not sure how I feel about this one... The colour is a bit too warm for me. Looking at it I don't see much brown, but on my lips there's a lot of brown with a bit of orange even. Not quite the colour I was hoping it would be. Also I have a problem with the smell. It smells like natural ingredients, not a synthetic smell, but I just don't like it. It's in my purse, but I don't find myself reaching for it. So no, will not be buying any more of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by il2tx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I was looking for an everyday alternative to lipstick and I lucked out finding this. I love Burt's Bees lip balm anyway and this is a variation with a touch of color. Fig is my favorite so far. It goes on smooth and leaves a pretty redish shade that stays on for hours. It leaves my lips moisturized. I will be heading back to Ulta for more.