April 25, 2014 | 1215 users online

Conditioner - Redken - Clear Moisture Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by buhsayd

I recently decided to transform my entire hair routine. I figured if I could spend $300 to get a straight perm, I shouldn't still be using drugstore hair products that might not nourish my more fragile hair.

Previously I used Tresemme shampoo and conditioner and nothing else. No styling tools, no styling products, no leave-ins, no masques. I thought my hair was fine. After my straight perm, I tried a free sample of some high-end Korean shampoo and conditioner that claimed to have the same active ingredients as the high-end products sold here, but I didn't notice any difference.

After running out of the sample, I went to Ulta and got Clear Moisture conditioner and Abba Color Protect shampoo, which were both on sale. I'm not sure if it's the botanical shampoo or the conditioner (I suspect the conditioner), but after ONE use, my hair was very noticeably shinier and bouncier. Like it had a drink of water. Actually like the hair you see on those Pantene commercials.

I'm thrilled but I don't think I would buy this at regular price. =\

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a lot of long, fine, wavy hair that can be coaxed to curl. This conditioner is good if you're looking for a lighter formulation. Personally I prefer conditioners that are a little heavier, even though I have fine hair (I have a lot of it!). I feel like this makes my hair frizzy if I don't apply other product, and it doesn't have the slip and softness that I like after I condition. I wouldn't repurchase - skip this. You can find something better for a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by hollydolly1083

Okay so before this I used to use drugstore brands I used to condition my hair with the tresemme condition (not sure what kind) and I wasn't impressed, (duh)! So I got a haircut and the stylist used Paul Mitchell mousse and professional conditioner and shampoo. I was impressed about how amazing my hair looked. I tried this because the cheap products dried my hair out. I haven't really noticed a difference, for the price kinda unimpressed, would recommend you try it but I wont be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:08:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine wavy hair, but a lot of it. It tends to get frizzy and can get really oily at the roots quickly if I use the wrong product formula. I decided to try both the shampoo and conditioner in the Clear Moisture formula. I like them both pretty well.

I only apply the conditioner to the lower half of my hair, clip it up on top of my head, and leave it on for most of my shower. My hair is soft and smells clean. The scent is not floral or fruity, which is nice. It reminds me of the old Gap scent, Simply White.

I do notice that my hair is still a bit frizzy when I let it dry to its naturally wavy state, but it looks lovely when I use my flat iron. I like the blue color of the bottle, but it is strange that the conditioner is a smaller size than the shampoo.

Overall, it is a pretty good product that I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sdjames

I really like this conditioner (plus the clear moisture shampoo). Nice, subtle scent, lightly moisturizing and not heavy. Works great on my fine hair without exacerbating its oiliness!

My only criticism of the conditioner is the same that I have of the shampoo, so with the risk of repeating myself:

The bottles are narrow on top, wider on the bottom. It becomes difficult to get the last 20% of the product out of the bottle without figuring out a way to prop the bottle upside down for the last couple of weeks of use. The other thing I don't like/wonder about is the fact that the conditioner comes in a smaller bottle than the shampoo. Shampoo size is 300 ml and conditioner size is 250 ml. I get it that I should use a small amount of conditioner, but come on--16% less than my shampoo amount? Redken--pls make conditioner bottles the same size as shampoo bottles. it will save you in production costs.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by ChillaFreak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just started using this product again after a few years....I really like it! It's the perfect amount of moisture for my hair. I will update on it after i've used it some more.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2007 1:15:00 PM More reviews by virginiachick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have used some Redken products, Smooth Down (which was too heavy for my hair), All Soft, which was alright but I got bored with it. I have fine hair, but TONS of it. Its also colored and highlighted. I don't like shampoos and conditioners that add a lot of stuff and weigh my hair down...that is the last thing I need with my hair. What I need is a shampoo and condish that adds some good moisture to my hair, protects color and doesn't weigh my hair down. And Clear Moisture conditioner does that for me. It conditions with out adding extra stuff in my hair to weigh it down. Yes, there is a scent to it, some would call it a "manly" scent, I find it to be a fresh scent. I like it.

I find this conditioner to be a good one and my hair likes it. It leaves my hair conditioned, soft and bouncy. I would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2007 11:29:00 PM More reviews by workoutgal7

This product is just so/so for me. I used it for about 8 months and it gave it moisture, but did nothing for the volume I needed, so I switched to Bumble & Bumble, which I love. I'm trying to use up the last of it - it does make my hair soft, but doesn't help me w/my fine, thin hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by wellymacky

I found this product way to light for my hair. i'd wash, dry, straighten. as soon as i'd step outside the door and the wind blew my hair, it would just kink and never stay straight. it's the only condish i've had that problem with. my hair just had no weight to it at all, therefore was always out of control. maybe should have tried the treatment and seen if this was heavier. i don't mean heavy as in weigh hair down so it's greasy and flat but to have some hold when just styled. didn't find it very moisturising though i have to say

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 11:53:00 PM More reviews by MsLips

I really think this is a nice conditioner that's very moisturizing, as I shouldn't be using it because I have an oily scalp. I have to wash my hair everyday. I think it smells really great and helps with my dryer ends of my hair. I would recommend this to people with dry hair for a good hydration.