April 16, 2014 | 1587 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Clear Moisture Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 4:36:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

I really love this shampoo. It took me awhile to find a good shampoo for my hair. I have thick, long, dark dark brown hair which I don't dye. I needed something which washed me hair well, without it feeling stripped of all its moisture, but also not too moisturizing that it feels like the shampoo leaves unwanted 'gunk' in your hair. This is perfect for me! !

UPDATE: Ah no no this is perfect for me, but it made me get really bad dermatitis on my neck and temples :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by jsnowden0001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is perfect for my fine, thick, dry hair. I follow with the Clear Moisture Conditioner which rinses out well. As mentioned, the bottle leaves something to be desired in getting the last 20% of the shampoo out.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2010 4:44:00 PM More reviews by lindsi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have thin hair that gets oily pretty quickly with a lot of hair products. And I have been finding lately my scalp has been having negative reactions to a lot of cheap hair care products, ie dandruff and breakage at tips. With Redken clear moisture I only have to shampoo/condition hair every other day. I find it i put the conditioner only on my ends my hair tends to get less oily at the roots. The shampoo washes out really easily. I get right down there with my shower nozzle. I find if i don't take the time to rinse out anything from my hair I get a little flaking on the scalp. I don't use any other products on my hair and I only use a hairdryer every other day. So my hair is in pretty good condition. OVERALL, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT. I shampoo/condition before bed and even when I wake up in the AM it is still bouncy and quite soft. Really great quality product. Not greasy at all.
*UPDATE*
After using this product for a little while now I am noticing my hair has become ++QUITE FUZZY and it is full of static. What the heck. I cannot return it because I have been using it too long. I will have to put it on the shelf with my other failed shampoos. The search continues for the best shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by susannapanna

I think this shampoo is fine. But I have tried better - both from Redken and from other brands. Can leave my hair static. Not particularly fond of the smell, either...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by petit_bijou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE this shampoo! It's my HG and keeps my fine hair so healthy and shiny. I have to shampoo nearly every day as my hair gets oily at the roots quickly, plus I am at the gym most mornings so can't get around it! Doesn't weigh down your hair, cleans well without stripping so perfect for daily use. The conditioner is also great and they work perfectly together. Pricey if you buy from a salon but it is readily available online so ends up cheap as a bottle lasts me 5-6 months minimum.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by kristlovesmakeup

LOVE redken in general. this is my favorite shampoo from them that i've tried. i've tried all soft and smooth down as well. (there all great though) i also love redkens deep fuel packets. but anyway i haven't used this for awhile but i remember loving it. buy it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 3:21:00 PM More reviews by glossychiquita

I always repurchase this when I'm running low. I have thick hair but I have a very dry scalp and the medicated shampoos leave my thick hair like gross straw. I always alternate with this gentle shampoo that keeps my scalp and hair moisturized. My thick heavy hair feels light, wispy and gorgeously shiny! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:02:00 AM More reviews by 0heather0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this shampoo for almost a year, and it keeps my hair so healthy and shiny. Whenever I try a different shampoo, my hair is a frizzy, tangled, dry disaster. And after like 10 months of using Clear Moisture almost every day, I still have a third of a bottle left.

I wash my hair every day because my hair is baby fine and gets oily after less than a day. This shampoo lathers really well, doesn't weigh my fine hair down yet doesn't make it dry either, makes my hair color look really bright and shiny, and best of all, it keeps my curly/wavy hair from being frizzy, which is my biggest problem.

I don't really like the flimsy plastic bottle, and the shampoo doesn't really have a scent, but it is my HG shampoo.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by WendyKR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know why salons keep pushing Redken. They over price it for one. None of their products really do much. You can get it in stores now for a decent price but it is no better than say Suave. It left my hair limp and not really that moisturized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 6:14:00 PM More reviews by sugarlumples

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have fine wavy hair, but a lot of it. It tends to get frizzy and can get really oily at the roots quickly if I use the wrong product formula. I decided to try both the shampoo and conditioner in the Clear Moisture formula. I like them both pretty well.

Before swithing to Redken I was using Back to Basics Apple Ginseng. As soon as I washed my hair for the first time with Clear Moisture I could tell an immediate difference. My hair was so soft and smelled clean, not overly perfumed. I didn't realize how coarse my hair felt when I was using Back to Basics untl I switched to this product.

The scent is not floral or fruity, which is nice. It reminds me of the old Gap scent, Simply White.

I do notice that my hair is still a bit frizzy when I let it dry to its naturally wavy state, but it looks lovely when I use my flat iron. I like the blue color of the bottle, but it is strange that the conditioner is a smaller size than the shampoo.

Overall, it is a pretty good product that I would repurchase.