April 17, 2014 | 1870 users online

Treatments - Avene - Cleanance K

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by tatianamiami

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for those who figured out the inside problem of acne and is now trying to fade acne scars and impurities. Here's my story. I used to have very oily skin, blackheads, clogged pores, acnes. It was just awful. I did hormone testing and everything seemed to be fine. Finally I realized (God bless that day) the whole problem was in sugar. I stopped eating ALL sweet products, even a small glass of fresh orange juice would make me break out. I put myself on a strict diet with no spicy and sugar products. I replaced the bars of candies I used to eat every day with a mix of natural nuts, walnuts and fried cranberries. Nuts are the source of B vitamin which is necessary for skin health. The result was seen in a week or so. No more breakouts, skin tended to oil less, the overall condition was getting better, although the blackheads and acne scars were still there. So I went to the pharmacy and got Avene Cleanance Gel (I read a lot about AHA & BHA products) and started using it mixing with Avene Cleanance K Lotion and Bioderma Sebium Serum (which contains only AHA acids while Avene Cleanance Gel contains both AHA and BHA which I think is cool since salicylic acid is an essential ingredient for exfoliating skin. It tingles but not as badly as Bioderma. The complexion is getting better from the first use. I didn't believe it was possible to ever make my pores look smaller, but it worked.

Overall, do not expect this product to work like a miracle for you if you don't cure the main 'inside' problem of your acne. It is not the product that makes you breakout, it might be your eating habits or hormones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by bunnylove07

I got this when I purchased the Avene Cleanance kit for oily and acne prone skin as I used the Avene Soapless Gel cleanser and absolutely loved it. Upon application to clean skin the Cleanance K gel tingles/stings a bit but the sensation goes away after about a minute. I have been using this product only in the t-zone area (to tighten the pores) for about 6 months now and can see that my pores are definitely smaller. I don't often break out but every now and then I do get some very small pink spots coming up on my face...when that happens I immediately apply this gel and know that the pink spots will be gone the next morning.

I have tried the La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO and for some reason my skin re-acted to it and went all irritated and dry. So if the La Roche-Posay Effaclar DUO didn't work for you, then this one might be worth trying.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by amyfantham

First use it stung a little bit on the skin. However I have been using on my skin normally once a day and my acne has been severely reduced and I have fewer breakouts. I can have extremely dry skin but this has not made it worst, in fact I think I have less dry patches. Miracle product!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by ewabialy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find that this product is really great for clearing breakouts and preventing more. It is very effective and works as advertised! I found it works very well for clearing blemishes that feel deep in the skin, and I can see less redness around infected areas within hours of application.

However, the smell is pretty unpleasant. It reminds me of PVA glue, and the consistency of the product matches! So I feel like I'm spreading glue over my face... The smell also makes me a bit concerned about the chemicals in it, so I try to use it sparingly. Aside from that, it's excellent.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by khushh22x

my blemishes that I've had for about 3 years finally seem to be clearing up! I use it alongside Avene's soapless gel cleanser facewash to effectively fade out the blemishes. I used to use the Simple moisturiser and often breakout with pimples however I haven't had this problem with Cleanance K. I have a combination of dry skin (around my nose) and an oily t zone and this cream helped balance it all out. Perfect :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by amkclaes

I really like this. Use it every night. My skin's not dry at all so I can use this alone, no moisturizer on top. In the morning, breakouts are reduced, skin is glowy. In terms of like clearing blackheads, it doesn't do much alone. Physical exfoliation (with a scrub or clarisonic or whatever you like) in conjunction with this works very well. Overall, its a good buy. Worth the money spent. It also has lasted me at least six months by now, probably longer, and is in no danger of running out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Pappadelta

Just an update really this has become a daily staple in my skin care routine I have electrolysis On my face but as the hair comes through it causes bumps which have in the past caused painful ingrown hairs which have become hardened bumps which have taken months to clear and left pigmentation, Ive learnt to use this daily it smooths my skin helps with blemishes and minimises pigmentation from blemishes and spots, also gives a nice glow, great result if used overnight but use on clean skin with whatever else you want to use on top otherwise it doesn't work as well. For anyone with a thicker combination skin which changes everyday this makes me feel like my skin is much much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by Stril

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I purchased this product in an 'Oily & Acne Prone Skin' kit, along with the gel cleanser & Thermal Water in the hope of controlling my oily T-zone & recurring hormonal breakouts. I've been using it for about a week, twice a day, once in the morning & once at night after cleansing & although, yes it does become a little tacky on the skin & takes a little while to completely dry, I've been loving this product. It's taken away any redness I had left over from my breakouts & seems to have kept any more breakouts from occurring. Keep in mind I have been using this in conjunction with the Avene gel cleanser, but the duo seem to be working wonders.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'll update later - but it seems pretty nice

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 6:18:00 AM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product to help combat my moderate but consistent acne. I use a lot of oil control products and was using salicylic acid but it didn't seem enough so I thought the AHA in this would really help. The price was a little more than I pay for products usually and the packaging is suitable for the purpose.

Onto the product...
I used Cleanance K gel-cream for 5 weeks before discontinuing it as it has destroyed my skin completely. As I said, I had acne but not tons of it but it was constant, I always had spots. I used Cleanance K in the mornings only and found that for the first 3 weeks nothing really happened. I felt that there was a decline in new spots but not enough to warrant repurchasing. THEN, my face exploded; huge painful spots full of crud, clogged pores and my chin became bumpy and rash-like. After some trial and error, I put it down to Cleanance K and discontinued it. Sadly, the extra spots have cleared up but I can't undo the bumpiness on my chin. I'm gutted! I went back to my old cleanser (don't know why I left LUSH Dark Angels!) and saw immediate change as my spots healed and disappeared. Just wish that I could shift this gross feeling/look on my chin. If anything I am more paranoid about my skin than ever and have been completely put off of Avène products.