Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

3.7

on 8/31/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have pretty good skin and i just have a few red spots so this works great for me. this probably wouldnt work well for people who need lots of coverage or people with oily skin. but for people who want a little coerage with normal or combination skin this will probably be a great product for you! and i love the little mirror it has in it!

on 8/16/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This did not stop me from looking oily or red. Also, I tried to like the multi-colored palette, but it just left me looking blotchy. I will keep this in my purse for emergencies, but there are better powders (like Maybelline Dream Matte Powder).

on 6/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I would highly recommend this pressed powder if:

You have very, very fair skin with any type of undertones.

You have normal to dry skin. (It might not provide enough oil absorption for oily skin types.

This is not translucent on pale white skin but will add a natural, light peaches and cream coverage to your face, evening out skin tone, get rid of shine without dulling the complexion and give that poreless natural look. Wonderful for those of us who cannot find anything that doesn't look pink or orange or dead white on our faces.

I still might use concealer around red areas on nostrils and although I don't have dark circles under my eyes I use Prestige white eyeshadow (not matte) under my eyes, inner eye and brow as illumination alternative.

To apply this powder I use an Ecco brush that is very thick and dense (best ever for applying pressed powder)and when I'm finished applying blush I go over my face lightly with a flat topped bronzer brush. On my moisturized combo to somewhat dry skin, this works beautifully and the powder is remarkably long lasting. Does not look cakey what so ever!

Use this every day. One coat for super natural look and two or more applications for more polished look. Great stuff.

on 5/16/2011 10:39:00 AM

I regret buying this SO much. Where I live, it's more than $20 so I can't even say "wellllll it was only $10.99..." My skin gets dry sometimes in the winter, but it's May while I'm writing this and after using that powder, I saw noticeable flakes of skin under my eyes which is not usually where I get dry either. I don't have a MAC that's less than 20mins away so I went to the drugstore and picked this up thinking it'd be a good substitute for my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Naturals (light, I'm super super pale). I was so wrong I don't even know what to do about how wrong I was. Not only is it chalky and leaves my face dusted with white (and not to mention the little powder pad it comes with is total garbage), but my skin NEVER breaks out and this product made these little bumps appear all over my face. I also don't have sensitive skin or am I allergic to anything. Sure I get a few blackheads on my nose from time to time but I have never had a real pimple or even more than a tiny red circle in terms of acne but this thing made me feel absolutely disgusting! Also it's heavy and drying and cakey so maybe for very oily skin this would be good? For mine it was absolutely horrible... I regret buying this so so so much, theres about $25 I'll never get back... Maybe I should just become a youtube guru and let that one powder start the collection of a billion cosmetics I never actually use...

on 6/26/2010 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use for spot treatment and covering up sunburns. I don't think it's a good completely cover your face powder though.

This powder came with PF's lip plumping gloss (which I really wanted to try). So I thought "Ooo free powder, great!" The powder is just alright. Sets foundation pretty ok but I try not to put too much on my face because it makes me look quite pale (my skin has yellow undertones) and it doesn't keep my oily skin at bay for a long time. I applied this powder with my Ecotools powder brush and blended to the Nth degree, Haha. I hate the bottom portion of this compact because I have to constantly flip back and forth to use the mirror and to use the powder. Unfort. the powder is just not my fit.

on 11/25/2009 10:05:00 PM

If you have red undertones like me this product will make you look more red. It's more for people with lots of yellow undertones in their skin. I used it for about a year, it doesnt last though. After it was freshly applied, it looked good in pictures. It does look powdery though. There are much better powders out there, look elsewhere.

on 11/24/2009 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm NW35 right now, sometimes NC30 and even NC27, I have very yellow undertones but I tan very reddish brown, I have tried every medium color foundation, tm, powder, on the market, and dont always get a good color match or coverage. I have had products that have come close but dont last long on my face. I got this powder in two colors: Translucent and Medium. Out of desperation, I needed a quick powder to wear on the weekends, my complexion color varies from week to week (sometimes I have reddness sometimes I have sallowness, sometimes I pick up color from the sun, etc etc). Because of the good mix of colors in this compact, this covers all my imperfections like a liquid foundation, and is a good enough color match (because its not all one color). Medium matched perfectly, but if I get darker, medium will be too dark. Translucent was too light for now, but I did tone down any white cast with Stila Sun bronzer, and it was a good color match and good mix between stila and transulcent. Anyway, Moisturize well because this powder is thick and cakey but If you have oily skin like me, its thick enough to keep oil at bay, if you have dry skin, stay away from this product, it will accentuate flakes. Right now I will use Beige until I get lighter in the winter, I will switch to Transulcent.

on 11/14/2009 9:52:00 PM

I've been using this pressed powder for the past year, I really enjoyed using it. I have a medium tone skin but even though using this it would give me a healthy glow. Its coverage is really good but like others have said not good for my oily/combination skin type.
I would love to purchase it again cause it could work really well in the process of contouring your face.

PS: It does not cause breakouts, I've used it alone without a base and it works fine for the whole day.

on 11/2/2009 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Wow... i'm honestly really surprised at the bad reviews...

I really love this powder! I use the PF color correcting green concealer, my EDM mineral foundation, then buff this in to set my foundation. It DOES leave a semi-white cast, but it's not usually visible once it sets in on your face. I use my ELF powder brush, if that makes a difference. I like how this product makes my face look creamy. That's the best way I can describe it. It softens up the harsh lines on my face, and makes my features look softer and adds a soft glow. It evens out my complexion.

I like the packaging too. It's easy to open and close, it has a cute little mirror on the bottom, and it comes with a puff (which I use for other things).

It keeps me matte for a couple hours, but nothing outstanding for oiliness.

It's such a great deal at around $3 on sale at Walgreens too. =)