October 24, 2014 | 1648 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Powder Palette Multi-colored Pressed Powder Translucent

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2011 10:39:00 AM More reviews by chelsealaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I regret buying this SO much. Where I live, it's more than $20 so I can't even say "wellllll it was only $10.99..." My skin gets dry sometimes in the winter, but it's May while I'm writing this and after using that powder, I saw noticeable flakes of skin under my eyes which is not usually where I get dry either. I don't have a MAC that's less than 20mins away so I went to the drugstore and picked this up thinking it'd be a good substitute for my MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Naturals (light, I'm super super pale). I was so wrong I don't even know what to do about how wrong I was. Not only is it chalky and leaves my face dusted with white (and not to mention the little powder pad it comes with is total garbage), but my skin NEVER breaks out and this product made these little bumps appear all over my face. I also don't have sensitive skin or am I allergic to anything. Sure I get a few blackheads on my nose from time to time but I have never had a real pimple or even more than a tiny red circle in terms of acne but this thing made me feel absolutely disgusting! Also it's heavy and drying and cakey so maybe for very oily skin this would be good? For mine it was absolutely horrible... I regret buying this so so so much, theres about $25 I'll never get back... Maybe I should just become a youtube guru and let that one powder start the collection of a billion cosmetics I never actually use...

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2010 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kmaness930

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use for spot treatment and covering up sunburns. I don't think it's a good completely cover your face powder though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by LiLLatinaFLava

This powder came with PF's lip plumping gloss (which I really wanted to try). So I thought "Ooo free powder, great!" The powder is just alright. Sets foundation pretty ok but I try not to put too much on my face because it makes me look quite pale (my skin has yellow undertones) and it doesn't keep my oily skin at bay for a long time. I applied this powder with my Ecotools powder brush and blended to the Nth degree, Haha. I hate the bottom portion of this compact because I have to constantly flip back and forth to use the mirror and to use the powder. Unfort. the powder is just not my fit.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by marym126

If you have red undertones like me this product will make you look more red. It's more for people with lots of yellow undertones in their skin. I used it for about a year, it doesnt last though. After it was freshly applied, it looked good in pictures. It does look powdery though. There are much better powders out there, look elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NW35 right now, sometimes NC30 and even NC27, I have very yellow undertones but I tan very reddish brown, I have tried every medium color foundation, tm, powder, on the market, and dont always get a good color match or coverage. I have had products that have come close but dont last long on my face. I got this powder in two colors: Translucent and Medium. Out of desperation, I needed a quick powder to wear on the weekends, my complexion color varies from week to week (sometimes I have reddness sometimes I have sallowness, sometimes I pick up color from the sun, etc etc). Because of the good mix of colors in this compact, this covers all my imperfections like a liquid foundation, and is a good enough color match (because its not all one color). Medium matched perfectly, but if I get darker, medium will be too dark. Translucent was too light for now, but I did tone down any white cast with Stila Sun bronzer, and it was a good color match and good mix between stila and transulcent. Anyway, Moisturize well because this powder is thick and cakey but If you have oily skin like me, its thick enough to keep oil at bay, if you have dry skin, stay away from this product, it will accentuate flakes. Right now I will use Beige until I get lighter in the winter, I will switch to Transulcent.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Rachael230889

I've been using this pressed powder for the past year, I really enjoyed using it. I have a medium tone skin but even though using this it would give me a healthy glow. Its coverage is really good but like others have said not good for my oily/combination skin type.
I would love to purchase it again cause it could work really well in the process of contouring your face.

PS: It does not cause breakouts, I've used it alone without a base and it works fine for the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Kyakimochi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow... i'm honestly really surprised at the bad reviews...

I really love this powder! I use the PF color correcting green concealer, my EDM mineral foundation, then buff this in to set my foundation. It DOES leave a semi-white cast, but it's not usually visible once it sets in on your face. I use my ELF powder brush, if that makes a difference. I like how this product makes my face look creamy. That's the best way I can describe it. It softens up the harsh lines on my face, and makes my features look softer and adds a soft glow. It evens out my complexion.

I like the packaging too. It's easy to open and close, it has a cute little mirror on the bottom, and it comes with a puff (which I use for other things).

It keeps me matte for a couple hours, but nothing outstanding for oiliness.

It's such a great deal at around $3 on sale at Walgreens too. =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2009 1:09:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is very ehh. It kind of leaves a whitish cast on my face, even though I don't use very much of it at all. Its coverage is alright. I don't use the little sponge/puff it comes it, but with a powder brush. I used it very occassionally, on days when I don't feel like wearing makeup, I just dust a lil bit of this all over. I stopped using it when all the powder broke into lil pieces, so now it's just sitting on my shelf. I wouldn't buy this again because it didn't have the best coverage, and it didn't wow me in any way.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by faithhope21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
*Gives me a tan glowy look that i get compliments on.
*Doesnt make my face look chalky
*Doesnt break my acne prone skin out
*Evens up my complexion
*Doesnt show flakes

Cons:
*Have to keep reapplying
*Oil comes through easily
*Not long lasting

Bottom Line: I will keep repurchasing this because it doesnt make me break out but i think people with VERY oily skin should look for something that works longer throught out the day but after i use this i get compliments on my tan (Which i dont have but this powder gives me).
Overall its a decent powder and should be given a chance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 11:24:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this powder, many translucent powders say they are translucent but seem to leave behind some white. This doesn't have any color to it but it sets my makeup very well so it doesn't slide off. I also love it because it doesn't have any fall out like many powders do. I bought this at Walgreens for about $3.50 on clearance so I am not sure if it is being discontinued or Walgreens is just not going to sell it anymore. All in all it is a really good setting powder, and I really like it.