MAC Fast Play (Amplified)

4.2

on 10/1/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Twig and FP are very similar, but Twig is more plum/brown, where this is more rosy/berry. Unfortunately, neither really work for me. I'm a Brave girl and while sometimes I want something a little darker, Twig and FP don't quite work.

on 9/20/2011 3:23:00 AM

I picked this up with my B2M containers yesterday. I originally went to get Ladybug (trying to get a good red), but I chickened out at the last minute and started swatching some more neutral, autumnal (fall) colours. This is a neutral brown-pink with a hint of mauve, as it's an amplified the coverage is full and its very opaque - which is fine for me as I have very pigmented lips and sometimes find it hard to get a good coverage without layers (not neccessary Fast Play). This will be great over autumn/winter. It is similar to the cremesheen - Offshoot (LE) from the MAC me over collection (which I also have), but its more mauvie and Offshoot has a hint of burnt red, also Fast Play comes off slightly more of a matte finish (i.e. slightly less shiny/glossy). Overall its a nice product and I'm glad I got it.

on 9/16/2011 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my barely pigmented lips, it's a pretty plummy rose with a dash of brown in it. It would show up as a MLBB if I had very pigmented lips. I am a NC20/C1 and it can look a bit sallow if I'm not careful with the other colors I'm using with it. It's extremely versatile: I can dab it on when I'm wearing a bold/dramatic/colorful eye look, or swipe it on when I'm wearing neutral warm shades like Mulch or Wedge with black eyeliner. The amplified cream formula feels silky on, but since I am prefering matte lipcolors lately, I dab a bit of powder on top.I used MSFN in Medium on top of it to matte it out, and it turned into a pinky plum shade that was very reminiscent of Captive/Capricious lipsticks by MAC (when they are in the tube, as those colors are really sheer). Great pigmentation, great wearability, great staying power and I will repurchase.

on 8/30/2011 3:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Definitely pulls an orange undertone on my pale moderately pigmented lips. And I don't like orange :(
For reference i am NC 15/20
It does ,however feel very creamy, moisturizing on my dry lips.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm so in love with this product. I have natural dark outline around my lips and and during summer the pigments get really dark, even darker than my skin. So this lipstick actually covers the dark pigmented outline beautifully.It looks darkish brown but when I put it on my lips the color changes to very pretty pinkish brown. I tried Cream in my coffee before, but it only made my lips looked too dark and bruised.
This is my favorite MAC lipstick so far. LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

on 4/14/2011 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

A darker nude color which looks good on my caramel/bronze skintone. I like wearing this when i want full color but not too out there. This is beautiful

on 2/25/2011 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

My fav pink lipstick to date. I love this lippie. nc 45 for ref.

A medium/dark dusty mauve color with pink undertones. This formula dries semi-matte on me and seems to leave a stain for a long while afterward (wish it was more creamy/lasting) that can look nice if you remember to keep a balm on it. Initially quite moisturizing but can be drying if you are prone to chapped lips.
This color is very, very similar to MAC Twig when applied - just FYI if you can't find this color!

on 11/22/2010 11:41:00 AM

I love the amplified texture and finally found the perfect pinkie brown lippie. When my lips are a little dry the creamy texture helps a lot.

This is a really versatile lipstick, you can easily build up the color and always have a nice fashionable look. For reference I'm NC30.

on 9/12/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

At last I have found the perfect pinkie brown lippie! I usually only wear Chanel Giggle or Praline Glossimer because lippies are too dark, too orange, too heavy, too red etc. for my red hair, green eyed, NW15 self :-). On the M.A.C. assistant, this lippie was bright pink, but on me, it is Glossimer but more opaque.

I was shocked by how different it looked on the sales person and me, so I had my sis try it on. She's a NC 25 -- so opposite. It was gorgeous on her, but definitely more wine/pink. Go figure! This is a must try lippie -- don't assume what it will look like on; it is a chameleon :-). And, I'm in LOVE!

Popular Lipsticks