Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 2/2/2015 9:45:00 PM

After trying so many mascaras, this one still remains my favorite. Never smudges or flakes off, buildable, which is really important to me as sometimes I want Kim K lashes (multiple coats), sometimes just regular lashes (1-2 coats). Just remember to keep building when product is semi-wet on lashes, if you let it dry too long, will get a bit chunky looking.
Anyone remember Immencils by Lancôme? Long time ago.... so sad they discontinued that one.
Drama, Doll Lashes, Defincils, don't work on me, all flake off after a few hours, not buildable. Other one they have out, G something, good, but get's clumpy fast.

on 2/2/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I am a lancome lover, and I have been using definicils as my HG mascara for a few years. When I tried Hypnose, I fell in love with the volume and length it gave to my lashes! I never curl my eyelashes, but this mascara keep my lashes standing up and never flakes throughout the day. I find that I have to take a longer time applying this mascara to get its best effects, I don't just swipe through a few times... I spend a good three minutes per eye brushing through my lashes. This mascara separates like no other and even though it isn't meant to lengthen, I notice some lengthening. Overall, I love the separation and volumizing effects of this mascara, how it holds throughout my day, and it's surprising lengthening power!

on 1/29/2015 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am very surprised that this mascara does not have much higher ratings, I love Lancome mascaras in general (those are best products in their makeup range in my opinion). This one is the best for me, I use for it my clients for a long time actually. It lengthens and volumizes amazingly and moreover it holds a curl for a long time so this my favourite mascara for weddings - of course in waterproof version (together with Volume de Chanel).

on 1/26/2015 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this mascara provides GREAT definition. It lengthens and volumizes wonderfully. The staying power is excellent, might I add. It stays on better than a lot of waterproof mascaras. This is my favorite mascara hands down!! You get even more dramatic results if you use it with the cild booster by Lancome. Go buy it!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I am surprised that this mascara does not have higher ratings.

This is my go-to mascara and have purchased it over and over, and will continue to do so. I like it because it shows up rather heavily on my eyelashes, which is a quality I look for in a mascara, and something that is hard to find. If I don't wear a mascara that really coats the lashes and gives them the illusion of length, my blonde lashes make me look a bit like a newborn.

The mascara lasts all day and does not flake. The only thing I notice is that it takes me a while to remove it with makeup remover because it is quite coated on. I find this is comparable to some of Dior's (the mascara that comes in a gold tube) and YSL's mascaras.

This mascara truly lives up to the hype. More often than not that is not the case. I am grateful to report this product delivers. After a couple applcations, lashes are longer, denser, thicker, and sensual.

on 1/8/2015 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Overall this product is quite good. I already have long thick eyelashes, so I have found this mascara to be very natural on my eyes which I like. It is not clumpy, it does not overly volume up your lashes, I would say it is perfect. The only thing I didn't like was that my tube of mascara dried out within two months of purchase, that and in general I felt as if the actual mascara itself was more of a dry crumbly formula rather a wet one. In terms of application though, for the first two months the formula was not a problem. For the price, I would have expected it to have lasted longer. I would of purchased it again if it did not dry out so fast.

I can't live without this mascara, it is the only one I use (except hypnose waterproof for the beach of very humid weather). I lengthens, separates, never smudges, gives great volume and holds my curl really well. I don't even bother purchasing other mascaras anymore as they are just a waste on money. I don't know how many tubes I have been through of this stuff but it is definitely a HG product of mine.

on 12/26/2014 4:58:00 PM

After i stopped using Hypnose Star because it had fragrance in it which irritated my eyes i tried the original Hypnose. This mascara has everything I need in a mascara!
Yes its expensive, yes theres only 6 ml in it but oh my... its so amazing.

Volume, YES. length, YES, doesnt smudge, doesnt clump, doesnt flake. Comes of with Lancome Bi Facil perfectly.

I finally found my HG :)

on 12/24/2014 6:43:00 AM

I do like this product but I wish it did more to hold my curl, the waterproof formula is much more preferable, but as with all waterproof formulas, they tend to get a little more clumpy. Also, this tube can cost up to £25! Mascaras from Boots seem so much more worth the money. Also works much better if a little drier, it builds volume amazingly.