Lancome Hypnose

3.8

Ingredients: aqua, paraffin, beeswax, stearic acid, carnauba wax, acacia, palmitic acid, triethanolamine, PEG-40 stearate, simethicone, sodium polymethacrylate, aminomethyl propanediol, hydrogenated jojoba oil, hydrogenated palm oil, hydroxyethylcellulose, panthenol, polyquaternium-10, methylparaben, propylparaben, bht. May contain: CI 75470 (carmine), CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77288 (chromium oxide greens), CI 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), CI 77492/CI 77499/CI 77491 (iron oxides), CI 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), mica.

on 12/24/2014 6:43:00 AM

I do like this product but I wish it did more to hold my curl, the waterproof formula is much more preferable, but as with all waterproof formulas, they tend to get a little more clumpy. Also, this tube can cost up to £25! Mascaras from Boots seem so much more worth the money. Also works much better if a little drier, it builds volume amazingly.

on 12/1/2014 12:39:00 PM

Received a GWP tube. I like this product well enough, but I don't think it's worth the price that Lancome demands.

I agree with a reviewer below that one needs to be careful when loading up for application. The brush is lovely and lush, but it picks up too much of the product, which leads to clumpy lashes and smudging on my lower lashline. I can brush these clumps out with an eyebrow comb, but I shouldn't have to do this with a HE product. Harumph.

I do like this mascara's bold lengthening and volumizing properties--indeed, it accomplishes both of these things well, without leaving flakes all over the place. It's also quite good at keeping a curl. Shame the price point makes it such a risk.

on 11/9/2014 1:01:00 PM

This is the only mascara which has been able to add volume and length to my lashes without 1) flaking, 2) smudging everywhere, and 3) irritating my eyes. When applying multiple layers in succession, I've found that it does clump. Hypnose is quite pricey for a mascara. When my current tube runs out, I'll be on the hunt for my HG again.

on 10/28/2014 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have been using Lancome Hypnose for over five years now. It is the only mascara to date that makes my lashes super full, long at the same time while still appearing natural. My lash length doubles with this product. amazing!

on 10/16/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Sometimes this mascara is a hit and sometimes its a miss. After the first time i bought this mascara I loved it for its lengthening and its whispyness, it applied smoothly and i simply loved it. The second time i bought it, it was clumpy, drier than the first. I took it back thinking i just had a bad bottle and the exchange was no better. I won't risk buying it again there are too many nice mascaras out there.

on 10/13/2014 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

As Dora the Explorer once said, "Gloopy gloppy, ooey gooey."
The goo-iness of this mascara formula means it is the ultimate clump monster. It clumps VERY BADLY.

It does not GO ON SMOOTHLY, it looks 'lumpy' as the reviewer bernb has said. there was an SA trying to sell me this once (i got mine as a gift frm my sis), and her lashes were FUGLY. I mean.. she had gorgeous makeup and the lashes were a DISASTER. really truly clumpy/lumpy. and no volume, funnily enough!!!
that's how mine look with it too. I used it for weeks before I realized it was also irritating my eyes.
i don't mind clumpy mascara that much because you can comb it through, but with this you can't. if you try to wiggle the brush, it clumps more (sticks them together). with my trusty Essence mascara it is clumpy for the first week but you can at least comb it out.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was a free gift with purchase. It was not very good so I would never buy it. At first swipe it actually feels nice. It is a wet mascara which I like. It doesn't clump which is nice. The wand was ok but nothing special. The issue I have with it is that after it dries it flakes off. It also has a strong fragrance which smells nice but I don't like it on my eyelashes! I can't imagine paying for it. I put it in my junk drawer. At least it didn't make my eyes itch.

on 9/28/2014 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have tried so many different mascaras there's too many to count on both hands! I have a problem with sensitivity, every other mascara I've tried makes my eyes sting and burn. I decided to splurge and try Lancome Hypnose, I am so glad I did!! I've had no ill effects from this mascara and it doesn't clump! I can even wear it with my contact lenses. If you have sensitive eyes give this a go!

on 9/23/2014 12:51:00 AM

I purchased this product after reading many reviews on makeup alley. After having used so many different mascaras over the years I was desperately seeking something that would give me bold lashes without clumping. I was recommended this mascara by a friend and it didn't disappoint. This mascara is fantastic! It really does define your lashes without clumping. It's a nice black but not a bold black which would be a nice touch. I bought the non waterproof one of accident, and then later purchased the waterproof one, which is awful compared to this non waterproof. The non waterproof option does not last all day the way you applied it first thing in the morning, and although waterproof, it is hard to remove. It doesn't clump, give you racoon eyes or anything like that. So overall I would highly recommend this mascara. It has now become my HG!

on 9/13/2014 6:36:00 AM

Again, I tried this years ago so the details are fuzzy. I read all the rave reviews about this "AMAZING" mascara, so I had to try it. I'm always on the hunt for the perfect mascara. Anyhow, I remember not being impressed with this at all. It was just an ok mascara, definitely not worth the price. But I got mine from ebay ( I think) so it was cheaper. So, if you just have to try this then I recommend getting from a site that's cheaper, because you may not be that impressed with it.
As I'm sure someone somewhere on here has already stated, that Lancôme and L'oreal are owned by the same company so you can more than likely find a knockoff from the L'oreal collection.