October 22, 2014 | 1945 users online

Skincare - Face - Shiseido - Facial Cotton

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Jhe9488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought that these were totally a trick to get me to buy really over-priced cotton pads when the lady at the Shiseido counter suggested them years ago, but they really are worth the price! They feel so soft on your face and don't leave any lint behind. I mainly use these for toner and the best part they don't absorb your toner as much as regular cotton pads do so I end up using less, which I think up makes up for the price of these in the long run if you use nice toner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by Fuzzmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Found out about these on a Vlog. They are expensive, but they make eye makeup removal so much gentler. I have to wear waterproof mascara, and so removal, even with the best remover can be harsh. These are a great buffer. They are definitely high quality. I didn't think it would make such a difference, but it does. I'm also convinced it helps with not damaging the delicate area under your eyes. As you age, that becomes even more important. If cost is a factor, they are so thick, you can easily tear them in half. They come in a box of 165 at Nordstrom, so that number can be doubled to 330. It basically means the box will last a year, as I'm sure there are 30 days in a year I don't wear eye makeup and won't need to use them. Only negative I have heard besides cost is that they do not travel well in their original packaging (they are very delicate and shred easily). I put them in a "medium sized hinge box" from The Container Store for $1.99. I put the rest in a Glad container. No problems so far.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kelz25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love these. I've always used DS cotton rounds but those would often leave cotton fuzzies in my eyelashes and sometimes even get in my eyes. These facial cottons are so thick and luxurious. They remove my eye makeup better and are less harsh on my eyes and lashes- I find that I don't lose as many lashes when removing my WP mascara. No issue of getting fuzz in my eye. They are a bit more expensive than DS but totally worth it. Never going back to DS cotton rounds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

Since moving to the US, I have tried so many different brands of cotton and so far they have all been poor quality. Most of them fell apart and left pieces of fluff on my face that was scratchy, or irritated my sensitive skin. They did not remain intact for the short minute required to apply toner or liquid exfoliating products. I was reluctant to buy these because of the price and because back home I could get a 100-pk of excellent quality cottons (which I hoarded several packages of till they ran out) for less than $4, often on sale for $2.

I decided to try these because of all the good reviews and being tired of wasting money on countless packages of garbage cottons I had bought and I must admit - the Shiseido are worth the money and the quality is excellent. They stay intact, do not just soak up all the product leaving nothing to apply on skin/wasting product and are big enough to use over eyes and your whole face. They have never torn or fallen apart nor left any fluff on my face. Perfect for lotion masks (buy soaking and pulling apart the layers), liquid exfoliants, toners , anything. The weave is very nice, gentle and non-scratchy on my skin. When I go back home I do bring back a few packages if possible, but while staying in the US these are the only cottons I would buy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While I'm happy to lash out on makeup and skin care, I'm also inherently cheap about certain things - baby shampoo instead of more costly brush cleaners, for example, and drugstore/Costco cotton circles for toner, polish remover, etc. I know of these squares from Shiseido but didn't think they could be so different as to justify their price. But I got a box of these as part of an awesome GWP and was immediately sold on them for my face care. I was also pleasantly surprised to learn that a huge package of these is "only" $11 CDN. which is not nearly as expensive as I thought they would be. To make them even more economical, you can cut them in half to make them go further (I sometimes do this if I'm just removing a bit of smudged mascara).

Others have described well how soft these squares are and how they don't disintegrate or tear apart or leave bits of fluff or lint on your face or around your eyes. And they don't soak up as much product (toner, Bioderm or eye makeup remover) as ordinary flat cotton discs/circles seem to do so in the long run, they may actually be a saving since you're not wasting expensive product. They are so soft and don't have any sharp or angular edges so they are that much better for use in removing eye makeup when you need to get really close to the rims of your eyes.

I wouldn't waste these for removing nail polish but for toners and eye makeup remover, these are just the nicest cotton pads I've ever tried. They feel like a nice bit of gentle luxury.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 10:17:00 AM More reviews by erikanicole76

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Ladies, these are amazing!
Let me tell you how annoying it is to try and remove eye makeup with cotton balls and other wipes/pads and they leave half of the cotton/product stuck to your face. With these, that doesnt happen at all. They leave no residue behind at all and I was immediately SOLD!

I heard about these here on MUA and figured I would give it a shot. Dont get me wrong I was a tad skeptical thinking "now what is all the hype behind these, and cotton pads/balls are simply that.. nothing major, right".... WRONG! I find that I use less makeup remover, toner, etc. They are so soft, wipe the eyes and face clean, toner just glides on, and they are really gentle on the skin. You dont have to scrub your face at all with these like you would with cotton balls.

Ive even included some as "extras" in a few of my swaps here on MUA and the ladies have written me thanking me for their newly found addiction to the facial cottons,.. (Ooopps, sorrrryyyyy) LOL!!!

Only negative.. the price! When I purchased mine they were 9.00 online for a pack of 100 I think, but I have seen them listed at 11.00 also! Thats ridiculous, but I will say its totally worth it. If you are deciding if you should try these, I say GO FOR IT! If you and a friend want to go half on a package and split them, I would try that first as opposed to just going out and buying a full package and you arent really sure about them. ... but in my opinion, you wont find anything else out there like these!!!! I HIGHLY recommend them!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Osarr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best cotton pad to remove make up. Better used with liquid cleansers as it frays with oils.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Imagine using delicate angel's wings to apply product to your face, and that is the equivalent of using the Shiseido facial cotton. I save these luxurious cotton squares to apply my P50, because the cost of that is so absurd I need to save every drop that I can. And these definitely help me in that quest. There's no linty residue, the cotton pads don't rip and soak through when using toner, and they don't have the scratchy, sharp edges that cotton rounds sometimes do. All in all, these are complete perfection, and while a luxury ($$$), they're worth it. If you have expensive toners or liquid products that you apply to your face, these are a must!

I would repurchase, and I always have a pack of these on hand, as they are like none other. But I still use the cheap-o cotton rounds for nail polish removal; I don't want to waste my delicate Shiseido squares on anything other than my face.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Dancingfool09

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these cotton pads for over 10 years. I've tried cheaper ones many times but always go back to these, They leave no lint or residue on the face. They save on the quantity of product you are using with them and lets face it (pun intended) the product is usually much more expensive than the cotton pads! I will always use Shiseido Facial Cotton.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My skin is so sensitive and everytime I removed my eye makeup with drugstore cotton pads I ended up with bright red rings around my entire eye area. I wasn't scrubbing at my eyes or anything, even the lightest touch with regular cotton was just painful and felt too rough. I use a Shu cleansing oil a lot but when I want to use my Cle de Peau remover (which I love) it was just wasted on those pads.

I can't believe it took me so long to discover these. I can't do without them now and they're a staple in my skincare routine. They're soft, durable, thick, and like others have mentioned, they really help reduce product waste. I use about half the amount of makeup remover with these cottons than I did with regular cotton. Also I was going through four or five of the regular cottons because they just don't hold up well with rubbing etc., so they were getting wasted as well. I only need one of these cottons for both eyes and the occasional lipstick/lipgloss removal.

These have made a remarkable difference for me. I no longer have redness or stinging around my eyes, and I don't have to repurchase my expensive makeup removers as often. They're expensive considering it's a disposable facial cotton but for me they're worth every penny just so I don't have to dread removing my makeup every night. Highly recommend if you have sensitive skin.