January 28, 2015 | 896 users online

Blush - MAC - Dollymix

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by crickett85

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MAC Dollytone is a really, really bright pink in the pan. It looks kind of scarey, like it's going to look cheap on you. but it doesn't. And, with my twilight bright white skintone, this shade actually looked pretty awesome. It's kind of sheer unless you just keep loading it on. It looks nice. So why did I give it 4 lippies? Well, like most powder blushes, it started to look dry on my cheeks after about an hour. It looked dry even though I had used a good moisturizer and then my usual routine of a little glycerin based lotion and my usual BB cream.
So, you would think I'd give it 5 lippies because I know that I have dry skin and experience problems using a powder blush. No can do, because I can use the powder blush in my Too Faced Glamour to Go II Pocket Palette, using the same skin routine, and I have hours of wear with no blush settling into any pores or fine lines or creasing into fine wrinkles when I smile.
So, I figure, if Too Faced can come up with a powder blush that I can use on my dry skin then surely MAC can; especially when I just paid almost as much for that blush as I paid at Sephora for the WHOLE Too Faced Pocket Palette.
Well, I was swapping with a nice MUAer and was already sending her a new Smashbox blush. But I had been held up shipping and she had been incredibly nice about it, so, noting on her wishlist that she likes bright blushes, I think that she will be really pleased with the extra that I threw in with her swap.
And, for excellent colour, great pigmentation and wearability if you do NOT have very dry skin, 4 lippies and recommended...IF you don't have VERY dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by misstaryn08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

im nc45 and I love this blush. i can see this working for many skin tones but prob not much darker than mine. it is a fresh girly wearable pink. the shimmer is very subtle and flattering without looking glittery. this blends beautifully. i will buy again and again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by monroebrooklyn81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I own this color and it is ok,not my favorite but a great pink,not super bright though,more matte..I would buy again mabe

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been dying to get my hands on dollymix for so long. I already have a ton of pink blushes, but none like this cool hot pink with shimmer blush. I have to say I was disappointed. To be fair, I'm suffering from a bad bout of acne, and dollymix just accentuates every pore and every flaw on my cheeks. Overlooking that aspect (which is more my skin's fault than anything), I think it was a little too cool for my skin. It just didn't look quite right. I didn't expect it to look natural as it's very bright, but it looked way too unnatural on me. I think this looks the best with tan or darker skin, but that's just me. As I've gotten older I've started to appreciate nude shades more, so this was just not for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Hautest

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have wanted to try a pink blush for years, but was afraid it would look ridiculous on my slighter darker than NC45 complexion. Dollymix is pink perfection. It's a sheertone, so the color is not as intense as it appears in the pan. However, a super soft blush brush and a light hand are recommended. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this pink blush and have repurchased. It's my staple 'pink' blush, when I want to wear pink on my cheeks and unsure which one to choose I always reach for this. Gives the perfect medium pink with a slightly shimmery glow, but be warned this is one pigmented blush and a little will go a long way.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by bululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really love this blush, it's a great shade of blue based intense pink, quite scary in the pan but truly beautiful if applied with a light hand and blended properly. I've a light olive tan complexion, Chanel B50, and I find this blush offset the yellow undertone in my skin "picking it up" and bringing it to life. So versatile with a smoky eye or a red lip. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by cynthiaann95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first MAC blush and I am so impressed!
It's a nice medium pink, very pigmented and it's buildable. The price was alot more than I'm used to paying but Im very happy with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by SweetManiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have very pale skin but it matches perfectly. I use it to create a dolly look. It also stays the whole day even without foundation.
Only "problem" is, that it is a very intensive color, so it happens easily that you put a bit too much on your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 2:41:00 AM More reviews by missmanic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Gives me a beautiful pink glow. Love!