April 20, 2014 | 1236 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Blankety

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2013 2:19:00 AM More reviews by olia041983

It's just unflattering on the lips. Plus amplified lipsticks from Mac are drying and I hate that feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 9:52:00 PM More reviews by broadwaybeauty17

I am so excited to be reviewing this product! I have literally been craving MAC Blankety for months now, and am so happy to finally have gone out and purchased it! I had been wanting a nude colored lipstick for everyday. I am pretty pale with dark brown eyes and brown hair, and lots of nudes that I tried on at Sephora were just too orangey and they just looked odd. So I redirected my research to focus on finding a more pinky-nude. I came across Blankety in a video, and thought it looked beautiful. I continued doing research, and decided to get it.
I finally found time (and $) to go to MAC, tried it on for the first time, loved it, and walked out with my new favorite lipstick.
It is a dirty blue-beige, pinky nude. Slight blue undertones are what I find is what is most flattering on me, and helps the nude effect not to look so orangey or flat. It's softly pink as well, and the combo of nude/pink is beautiful! I cannot describe how perfect it is for everyday!!
The consistency is very nice: it is quite pigmented, applies smoothly, and stays on all day (not that I mind doing touch-ups!). It dries more matte rather than shiny, but is not extreme in either way: just soft and natural.
If you are considering purchasing this, you definitely should! I hope everyone loves it as much as I do!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/29/2013 6:44:00 AM More reviews by AlliAma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this lipstick!! Makes me look dead!! Orrible!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My lips are naturally red so I usually buy lipsticks that are nude to tone them down.

This is a good lipstick that you could use to play with another lip liner to customize a unique colour. On it's own, it could be chalky and your lips better be in good condition or else it'll clump unattractively all over!

For my lazier days (no lip liner) where I still want to look polished, I put Blankety on and then a sheer bronze lipgloss on top paired with some smokey eyeliner. The creamy formulation of MAC is pretty good considering other lipsticks from other lines (NARS, for example) are drier in consistency and not as moisturizing.

Of course, you can always tone down your lips with lipbalm and light dabbing of regular concealer on lips (gak! it can look chalky but you have to take the time to make it look right). But for lazy girls like me who want nude lips fast, Blankety does the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Lilymon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Just got this and I love it. So creamy my lips are very dry but with this lippy I don't have to worry about them. Color is a nice nude slightly pink. One of my favorites now. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 7:00:00 AM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an nc15-nc20 and this lipstick does not wash me out its more of a brown/beige nude with a slight pink tone I usually go for more pinky nudes but i love the colour it looks slightly mauve on me I love application of this lipstick its so creamy I prefer amplified over cremesheen as its more moisturising I find

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Nice pinky nude. Feels nice on the lips, not drying. I'm NC15 and sometimes I need to use a colored gloss over top so I don't look washed out. Looks great paired with smoky eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2013 9:00:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

Total HG!!! My bullet at 1/3 height and I already have 3 backups.I only go for nude, subtle pink. Blankety works brillantly on my lips (my lip but way better). I dun even need a mirror for touchup.

Asian
NC20-25

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 11:37:00 PM More reviews by GraceMcC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This my go-to nude, everyday, MLBB lipstick. I'm fair but on the warmer side (NC20). I'm fairly picky about what nudes lipstick I like to wear and this is the top for me. It was a very slight pink undertone which is what I look for in a nude lipstick. It's an "amplified" finish so the color payoff is great. A great dupe for this I've recently discovered is Loreal Colour Riche lipstick in "Fairest Nude"

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by glitter65

This is def a beautiful nude beige with slight pink undertones, not peachy at all to me. I have dark hair, green eyes and tanned skin and needed a nude lipstick to compliment a smoky eye. Not something that looked like a concealer or a white out look mind you. This is my HG nude lip look. I paired it with stripdown liner and sinnamon gloss and it is the look I was searching high and low for. I love the texture of the lipstick as well, very creamy and forgiving of cracks and not drying. For reference I have used everything from EL, Lancome, Merle Norman, Nars, Christian Dior and this is my pick.. I see myself investing in further lipcolors from MAC, at $14 it's not much more than drug store brands.