July 30, 2014 | 1032 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Estee Lauder - Verite Special Eye Care

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by lawschoolnerd1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite eye product. It doesn't irritate my eyes or give me milia, but it is still thick enough moisturize all day. I can even put concealer over top of it during the day without any problems. I don't have a great deal of wrinkles and my main concern is hydration, and this offers great hydration. It has also helped reduce puffiness. I also like that it is in a tube, which preserves the integrity of the product better than a jar. You only need a small amount of this product, so the tube lasts a long time. I don't know why this eye cream isn't more popular, because it is a great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Icaria

UPDATE: WOULD NOT CONSIDER DUE TO ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET 17/02/2012 Just got this product and love it. I am not expecting any miracles, but it absorbes fast so I can apply make up right after and the eye area feels very smoothe. Will alternate with Clinique All About Eyes. It is expensive but you need very little. Plus the tube keeps the product germ free.
Edit: After using this for several months, I can now say that this just a bland nothing to write home about moisturizer. The good thing is that it dosen't cause milia. Way overpriced. Almost $20 more than Clinique's AAE gel wich is probably a very similar formula. Will not buy again like I originaly thought.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by V7vivid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best product I have used so far to keep eye area hydrating and very smooth for sensitive eyes!! Strong recom!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:14:00 PM More reviews by fourtyandfabulous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This eye treatment is great for sensitive eyes. I have tried many eye creams (treatments) in the past including N.V. Perricone Vit. C Ester, Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex, Dermaglow Nuvectin Advanced Eye Therapy, Kinerase Intensive Eye Cream, Clinique All About Eyes Rich, Dremu oil, Neostrata, there are probably more. Most eye creams irritate my eyes by either drying them out or making them red. I have found that Verite is really gentle. I think that it is important to use fragrance free products whether you have sensitive skin or not, especially around the eye area. So far, I only apply the eye cream at night, as I've heard many makeup artists say that you shouldn't apply eye creams during the day, as you'll develop racoon eyes from the mascara, as most eye creams are rich in emollients. Maybe if your eye cream contains a proven SPF, or if your foundation contains SPF, it would be okay. Although most eye treatment products do not contain sunscreen, because you don't need a product with sunscreen in the evening. I believe that there are no miracle eye treatment products that address all issues such as dark circles, wrinkles, puffiness, etc. Getting proper rest, drinking lots of water, eating a good diet, elevating your head while sleeping, and limiting salt intake are probably your best defences. Not to mention, that applying a proven sunscreen (everyday) is our best wrinkle fighter. As for crow's feet, Botox is most likely the best solution for that. Finding an eye cream that works for you, is simply trial and error. What I really like about Verite, is that it moisturizes, without being greasy. When I apply the Verite, it firms the under eye area, without tightening or drying it out. My eye area looks smooth and refreshed. Not to mention the tube is hygienic, I don't like dipping my fingers or applicator wands into those little pots. I recently purchased the product from The Bay for $50, which isn't cheap, but if it doesn't irritate my eyes, I believe it justifies the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Emma007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am an avid consumer. After extensive research, I learned that Estee Lauder owns the very expensive and over priced Lamer products. Paula Begone also examined the ingrediants in both of these lines and many others. She rated this as an excellent eye cream for a reasonable price. I agree!! I have tried multiple products and this is exceptional.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 5:10:00 AM More reviews by BSchrews

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Does not sting under my eyes or make my under eye area red. I have used other eye creams before and had to have steroid shots due to allergic reactions. Does not ball up under makeup and helps my concealer from getting into fine lines. Not holding out for a miracle but so far, so good!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Was lemming this eye creme for a while but something was stopping me from buying it. Perhaps lack of reviews (there are surprisingly not so many on makeupalley).
Have been using it for the past 3 weeks and could not be happier. It's all I've been looking for in an eye creme: moisturizing yet not overly greasy, no perfume, tube packaging, inexpensive (considering that it's HE). Wish there would also be a version with SPF but well... It'll very likely become my HG. I'll update after using it for a couple of months.
Update: okay, here it the update I've promissed. I am still pleased with it and it does moisturize well, however I can not use in in the morning because if I don't apply enough I get flaky skin and if I apply just about enough I have to really blend out my foundation&concealer (they concentrate in the areas where the creme has been applied) as the creme needs some time to get absorbed and I don't have that much time in the morning. But still find it a perfect choice for my evening routine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2008 1:12:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had high hopes when I first tried this eye cream. However, after having used Verite Special Eye Care for some time I've come to the realization that it's just an ordinary eye cream. It does not provide enough moisturize for my, in the winter time, very dry skin. I have a dry patch just under the brow and this cream does not provide enough moisture to "heal" the dry patch. However, if you have normal skin this eye cream would probably work for you.

I like the texture and the fact that it is pretty much unscented. But I wouldn't repurchase this cream since it is not moisturizing enough for me. My search for the perfect eye cream has not come to an end, unfortunately. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:32:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

UPDATE (April 2010): Sadly, I've come to the realization that this eye cream has been contributing to some lower eyelid dermatitis. I believe the culprit is pentylene glycol which just this year appeared on my radar as one of my potential triggers. It does have the potential for contact dermatitis. Obviously, I would no longer repurchase. ORIGINAL REVIEW: Been using this eyecream for about two weeks and I give it an A+++. Excellent, hydrating eyecream that's emollient but doesn't contribute to milia (I'm dry but quite milia prone.). Estee Lauder was never on my radar screen since I assumed that all EL skincare was fragranced. Thanks to kylesmom and Trishamarie for their reviews. I knew that if it worked for them, it could work for me. ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by kylesmom27

This is a wonderful eye cream for sensitive eyes like mine. I've used it off and on for years but have recently gone back due to eye irritations. It's in a squeeze tube which is a huge plus, I can't stand dipping into pots or tubs. It's a smooth non-greasy cream that glides on and soothes.

INGREDIENTS: water, glyceryl polymethacrylate, petrolatum, polyethylene, pentylene glycol, oat kernal extract, yast extrach, sea whip extract, hudrocotul extract, cholesterol, green tea leaf extract, PTFE, isocetyl alcohol, hudrogenated lecithin, linoleic acid, butylene glycol, glycine, tetrahydroxypropyl ethylenediamine, carbomer, glycerin, stearic acid, sodium chloride, acrylamides, copolymer, acrylic acid/acrylonitrogens copolymer, disodium edta

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No