October 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2009 7:39:00 PM More reviews by fireflyglow

Hmmm... I wish I could say this is HG, but it wasn't for me. Don't get me wrong, it's definitely great. The bar itself is cute, simple, and totally easy to use (I haven't any issues with it slipping out of my hands yet, either). And the lather is creamy and feels fantastic. But unfortunately it fades easily, and I have to use the soap up much more quickly. I had a bar to use in the shower, and I think between the two of us, my bf and I used it up in a week and a half! My biggest gripe? I can barely smell it! Where's the wonderful, clean, light honey scent that everyone else had? I want that! I can barely smell anything at all. I will buy it again though. I'm giving it a total of four lippies because, quite frankly, I haven't had a soap moisturize this well. I just want it to smell like something!

***************************************************************************

ETA: I must've just been unlucky with the first few bars I'd ordered. I can definitely smell a subtle, sweet milky scent. I've been using this almost exclusively for the past few months. When I used a different bar soap (I ran out of these, and I have to order them online -- oh, and for those worried about the price, I get them for just over three bucks on Vitacost), I realized that I didn't have that same 'clean' feeling as I get with the Buttermilk soap... and that I missed the scent as well. Upping to five lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by carbonbased82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best bar of soap ever!
Luxurious, sweet-smelling, moisturizing, gentle - perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by GutterGeisha

Best bar soap, ever....
I use this to remove my makeup and the occasional regular face washing in the shower (if I opt to not use the body wash instead). It doesn't dry me out even a little and has a mild, pleasant smell.
The bar is actually round and has a silky texture. I bought one bar at around $5.00 and it last me about 4 months. But I did only use it maybe twice a day, solely on my face. I've never used it to wash my body, mainly to conserve this precious, expensive little bar of fun. As gross as it sounds, I found myself scooping the residual soap from the dish once the bar was pretty much gone...I wanted all $5.00 worth of this gem.
I'm glad I DID make it last as long as I did, since now I can't find the friggen thing anywhere. Target (OF COURSE) discontinued it and I haven't even seen it at Walgreens lately. I did happen to spot some at a grocery store about 30 miles away while visiting some family, but I had already bought a replacement soap and opted to just make a mental note to spend another 10 bucks in gas to buy a $5.00 bar of soap once the current one is used up. I am such an idiot sometimes, I swear. ::Sigh::
Anywho, a fantastic bar soap. Even though it's quite pricey, it did manage to last awhile and not suck all the moisture out of my face and hands after each use. I just wish I had a better time finding it :( .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 10:43:00 AM More reviews by syeung2

I'm normally not a sucker for "natural" products, but I do like Burt's Bees in general and I like to splurge a little on the baby :) This soap lathers up easily and rinses away easily - great when baby tries to wriggle out of your hands during bathtime. I don't have to spend too much time soaping baby up or rinsing repeatedly, so this minimizes bathtime and drying out baby's skin during the whole process. Baby's skin feels clean and soft afterwards, not dry or tight. The lather has a gentle, pleasing aroma. After toweling off, the scent is very subtle and barely noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:23:00 AM More reviews by lotusgrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This soap is a staple in my household. Its gentle and smells sweet and natural. It doesnt dry out skin and has a nice "slip" to it. It also lathers up well. I bought it for my baby but I use it too ( she doesnt mind too much! ) It makes her skin smell even more dreamy after bathtime. Ill continue to buy this even after she grows up. I just wish it was a different shape and could fit easily in a soap dish. It invariably gets left in a pool of water on the side of the tub, gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:20:00 PM More reviews by niasmith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smells great and gets me clean, And non-irritating(which is most important to me) not as moisturizing as i would have liked but the buttermilk lotion with this is a lovely combination, a little pricey but definately worth it. however i just switched over to this soap so i will update in a couple of weeks

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Got this for my baby nieces. Its perfect for them. Im trying to get thier mom to use only burts bees cause normal products make the girls break out in hives. No matter what product, as long as there's chemicals they make em sick. This smells lucious and its creamy. Best of all, it doesnt hurt my girls!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2008 10:44:00 AM More reviews by crihai

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This not a bad soap, but it has a plastiky smell and I find Badger soaps to be way better, in terms of texture, smell and moisturizing qualities. I also adore the Akamuti baby soap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2007 8:49:00 PM More reviews by ParisTroika

I love this soap. I'm NOT a bar soap fan in the least, there are only three bar soaps I'll use, and two are from the Baby Bee line (the other is the solid shampoo bar, which I use after the gym for extra clean-y goodness). The scent is heavenly, just as any other Baby Bee product. I have very hard water and when I use this it helps moisturize my skin and I'm not itchy at all. I initially bought the starter kit (a GREAT way to try the line) and have used the soap every day. I just bought a full bar. I adore it! And I love how natural it is, only a handful of ingredients. Very highly recommended!!! I can't believe I'm raving about a bar soap! (I'm normally a shower gel/wash gal!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 1:49:00 PM More reviews by playkitty911

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm on the fence about whether I'd buy this product again or not. Don't get me wrong, I love Burt's Bees, but this product doesn't seem to blow me away. It smells lovely, of course, but it leaves my skin tight and dry. I thought it would be more moisturizing. I'll still use it up though, but I'm not sure if I'd buy it again just for the scent. There are other things in the Baby Bee line I'm more impressed with.