September 30, 2014 | 1768 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by Carawalters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Tbh, i have horrible acne, cystic and just unimaginable. I have no dermatologists near to the place i live so i looked up on the internet and found out that honey can cure acne, let me tell you one thing, YES IT SERIOUSLY DOES. Ive been using it as a face mask after i clean my face with a bar soap (specific ones for your face) using warm water,i left it on for 30 minutes and washed it off with warm water and then washed my face again with cold water to close the pores. For the first week, it made my face smooth with no bumps ! And my cystic acne also disappeared ! Now im only treating my red acne marks since i have no more acne...and i only get acne cos of my hormones. Just use honey continously and DONT GIVE UP. Good things take time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by chelletron

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using honey on my face as a mask for almost 6 years now.
I buy the raw organic honey - put it on for 20 minutes in the morning.. then when I shower scrub it off with organic sugar. It really is the best scrub ever. I don't understand why people still buy face masks & scrubs full of harmful chemicals coming from god knows what factory. Just go to your local farmers market and support the individual rather than the industry !

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

With all the creams i tried for my sensitive skin,honey is the best moisturizing calming thing for it.I always use it after i wet my face with water.Always on a wet face!Otherwise it's difficult to spread and will not sink in.I use it mostly for cleaning my face and at night as a moisturizer,or as a face mask mixed with white clay.Even mix it with my hair conditioner.Never thought my skin would ever feel this comfortable,moisturized and firm.Amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Please patch test before trying out the honey mask! While it did help tremendously once to reduce swelling, I was so red after I washed it off (by the way, this stuff washes off with no trouble at all, it's not sticky like you think it would be) that it didn't go away for 30 minutes. No pain, just irritated and red skin. Test before using it just to be safe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honey is wonderful! I like to mix it with crushed aspirin to make a face mask. The aspirin exfoliates, and the honey balances out the acid with its cleaning and moisturizing properties. It's also great just by itself as a face mask. Honestly, there's no need to spend money on exfoliating or hydrating masks from the store when honey works so well. It's been saving me money (and god knows how many blemishes) for three years and counting. I bet you have a bottle of it in your kitchen right now -- go ahead and try it! What do you have to lose?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I used honey as a mask and as a face wash but I didn't see any improvement. I love honey, I have been eating it for years and I use it a lot in the kitchen and I am quite dissapointed it didn't work for my skin. It didn't give me blackheads or pimples but it left my skin a bit dry. So I won't be using it soon, maybe when summer comes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by clearasday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used honey a couple of times mixed with lime and sugar as an exfoliating scrub. It seemed to work okay for me and was happy with the results. But I unknowingly purchased another brand of honey. I tried this on and OMGEE!! I broke out terribly. Huge zits on my face that very night and took a lot to calm them down, from antibiotics to benzoyl peroxide treatment. Rest assured will not be experimenting with honey again as I do not know from which region and flower the honey has been sourced from.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Tastes great!!! Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by martylayne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

thank you bees!

I love honey. I have acne-prone skin, so I am very cautious about what I put on it. My goal is to fade my acne scars and prevent any new blemishes. I try to use honey twice a week, and when I do, my complexion is brighter, more even, and my acne scars appear to be lighter. Honey also does a wonderful job at making the current blemishes heal faster.

What's also great about honey is that it is safe to use for all skin types. It is moisturizing and won't clog pores.

How I use the honey mask:

-wash face with soap and water
-apply medium layer of honey over entire face using fingers, avoid eye area
-wait about two hours, then rinse off with warm water
-pat dry, apply moisturizer

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by 1nov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love honey masks .. I used to mix honey and yogurt and leave it on my face for 20 minutes .. It was good for fighting acne .. my dermatologist told me to use this recipe and It was working great .. Then I was lazy and forgot all about natural skin care .. I watched a video on youtube about turmeric mask and I thought why not trying this .. A month ago I started to use manuka honey with yogurt and I add a little sandalwood powder and turmeric .. I put this mixture on my face for 20 _ 30 minutes and I can see a difference .. my skin feels soft and healthy .. I recommend it to everyone especially if you suffer from acne .. Good luck 👍