September 2, 2014 | 1422 users online

Treatments (Face) - Honey

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Honey is wonderful! I like to mix it with crushed aspirin to make a face mask. The aspirin exfoliates, and the honey balances out the acid with its cleaning and moisturizing properties. It's also great just by itself as a face mask. Honestly, there's no need to spend money on exfoliating or hydrating masks from the store when honey works so well. It's been saving me money (and god knows how many blemishes) for three years and counting. I bet you have a bottle of it in your kitchen right now -- go ahead and try it! What do you have to lose?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I used honey as a mask and as a face wash but I didn't see any improvement. I love honey, I have been eating it for years and I use it a lot in the kitchen and I am quite dissapointed it didn't work for my skin. It didn't give me blackheads or pimples but it left my skin a bit dry. So I won't be using it soon, maybe when summer comes.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by clearasday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used honey a couple of times mixed with lime and sugar as an exfoliating scrub. It seemed to work okay for me and was happy with the results. But I unknowingly purchased another brand of honey. I tried this on and OMGEE!! I broke out terribly. Huge zits on my face that very night and took a lot to calm them down, from antibiotics to benzoyl peroxide treatment. Rest assured will not be experimenting with honey again as I do not know from which region and flower the honey has been sourced from.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 10:43:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Tastes great!!! Will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by martylayne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

thank you bees!

I love honey. I have acne-prone skin, so I am very cautious about what I put on it. My goal is to fade my acne scars and prevent any new blemishes. I try to use honey twice a week, and when I do, my complexion is brighter, more even, and my acne scars appear to be lighter. Honey also does a wonderful job at making the current blemishes heal faster.

What's also great about honey is that it is safe to use for all skin types. It is moisturizing and won't clog pores.

How I use the honey mask:

-wash face with soap and water
-apply medium layer of honey over entire face using fingers, avoid eye area
-wait about two hours, then rinse off with warm water
-pat dry, apply moisturizer

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by 1nov

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love honey masks .. I used to mix honey and yogurt and leave it on my face for 20 minutes .. It was good for fighting acne .. my dermatologist told me to use this recipe and It was working great .. Then I was lazy and forgot all about natural skin care .. I watched a video on youtube about turmeric mask and I thought why not trying this .. A month ago I started to use manuka honey with yogurt and I add a little sandalwood powder and turmeric .. I put this mixture on my face for 20 _ 30 minutes and I can see a difference .. my skin feels soft and healthy .. I recommend it to everyone especially if you suffer from acne .. Good luck 👍

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by maileymc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this on a daily basis for about a year now and I love this! To remove my makeup, I use Cleanse off oil and that can be very drying especially during winter times. So after that, I wash any residue on my face with honey and then apply it as a mask. I keep the honey on my face for a minimum of 30 mins. I admit it's VERY sticky and can get on clothes but when I wash it off, my face doesn't have dry patches nor isn't peeling. It's definitely worth it. The stickyness easily comes off with a damp towel so it's not big deal. I also use it as a morning cleanser too! I loveeeee this and will forever use this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by OhKitsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love honey masks. I use them once a day, afternoon if I am not working or night if I work.

After cleansing, I would apply a thin layer of cold raw honey mixed with little lemon juice on my face and let it be from 30 mins to 2 hours. My skin feels soft and smooth after washing and honey is so easy to wash off! With the aid of the lemon, it helps to keep acne off and slowly fades scars.

So far I've not had breakouts caused by honey but be sure to use raw honey and only apply a thin layer! Try not to be in a heaty place as it melts easily and can cause a mess.

I've oily/combi and acne-prone skin and I swear by honey as a natural (but slow) way to treat and upkeep your skin. It does require diligence but it makes your skin feel very healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Fridaymarch

I just try it under my eyes. It works not bad

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by MollyElise

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried honey on my face and was not impressed.

HOWEVER, Honey for dry lips? AWESOME! Honey does a great job exfoliating and moisturizing chapped lips. Of course it also tastes delicious which is a big plus when you are putting a product on your lips.