April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sea Enzyme Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by nemequittepas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This scrub is GREAT for sensitive skin. Most exfoliating products are so rough on my skin that I approach them with a benefits-risks attitude.

I can use this scrub daily without redness, tightness or irritation, which is simply amazing to me! And it does the job. My skin feels soft and I can actually see the difference its made in my complexion.

I bought this after returning from vacation with huge pimples, flakiness and a pretty rough exterior. Transformed my skin in just two days along with the Sea Renewal Cream. I now use this at night after taking off makeup with a wipe. I use a more gentle cleanser for combination skin in the morning.

Wish it were a pump, though. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by moole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This scrub is very gentle, it has particles but not as big and sharp as other products - comparing to the St Ives Green tea scrub that I have, the St Ives is more harsh.
So to say, this scrub leaves a fresh, healthy (the full-of-water kind of healthy), no firming-tight feeling on my face. In one word, it feels heavenly.
For those who have normal to oily skin I think this scrub is a bit too gentle, I think it's more suited for combo to dry skin as it doesn't seem to strip off oil that much, so I would use this one in the winter where my skin is dry on the cheek and I need to keep my face well moisturized. Love it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by cnovacek

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this scrub. I've been using it for several years now, two or three times a week. I like a more rough-type scrub for my skin to get it really smooth and this scrub fits the bill nicely. Most other scrubs that I've tried weren't abrasive enough for me. My skin feels super smooth after each use. As long as they keep making this stuff, I'll keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

My initial reaction: Whoa, this stuff really works. I normally just use everyday scrubs from Neutrogena or St. Ives, and those don't come close to what this scrub can do.

This scrub is full of fine, small "beads", which makes it feel much more effective at getting off dead skin than St. Ives scrubs with the giant (but sparse) beads. After working it in circular motions across my face for a few minutes, I ended up with wonderfully smooth, warm, and flushed skin. I was impressed that this scrub didn't make my skin feel super tight or dried out like other cleansers/scrubs. I THINK there is a faint smell in there somewhere, but it doesn't bother me since I'm trying not to inhale suds anyhow. Overall, I love this scrub!!

NOTE: Despite how healthy it is, this scrub is meant to take off layers of dead skin, so it really should NOT be used to every day. (I'm going to stick to using it once a week.) I would caution those with acne to use a very light hand when using this product, since it kind of rubs/hurts any part of your skin that isn't flat like the rest of your face.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by liliesandsunshine

This is a wonderful scrub. It is not overly harsh on the face but not a wimpy product either-massage gently for several minutes and you can feel your skin softening and becoming squeaky clean. I use it once to twice a week and it's been great so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by shannon02013

I bought this at a drugstore buyout for about $3, and man it's worth so much more! I love this brand. The scrub was a very gentle exfoliator yet still did its job. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who has sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Nessachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite masks. I use this mask at least three times a week. The smell isn't too overpowering and the tingly sensation isn't too uncomfortable. This is a product I can feel working. I use it three nights a week and wake up to smooth skin. Would totally buy again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this scrub the first time today and I quite liked it. Before I used it I had flaky skin on my forehead but after I scrubbed with this the flaky skin on my fore head went away. I'm on the search for a gentle exfoliator because my skin is extremely sensitive and very dry. Alba sea enzyme scrub did not leave my skin feeling tight or drier. I like the scent but it might be to perfume-y for people who don't like that type of thing.

I will give an update after I've used it for a month.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by pisces31919

This is the perfect facial scrub!!! No big chunky grains that can damage your skin. Very fine grains that actually exfoliate your skin. Leaves skin fresh ansd smooth. I'm definately looking foward to trying their entire line of products!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 10:01:00 AM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this scrub. It is fine grade so as not to "tear up" your face and this makes it a gentle scrub. It has a very mild smell and feels good when you apply it. You can immediately see a difference after using it. I use this at least once a week and it has lasted me a long time.