April 17, 2014 | 1067 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by shellieseas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have purchased this several times. I have been a Jan Marini fan, but when I am out of C-esta I rely on this. I have oily skin, but I can wear this under makeup or sunscreen without issues. I like the scent. It doesn't bother me. It is extremely lightweight and doesn't feel heavy. Overall, this helps keep my skin calm and clear with even skin tones. The small bottle lasts a long time, and I use this on a daily basis. It costs around $40 so it's reasonable. I would recommend this to those of us over 35 with any skin type (dry, oily, combo, normal).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

I've been using this for almost 2 months only in the evening. It gives my face a nice glow. I don't have a lot of wrinkles (yet) so I don't know how this would work on them. For me I just like the glow it gives and the extra moisturing before bed. The price is pretty reasonable as well compared to many other serum in the market. I would buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/28/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by DarkHorseRising

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HORRIBLE! After 2 weeks I had a face full of blackheads, whiteheads, and pimples. This was the only new product in my skincare routine. I discontinued use and my face cleared up almost completely in 2 days. Enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by jtg1968

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Advertised as a "facial firming serum," this does exactly what it says, albeit not overnight. It took close to a full bottle before I noticed results. I am now on my third, and on auto-ship to avoid ever being without. What it is: a lightweight, super-absorbing, hydrating, antioxidant-packed serum that is wonderful for restoring balance and elasticity. Packaged in a dark brown bottle with a dropper, ingredients are sure to remain stable--unlike creams in a jar, which compromise integrity by exposure to light and air. What it is not: there is no retinol, hydroquinone or exfoliants in this, so you will not erase wrinkles, freckles, acne or dull skin by using only this serum. However, using it consistently will likely prevent all of these things from occurring. It's the only moisturizer I use in the morning, and the first thing on my face in the evening. Since adding WHINE to my skin care regimen, my husband has said more than once: "You look younger today." Good enough for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 2:44:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 2 weeks now and have not seen any results yet. I use it at night with my moisturizer and and in the morning with my sunscreen. I also mix it with the Philosophy Vitamin C Booster Powder. It says on the bottle to use 3-4 drops every time but I have been using it for only 2 weeks and I am already half way empty. Will I even get to see results before it runs out?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by labornurse

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy grail to brighten oily skin. Love this lightweight serum. Weightless and soothing. Will rebuy again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by RussetBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is HG status for me. Never in my life have I had my skin so smooth and clear. It's a little pricey but lasts a while and is worth it. My skintone is now even, smooth, and my pores... what pores? I mix this with their Vitamin C powder for extra benefits for my skin. Can't say enough good things about this product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 6:36:00 AM More reviews by Nina_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I got this as part of the Makeup Optional kit, and like the rest of the products, it's left me fairly underwhelmed. It feels quite nice when you put it on, I guess it's hydrating enough, but it just doesn't seem to do a lot for my skin. I used up nearly the whole bottle and I can't say that my skin looks any better than when I started using it, and if anything it has caused me to break out a little. For the price, I don't think this is anything special.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 3:16:00 AM More reviews by Jaded11885

I have very dry sensitive acne prone skin...I've been looking for the perfect products for my skin for a very long time. Thick moisturizes break my face out but the serum is amazing! Gets tacky for a sec before it completely sets on the skin then it's like your own skin. I still use with just a touch of hope in a jar when I feel extra dry. On my third bottle and my used to be crap skin is beautiful, supple, and super soft. Love it!!! Ps. 1 week isn't long enough to see dramatic results. It's a slow process but worth the wait. My skin has NEVER looked better!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 2:22:00 AM More reviews by rebemdee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't react badly to it, the smell wasn't offensive to me, I just didn't see any benefits. My skin didn't look radically better. I used it with hope in a jar, purity cleanser, and the eye cream, so I used the entire product line as recommended. I can't say it made my skin look any better or worse than the Oil of Olay Regenerist products I've been using. I didn't break out, there's no reason I can't use it, I just don't see any reason to use it when there are much cheaper alternatives.