April 24, 2014 | 1782 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2013 3:49:00 AM More reviews by laxgirl2332

This is a very good foundation for summer (the only time I'd repurchase this foundation). It's very water and sweat resistant (great for hot days, pools, activity), and has a very good amount of SPF in it. However, I also found the lasting power is an issue because it is very hard to get off of your skin (with make up wipes and a regular foaming cleanser). I had to use my clarisonic and a facial scrub to even come close to getting it off. I used to put the foundation on the back of my hand then apply it to my face. I could never get this foundation of my hand even when I scrubbed with soap and water. I couldn't believe how much this stuff resembled paint! It looks cakey, and catches out and highlights facial hair and bumps. Overall, It's a decent foundation and I probably wouldn't repurchase in till summer (if by chance I went to a very hot and humid location).

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by lilicansu

This is a very good foundation! It is very watery, i couldnt believe that that watery texture gives a really nice coverage. It looks very nice silky matte. It is a very long wearing one. It doesnt look like mask but i can say that it is almost full coverage. I am using sp20, in mac i am nc20 and in double wear i am 2n1 dessert beige. It matches my skin colour so well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by 0135007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Age...55 and over.....Fair skin....Hazel Eyes
I had been looking for a better foundation for quite awhile. I wanted coverage, but did not want it to look like I was wearing a ton of makeup. I have been using a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen for the last year, as a foundation. I do like it, but wanted a little more coverage. Plus, I have found the tinted moisturizer does rub off onto clothing rather easily. Ugh! I have tried the mineral foundations, and didn't really care for any of them.
Soooo.... I forget how I came across this foundation, but read the reviews here on makeup alley. I bought it this Monday, and LOVE IT!!!! Does not look like I have hardly any foundation on....it looks AWESOME and GREAT coverage!!!!
I use a vitamin C serum and another sunscreen under it. I abused my face in the sun when I was a teenager, and now cancerous cells keep surfacing. PLEASE if you love the sun, like I did, use somekind of sunscreen!!!!
Anyway.....LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation and will be using this from now on........

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lcosta42

I have combination skin, but live in a tropical country, therefore my skin tend to get super oily in summer. I've used this foundation on very hot days and very cold days as well, and I can say that it works beautifully on both. The only thing is that if you have dry skin or live somewhere cold you just need to apply a moisturizer underneath it and then you're good to go. The staying power is the best thing about this product... for me it seems that it only gets more "natural" on the skin throughout the day. The high SPF and the fact that it's waterproof do make spending some extra bucks on this worth! Overall, this is my everyday foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new makeup after a two week holiday on a Greek island, where my lancaster suncare got me really bronzed... My beloved D&G matte makeup was a bit on the pale side (though you could hardly tell: That thing really works no matter what, and frankly, I think I just needed an excuse to get a new makeup :-P
Anyway, I bought this in SP70 and it matches my skin colour perfectly - I could not believe it! I was very impressed also about the fact that it does not look cakey at all - really very impressed with that.
Now the verdict: I first applied it with my fingers, and I immediately noticed that I got the shine from the sunscreen - not good...I was a bit disappointed from this (and it didn't seem to last either) but I thought perhaps I should try using the sponge. God, what a difference! No shine at all, all you get is matte finish with the sponge! You couldn't tell I was wearing any make-up at all, I was really very pleased.
I am not too convinced about its staying power though. I think it doesn't work so much with Clinique's DDMG (I use the anti-blemish 3 Step) but when I use the anti-blemish moisturiser, it seems to last all day, which is good. I use a bit of powder on top - at first Jurlique's loose lavender powder which I noticed gives me an awful white cast and probably breaks me out too, and the last few weeks I am using Chanel's loose powder in no. 40 and it's a real dream...It looks really fantastic with this foundation!)
THE BOTTOM LINE: It lasts with the anti-blemish moisturiser on me, and I might need to use a bit of a primer (Clinique's pore refining instant perfector seems to do the trick) It doesn't seem to accentuate my pores more than what they are, but the most amazing thing is that it does not give me blackheads AT ALL. In fact, I think it actually clears my skin... I have to say I am impressed, perhaps not as much as I wanted in terms of staying power, but this is a really very good product, and I think I will be using it for quite a while (in fact I am using a bit of lancaster gradual self tan to be able to use this little thing a bit longer!)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by plumful

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry for the long review.

Okay. So I just bought this foundation and the lady who colour matched me at the store said I wouldn't want to go any lighter than the shade she had put on me. She applied it with a very light hand, and when I looked in the mirror, it seemed to blend pretty well, and when I went outside to look, the colour looked fine.

I was pretty desperate for a new foundation because right now I hate everything that I own (colorstay, double wear, sheer glow, clarins ever matte, studio sculpt). So I bought it on a bit of a whim. I live in New Zealand, so everything here is outrageously expensive. This was $70, though Shiseido was 10% off at the department store I was in. Even so, it was still expensive for a foundation. I have pretty bad acne scarring, so I'm willing to shell out extra money if it's going to help boost my confidence even a little bit.

Basically I really wanted to try this, so I rushed home to put it on. When I got home, I noticed the shade I'd been given was SP50. If you're familiar with this foundation, you'll know the shade selection is a little bit sparse, one of it's downfalls. SP50 is the 5th darkest shade, I would say it's better suited for medium skin tones. However I'm a pale red head, and for reference my shades are nw/nc15 in mac, buff in revlon colorstay, mont blanc in nars, and warm ivory in bobbi brown. I am far from a medium skin tone.

Regardless, I thought bugger it, the store has a no returns policy on any makeup items, so I figured I'd try it anyway.

This foundation is lovely. It's light. It glides right over my pores and any of my dry patches, and despite my oily t zone, it hasn't slid off my face in the last few hours. It's transfer resistant, which is a huge deal for me because I hate touching my face and finding my fingers covered in foundation. It dries to a nice semi-matte finish and I would say it's a medium coverage. I have terrible acne scarring which is impossible to cover up, but this reduces it's appearance immensely.

This is exactly the type of foundation I was looking for. One that looks like I'm not wearing any. Except there's one fatal flaw which makes it obvious that I am, and that's because my face looks totally orange.

This foundation is way too dark for me, and I think that is no ones fault but my own (and maybe the crazy lady who colour matched me). Even when I blended this down the neck, it was excruciatingly obvious that I was wearing foundation at least 2 shades too dark for me.

Alas, I cannot exchange this. Although I will be repurchasing this soon in a better colour, and probably from Nordstrom where it's almost half the price.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by littlekotties

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is, for me, a miracle in a bottle. So light but at the same time has incredible coverage. I was hesitant at first, as it was shiseido I thought even the lightest shade would be too dark or yellow but no it was perfect for my unbelievably pale Irish skin! Very liquidy but at the same time medium-full coverage. It is very buildable and creates a perfect satiny finish, I hate matte!! Nearly all makeup that give off a dewy look I found wear easily and don't hold but this is the first makeup besides ELDW that actually maintains beautifully on my skin. It doesn't go patchy and uneven like other foundations. The spf is an added bonus. It is also one of the few foundations to not break me out. Perfect. Its the only foundation that people constantly compliment me on, even my chinese bf who believes all makeup is toxic actually caved in and said I looked gorgeous with it on. The only con is the price for my poor student wage but you get what you paid for. HG for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 8:33:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

B50 (similar to chanel vitalumiere aqua B10)

Pros:
-very good coverage without mask effect.
-somehow this foundation is matte but doesnt emphasize any dry patches as others do.

Cons:
none

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Stimorol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried soooo many foundations, smashbox,estee lauder, loreal, glomineral,dermablend....and so on...but now I've found a AMAZING foundation!! The look of it, blue plastic tube hides a secret:-) second look, very watery, but My gosh..it's very covering. I apply with My fingers first, then use a foundation brush to buff it in. Then i wait a minute and then i apply a little more were it's needed. Looove it. The price were 335 swedish kr (45$) at a local store. ParfymeriL in Uppsala.
I found a perfect match too. Sp50. It blends so nice that i cant even see a different from My neck:-)) it's a little bit pink in the undertone i think. Lasted all day, looked the same at night after having it on for about 15 hour! Nice smell. I also tried id bare minerals mineral veil ready tinted to have on top..super!! Got a little tan that way:-) love it. I've found My favorite!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am SO happy I found this product on MA, and decided to give it a try.....It is truly phenomenal, and may be my HG! It stays on all day, works well with other products, doesn't even need a setting powder (at least for me), and while the finish is matte-ish, it is definitely not flat looking-it looks like skin. You must shake well, and when you first put it on your fingers, and you feel the watery consistency for the first time, you think, there is no way this is going to cover anything....let me tell you, it covers a lot, but does not look like a mask! And here is the huge plus for those of us with fine lines.....does not settle into them whatsoever, and works great over moisturizers...no primer even needed! I do recommend using an oil or cream cleanser to remove at night since it does have a sunscreen base, it is waterproof. Usually long wear, or makeup with sunscreens give me whiteheads, and this has not.....I could go on forever....the only negatives I have to report is the price, and I do wish it came in more colors....it also runs way light....Stop by Dillards, and they will give you a sample to try....if the Makeup counter person doesn't know anything about the product, make sure they shake it well before they give you a sample....or take the plunge, get a color match, buy it, and love it! :)
BTW: Been using it since end of May, and purchased it specifically for vacation and summer...awesome test through horseback riding, swimming, hiking, and whatever we were doing....Ok I'll shut up now.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No