December 21, 2014 | 850 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by pelini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a nice powder that will give you light to medium coverage. But it really has nothing over a decent drugstore powder. This powder controlled my oil about as well as my E.L.F powder -- but it costs 10x more.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 7:53:00 PM More reviews by peacehope

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is terrific, and I've not come across anything else that works as well on my very oily skin. I apply it lightly over foundation. Once or twice during the day I'll use a blotting paper and perhaps reapply the powder lightly again. No caking and no buildup of product. Finely milled, soft finish. I can't imagine this being a good choice for someone with dry skin as it's quite matte and designed to absorb oil. But for us oily gals, it's a great one to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by mspersia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this powder when I was a senior in high school. It's a good product but nothing special. The lady in the counter who "matched" the powder with my skin end up giving me a lighter color than my skin tone. I have acne prone skin and this product didn't broke me out and it did control my (used-to) oily t-zone. But like I sad it's not that special because there are other brands out there that do the same with a cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by EmilyC15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am one of those oily faces that Must. Wear. Powder. This goes on a touch heavily with the sponge puff and provides more coverage than an average powder - not foundation level, but useful if you need that kind of thing. I dusted some off my nose, where it went chalky. Light was a good match to my PPP skin. Very matte effect. After an indulgent foodie lunch that had fried things, I powdered up and was still reasonably matte 4 hours later, so I'm calling this a win.

This powder does highlight a wrinkle or two, as powder does, but the effect is rather marked. And the compact is irritating: hugely branded, larger than average - what inspired them, a Moon Pie? A flying saucer? - difficult to open, and fingerprints really easily. The only plus is the large mirror. I'm putting up with the compact for the sake of the powder, but I hope it gets a redesign.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by barefootcassandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I actually helps with oil, and makes my skin look amazing. Though it is expensive, but that never stops me!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by bluebirdmgc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product over Smashbox Antishine and it has worked WONDERS for my skin. I absolutely recommend this powder over any other I have ever tried.

UPDATE: I'm deducting one lippie after a year because my skin tone has changed slightly and due to the limited number of shades, I can't get it in a shade that perfectly matches my skin tone anymore. If it happens to match your skin tone, it's fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2011 11:23:00 PM More reviews by mollilovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay, so my mom doesn't want me to use drugstore brands of powder. I think i can convince her to let me after using this. I got it ONE SHADE to dark. This looks really bad, like i have a fake tan, okay thats my bad but i've used all of it because $38- no return policy, i'm getting my money's worth. well i'm in middle school and lets see i have PE right before lunch, every other day. when i go to the bathroom at lunch i literally have NO powder left on my face, lunch is three hours after the start of the day. THATS SO BOGUS!!! I would not really recommend this product if you want long-term coverage. But the three seconds you have it on before you get out the door to the bus, your face looks perfect. Sorry Estee Lauder, but this was a waste of money and a real debbie downer. :'(

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by gbstang11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift and while I don't have really oily skin and haven't used a powder in almost a year, I find that I do like this. I apply it with a brush over my Stila One Step and it blends beautifully, it makes my face look almost flawless, like it's been airbrushed. I love the big blue compact and the mirror is great. I'm not quite sure yet if this is a must have for me, but when and if it ever runs out - I only use a small amount over my foundation - I will probably considering re-purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 4:19:00 AM More reviews by i2ismartazzi2i

I have tried the original one, the non-matte one, and I loved it! I loved the coverage and the texture of it but the only downside of it was that through out the day, it made my skin very oily, more oily than other powder that i have used but also didn't love because the coverage was not that great. The powder I used before my was HG but I had to buy other products to use under it to control my oil. I figure that with this new powder i would found my new fav since the oil will be control. Well....it did control my oil but not in a good way. The coverage was the same which was great! And it didn't make my skin oily, but it was super drying and super cakey. It made me look older and it was so dull. The texture is so dry that applying it was not that great. Though my skin wasn't oily, it made it look bad and obvious that I was wearing makeup. I would definitely prefer the original one much better. I will not recommend this for others and I would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by makeupjunkie90

While this isn't a horrible pressed powder, it certainly isn't too great either. I was looking for a replacement for my Origins Silk Screen, and since it is a bit harder to locate I decided to try this Estee Lauder one since I have terribly oily skin. I'm beginning to notice that every time I buy a powder geared towards people with oily skin, it is always dry and cakey plus it does not control oil any better. It is definitely true in this case. First off, the color selection is not so great. If you've got a medium beige, pinkish skin tone you should have no problem finding a color. But I have very fair, yellow toned skin and while the Light color looked good in the store, and home it looked a bit too pink. Plus, I didn't like how it applied to my skin. Yes, it made my skin matte, but it didn't give a soft focus finish, it just kind of sat there leaving my face looking dull. This powder reminds me very much of Cover Girl Clean Powder, they both produce the same effect. Except Cover Girl has a better shade selection!! In my opinion if you've got true oily skin there is no powder or foundation that can completely solve that. I've tried so many oil-controlling foundations and powders, and in the end I'm still left with a shiny face. So best to stick with things that you know work, even if it's not necessarily meant for oily skin. For me, that is Origins Silk Screen!!