October 21, 2014 | 2025 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Teint Parfait - Complexion Enhancer in Apricot 4

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 6:01:00 PM More reviews by julijalv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

It gives you finished look - makes skin glowing and really beautiful - on photos it looks really good! Like you are not wearing makeup at all but at the same time you are looking very very nice. It is great for winter time, cause it moisturizes skin really good. Love the product!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2007 5:56:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

Me: LLL Olive-Neutral with Slightly Oily Skin. This is a review for # 4 which is designed to be used all over as a primer or on its own. Pros: Lovely light gel texture which feels like nothing on the skin, great fresh cucumber scent, somehow manages to blur imperfections without actually covering anything (this is not a foundation) and makes me look glowy without being overly glowy/too oily by the end of the day. This is a great product for summer, just to look 'done' but still incredibly natural and fresh with a bit of powder over the top. Cons: Super pricey - AU$65 - for a 30ml tube but it will last a long time as you only need a pea sized amount each time. Ps. I have very sensitive skin (although not sensitive to silicones) and no reactions.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2007 9:01:00 AM More reviews by LNGATES

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got a sample of this a few days ago. I found this product makes my skin oily, and it doesn't give you a finish as smooth as Smash Box photofinish. Neither products can really cover the redness for me. I will continue using Smash Box cuz it's not oily for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2007 12:38:00 AM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Bought this based on all the raves for its anti-red"ifying" properties, but this really didn't help much--certainly not given the purchase price.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2007 12:56:00 AM More reviews by notedgy

I really like this product because it somehow leaves my skin with a nice soft-focus look. It isn't shiny (yay), and it makes my skin look smooth and soft. I usually use this under my foundation, but occasionally I'll just use this on its own. It's expensive, but the tube lasts a pretty long time. Love love love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 4:26:00 AM More reviews by Fiirimardil

The main effects this product produces is evening out of the skin tone counteracting redness, improves the texture of the skin smoothing in and minimizing the pores slightly, gives the skin a natural looking matte/very slightly dewy appearance. It smells great. Only downside on this, is that it's a bit drying for my normal/dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by hottamale

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really liked the effect of this product. It took the red out of my skin. This product works as it's supposed to work and as everyone else has said it does, but it's not what I'm looking for because while it is a great complexion/tone neutralizer, it does nothing for texture. I think for me, it would be good in conjunction with something like Smashbox photofinish.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2006 7:39:00 PM More reviews by amara_lani

This is one of my most favorite products. It's kind of pricey, but one tube has lasted me a long time because I use only a dab on top of my foundation in areas where I want a healthy, sheer, natural glow. This product truly enhances the look of one's skin. I tried the complexion enhancer Apricot 4 while in Hong Kong and just had to have it. The results weren't immediately noticeable, but after about 30 minutes of wear, this product gives a nice finish that seems to "enhance" my natural skin. It's oil-free, a plus. I pat it on my cheekbones (after applying my medium coverage foundation, but before YSL Touche Eclat highlighter and NARS Laguna bronzer) for a nice, natural glow.

Updated 10/17/08:
With the right cleansers and exfoliation I have seen a dramatic difference in the health and appearance of my skin. Adding anything but noncomedogenic foundations to my face is 100% unappealing to me. I've really cleaned things up and boost my skin's "glow" appeal with a nightly mask (for glow - honey or Pangea Matcha), alternating with an organic clay mask every other night for clarifying purposes, and then under my natural, nontoxic foundation I use a natural, nontoxic moisturizer that gives me a real glow. So my skin looks incredible and I don't have to choose between looking good and keeping most healthy!

**I reserve a 5-lippie rating for products that shine above the rest in terms of efficacy, and based on toxicity and comedogenicity. I have a strong interest in consumer health and setting higher standards for the beauty industry. I extensively research products developed with consumer health in mind. This is my personal quest to find the best-quality products. We shouldn't have to choose between beauty and health.**

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2006 7:05:00 AM More reviews by iluminata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to say that I am a fan of YSL, though I do not find all the products have a good quality/price ratio. In this case I am very positive. After using this enhancer I do not need foundation anymore, only a bit of concealer on the eye area. And this taking into account that I have some redness in my face and sometimes look very tired, is a lot to say. I wil buy it again
UPDATE: ILOVEIT! Perfect when I do not have time or don't want a very made-up look.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2006 11:39:00 AM More reviews by daniella

This makes my skin look perfect and takes the red out, but is still very lightweight. Highly reccomend it!

note to YSL: PLEASE don't change the formula or discontinue ever!