July 29, 2014 | 952 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product was extremely not pigmented, neither the blush nor the bronzer in the set were. I put the bronzer on a few times hoping maybe it just looked bad at home. but once I looked in the mirror anywhere else I looked pale. i tried bronzing and contouring with the Laguna and it barely showed. The orgasm blush wasn't much better imo, it also barely showed. although it did have a nice very light shimmer. I bought this bronzer in the mini set with the orgasm blush. I've never really been a big fan of nars and after purchasing this product of 2, I have no desire to buy a nars blush or Laguna again. will return this product ASAP.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by courtneygardiner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Because of being really pale, I've been scared to enter the world of bronzing. I went to my nearest Nars counter and just tested this on the back of my hand, was pleasantly surprised about the colour so the assistant tried it on me.
The results were instantly evident, I look less pale and washed out, I look glowy, golden and 'bronzed'. Love how it brings out my cheek bones and collar bones. Packaging is lovely and modern, a large pan of product, a reasonable price for a high end brand with a good amount of quality product. This has made me glad I dared to enter the world of bronzing, i am yet to try contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by peggytsui

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really great bronzer. My skin is around NC20-25, and it works brilliantly as a contour, or just for warming up my complexion. It gives you this sort of bronzy glow, the shade is just perfect, and you get so much product. Perfect summer product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

I love all NARS products and this one is no exception! Great for a hint of colour, blusher, contour and overall powder. I am warm toned and love how the colour comes out on my tan skin, it's so pigmented with shimmer that gives off a nice glow. I bought laguna over a year ago and I still have so much product left. A must have in any make up bag!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Best bronzer for contouring! I use this solely for contouring as its the perfect colour for my NC30 with yellow undertones. Its not too dark which is great as I can slowly build up. I can use this as an all over bronzer but I prefer slightly orangely bronzers for that purpose.

Only complain is the packaging, I never like Nars packaging ever because of their material, it just gets sticky and gross overtime.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:25:00 AM More reviews by vanessa2009

I don't know too much about bronzers, so to me this is good. I only use this and a Napoleon Photo Ready Powder (Or Photo Finish, I don't even know what the hell it's called) in NW4 which is darker than my skin tone for contouring. Not that I contour or feel the need to bronze my skin often since I am naturally tanned at NC40. I regret buying the Napoleon powder now because I realised that even though this has some shimmer, it does not really translate onto the skin (especially not because I use an Hourglass Ambient Powder to set my make up) and so I can use this to contour my cheek bones and jaw line as well. Now that I realise I can use either, I tend to reach for this one. I really only touch it once every couple of months though and I've already had it for two years.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the queen of all bronzers! Expensive some might say but worth every penny. Perfect for giving that perfect bronzed glow without being too over the top. I have fair skin with yellow undertones and this just works. Excellent for contouring as well. I use the Mac 109 brush to apply this bronzer and it doesn't pick up too much product. I've only given the packaging 3 lippies because even though the compact is well made and durable the material finish is matte and gets filthy very quickly. If it comes into contact with cream or shadows it looks cheap and it's hard to get the compact clean. However a large mirror is great. With some Nars products such as their translucent compacts you do get a satin case which I think Nars should include with their bronzers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC! Fabulous bronzer, great for a beautiful highlight and contoured look! I have fair skin and this works perfectly without looking too dark and dramatic!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second compact of this bronzer and have just hit pan. I love this stuff to bits! I have pale skin with yellowy undertones and this is a nice neutral bronzer for my skin - not too orange, shimmery or reddish. I use it more as a contour as bronzing can look a little odd on me when I haven't been tanning. It applies so nice and evenly, I find some bronzers can be particularly patchy on my skin. I also love the huge mirror, it's great for travelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by elizabethm20

I adore Nars Laguna.
I have fair to medium skin and tend to fake tan during the summer months. Whatever my skin tone, Laguna complements it perfectly. The colour is the perfect mix, its not too muddy nor too orange toned and can be built up for contour or swept lightly for an all over glow.
Lasting power is brilliant with this bronzer, of course depending on the foundation. If I wear a long lasting foundation, it lasts all day in the same spot. If I use a less lasting foundation it tends to end up at the bottom of my face/ top scenario.
When looking at the cost of the product (I think it is around the 26 mark?!), yes it is expensive but the product lasts forever! I received my first Laguna for a birthday and I didn't need to re purchase until my next birthday and that's with wearing it everyday! I will add that upon repurchase my original was in bad shape (faded writing, totally hit the pan and god damn dirty).
One thing I HATE about all Nars products is the packaging. Yes - it looks beautiful when you first receive it but after one use it is looking rough. The matte black packaging just isn't made for 'make up bag products' as they just get filthy.
So overall, lovely product, would recommend and buy time again however rubbish packaging!