September 23, 2014 | 1831 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lv621

I stock up on this product now that it's discontinued here in the states! I feel it's a great moisturizer for the summer but for the winter months; I feel that I need a heavier moisturizer to battle the blistering chicago wind. I would love to buy this product again - I just need to head to canada for vacation now...

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by tv_viewer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this moisturiser. It doesn't clog my pores or irritate my sensitive skin. I used to think I had "dry" skin but I haven't had a single flake in the 5 months that I've been using this product.

I see other reviewers say it's been discontinued but there is still full stock of it here in Canada so maybe it was only discontinued in the U.S.

EDIT: Ok Dove must have changed the formula! I was using the cream version of this in the winter and tried switching back to this lotion. I broke out very badly as a result. I stopped using it for a few weeks then tried again a few days again and the breakout is back. I'm talking cysts here, not little pimples.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by MW1Horse

I think this product has been rebranded Dove Sensitive Skin Day Lotion, though I'm not entirely sure.

Love this lotion! I really like that there's no fragrance. It feels light and clean, and a little goes a long way. My HG! Perfect for my oily skin that still gets a little dry sometimes. Also is fantastic to put on windburn after a long day outdoors.

Wears well under makeup, or sometimes I blend it with foundation for light, even coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2009 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mccfrausto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Dove discontinued this product and it was the best one in the world. I would marry it. Its out of stock EVERYWHERE.
    I'm hoping it is true that Canada still carries this.
    Dove must be dumb,
    If they only knew I'd pay 50 dollars for this lotion.
    It's got 5 stars from 120 reviews, they must be nuts thinking to discontinue this.

I wrote to Dove.. In a letter of response they'd said that they'd decided to discontinue it, something about it not being worth it or it not making profits..
    See, if they would've advertised it more, instead of launching this whole "inner beauty" campaign then maybe more pharmacies would've carried it and it would've sold better.
    Their sensitive line wasn't well advertised at all. What's up with that.

Seriously. This stuff is gold.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i like dove. this lotion when applied feels gummy and slippery, it is light, and it works very well in reducing redness and dryness without any thick greasy feeling, won't irritate your skin, but over time as your skin becomes adapted to it, it stops working as effectively. you should switch it on/off with another moisturizer. there is no spf so i use it during my sleep, it does get rid of dry patches and makes your skin super smooth, try it it's not expensive at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by bebebench2love

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing moisturizer. I have combination skin and it controls the areas that needed be controlled. I love how light it is also. And the fact that it's oil and fragrance free is what makes it sooooo AMAZING!

I stick to something that my skin and wallet can agree on! ^_^
    And on that note, I also use the entire line of DOVE sensitive!
    THEY ARE ALL WONDERFUL PRODUCTS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by arruga

I've always loved Dove products. My sister recommended I try this moisturizer when I was looking for something new. I really like it! Its not oily & it actually works. I apply after I wash my face/use toner & before I put makeup on. I will definitely buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2008 8:34:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great little facial moisturizer! So many moisturizing products just turn my face red with irritation but this doesn't. It is probably best for normal/combo skin. The packaging is excellent. I've even used it on my hands in a pinch. Well worth trying if you don't expect or want a "miracle" creme that reduces lines and wrinkles.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by oliviaruth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG moisturizer. I love, love, love it. It has a really light texture and provides my skin with just the right amount of moisture. The squeeze bottle packaging is sanitary and good for traveling. I use this in the morning and apply after washing my face and before putting makeup on. The price is also great. I am concerned however, that Dove is discontinuing this because it has been harder and harder to find. I can no longer get it at Walgreen's/CVS/Target etc. but luckily have found it at weird places like the grocery store?! I think the next time I run out I may stockpile it just in case they are discontinuing this moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2008 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Jane_Dewey

I think this product has been repackaged as Sensitive Skin Facial Lotion. Pros: no fragrance, parabens, dye, or sunscreen. I use this at night with a tretinoin cream every other night. This keeps my skin from getting dry without breaking it out. I like the texture. It's best applied very soon after washing the face to capture the moisture.