July 30, 2014 | 1267 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

This is a great colour, easy to apply and lasts a great amount of time. It's a classic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by DanceyPants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Favourite Matte red lipstick, once it sets is doesn't budge, beautiful on very pale skin tones for a really classic look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

This is love at first swipe (even though I swiped it over lip balm), it is very pigmented. It's a classic red, the red that will stand the test of time, the red that's famous then, famous now and will still be famous for generations to come. It instantly made me look more elegant, more sophisticated, sexier and more confident. It's like power in a lipstick! Yes, I'm exaggerating. Lol.

The only thing I hate about it is: obviously its very drying formula. It sucks the moisture out of my lips so I swipe a tinted balm under and over it. But it's a matte so that's a given. I can't imagine what Ruby Woo would feel like!

A good dupe for this is Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick in the shade #01. I have both. Russian Red is just a matte version and a tad darker. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by SStar777

This is my fav red lipstick of all time. I love this lipstick soooooooo much. I will always repurchase it. This is my fav mac lipstick of all time. A PERFECT RED lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by emmahlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I adore this lip colour.
I'm not usually a lipstick person, and the only other shade I've really loved was Beguiled from Topshop's make up line, but I think that shade is on the way out and after hearing so many rave reviews about this lipstick and the way it suits so many colours I figured I had to try it.

The only other lipstick I've bought from MAC before was 'Vegas Volt' and I hated it. I don't know what it was about it but I couldn't bring myself to wear it. It made me look pasty and washed out, plus it was quite shiny and greasy. I ended up giving it to my Mum who seems to like it better than I did.

Russian Red is the total opposite. The blue based red is really complementary to my pale skin, and from reviews I've read myself it seems to suit the majority of people. The finish is probably my favourite thing about it - the matte finish makes it so chic to wear and once it's on it stays put. I like to put a really light dab on with some lip balm during the day for a bit of colour and then for night really layer it on to get the most out of the gorgeous red colour.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by aleehsirk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

First and foremost, I loved its deep color - it looks classy and brings out my neutral skin tone. It looks good whether I wear gold or silver accessories.

The consistency, it is semi-matte so what I do is I put on a lip balm first so my lips won't chap, put on a red lip liner, then top if off with this lipstick. The only thing that bothers me when wearing red lips is when I eat/drink, I have to re-apply the product since the colors in the middle part of your lips fade already (not that I don't expect that).

Without eating/drinking, I can wear this lipstick for 4 hours straight and the color will still be there, just have to retouch it a little bit afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 4:09:00 AM More reviews by kellystars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

When I first tried Russian Red it was in the early nineties, and it was famous for being Madonna's red. I hated it then, I thought it was extremely orange and I avoided it for over 20 years. In those days, I think my idea of a red lip was I would now call burgundy.

What a mistake I made by staying away. The red lipstick I had been searching for all this time was right under my nose. It is my platonic ideal. (Ruby Woo too blue for me now.) My coloring changed, or my tastes or maybe my color vision but this is exactly perfect now.

Matte, but not so dry it drags. It applies easily and has a velvety finish.
MAC lipsticks smell...awesome. I love that vanila new car scent.
The price is right.
Packaging is good.

So this is love...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Your perfect Hollywood glamour matte red lipstick. I am in love with both the shade and the finish, and it works well with MAC's Brick lipliner! I cannot express how much I love this red lipstick, as it does not come out pink like most red lipsticks I had tried previously. Stays on my lips all night, and is perfect if you'd like to achieve an elegant red carpet look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think red lipsticks are VERY tricky. I'm NC 30-35. When I put this on I felt like I looked like a clown, made me look aged (I'm 27), and made my teeth look yellowish(I even use crest white strips fairly regularly) When I put this on my mom, she looked like a FLIPPIN' movie star!! and she has slightly darker skin then me. Who knows, doesn't work for me though. It's now my mom's..... but I completly get why it's so popular

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by laurasmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been on a red lipstick kick and wanted to find one from Mac. I have a cool complexion so knew I needed a blue toned red. The Russian Red is certainly that. Because it is a matte, you'll want to put a lip balm underneath it. I wore it the other morning after treating my lips and it felt good all morning. When I reapplied it later in the day without the lip balm, my lips felt very dry. Note to self, keep a lip balm in the makeup bag! I wore it with a nyx lip pencil too so that could have exacerbated the dry feeling. Love this shade though.